Install Arc
Options

Sector Space Revamp

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alright, I'm a little confused with this space sector revamp and the doing away with enemy signal contacts...

i went to a deep space encounter, and i couldn't even enter in the thing... I'm honestly confused, and a little irritated. with those enemy signal contacts, players could at least grind a bit to get some needed energy credits, or some gear.
    are the enemy signal contacts completely gone now or something?

i kinda liked the grinding... plus, it helped with gaining some gear to sell for energy credits... is this all taken out now?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Sector Space revamp was the only good thing realeased with a rather thin Season 10. But it is bugged to hell. The borg red alerts either are already over when you enter. The unimatrix doesnt show or more than one shows. And now the Deferi Patrols and Breen Patrols no longer appear so doing the Deferi dailies is now pointless and unable to be completed.
    Sort your **** out Cryptic as this is one of the reasons I no longer pay money to you and why others do the same.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silverskyhigh2silverskyhigh2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the new look is kool looking but there is one thing that is bugging me and that is there was a mission that you could do before hand and that was to save the transport ship from True Way ships down in the Donatu Sector. Could someone tell me if that got moved else where or was it nuffed?
  • Options
    admirisonadmirison Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mitria1981 wrote: »
    I agree, I was so happy seeing that they have detailed all planets in our solar system so good I could even see the region where I live, even a tear came to my eye :) I only miss THE MOON!!!

That was a rare "realism" adjustment. Luna used to be practically french-kissing Earth; realistically, if it were that close, gravity would either pull it into the planet, or it would tear it apart and we'd be a ringed planet.

The flip side to that, of course, is that we can't fly past and see all the glittery Moon-cities anymore.
    Author, "Facing the Past" and "Stepping Over the Line" (a duology), "Venus Unveiled", "Worlds of the Federation", and "Alliances and Alignments"
    Member, Shadowbroker
    Not linear
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there due to be a fix to the autopilot issue that stops you approximately 2LY from where you want to end up in most cases?
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They have already confirmed that is intentional.

Thanks, I was unaware of that.

Why on Earth (or anywhere else in sector space for that matter) would that be the case though? Surely the point of an autopilot is to take you to where you want to be rather than quite near where you want to be.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2015
    IIRC, the "sun" of the system is the physical nav marker on the map, if they autopilot you to the system, you would just fly into the sun.

Cryptic needs to adjust this.

Either expand the zone that qualifies as having met arriving at the system (for Tour the Galaxy objectives) or have the path go closer to the sun without actually entering into it.

if I set a course, I expect to arrive and be verified as having reached the intended destination.

;)
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic needs to adjust this.

Either expand the zone that qualifies as having met arriving at the system (for Tour the Galaxy objectives) or have the path go closer to the sun without actually entering into it.

if I set a course, I expect to arrive and be verified as having reached the intended destination.

;)

I think the reason here is that Foundry authors now can make missions for each of the planets so you may have 3 different planets to fly to in a system instead of just one.
  • Options
    angelfrost1angelfrost1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Isn't Earth and the Sol System historically in the Alpha Quadrant? Voyager was trying to return home to the Alpha Quadrant, and the "History of the Alpha Quadrant" at the Academy also does kind of represent this. Maybe I missed a post but it does seem odd that the new revamp (even the page outlining the changes) mentions this. :confused:
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    YAY!

:::throws confetti:::

not so fast as long we cant Beam down to those Planets to take a walk and not only to this Planets.

Also to some Planets that have Missions but you cant visit like Rura Pente.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Right. . . isn't that what I'm saying?

1) Maps with nothing to do, don't get used.
    2) We won't be making any more maps with nothing to do. (as per the suggestion of a post earlier in the thread)
    Iven if we could not do mutch i could use them in a Fleet Event for something called schnitzeljagd in German.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last week's tweak to lighting improved ship visibility considerably; thanks for that.

I only just realized a few days ago that planets rotate which is very cool.

Unfortunately now sometimes I am see two HUD navigation points for things like expanses and DSEs.

The lens flare effect when approaching a star is better, working as intended I'd say, but I'd still prefer a smaller/dimmer effect or the ability to disable it.

Is there an ETA on dealing with sector block boundaries not being visible, either making them visible or redefining content related to them?

After flying around for a few weeks, I still find the stars too big and bright at planetary distances. They are beautiful up close, but the glare can be annoying when concentrating on other things. I'd prefer stars either be about half their current size with as large a collision boundary as now or that they only substantially zoom larger as you cross the innermost planetary orbit.

The expanses are a big source of glare too, although I'd prefer they stay the same size (or even get larger) but have less glarey/bloomy FX.

Related to some complaints about auto-nav leaving you too far out-system for contacts, an "Assume standard orbit: Planet X" at a greater radius from the star(s) would be really cool. Bridge officer back-talk like "Standard orbit, aye!" would be nice too. Icing on the cake would be my ship then following the planet's orbit rather than trying to go directly to it.

I really hope there can be some kind of interplanetary "dolly zoom" eventually to give some better sense of scale to solar systems and solve the perspective issue. It would be even more immersive if a planet across the solar system were noticeably smaller than the one I'm orbiting. Same with stellar size. Having a different scale for object size and speed within the bounds of a solar system could achieve this.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ussberlin wrote: »
    not so fast as long we cant Beam down to those Planets to take a walk and not only to this Planets.

Also to some Planets that have Missions but you cant visit like Rura Pente.

Iven if we could not do mutch i could use them in a Fleet Event for something called schnitzeljagd in German.

Between High School and College, my wife had 5 years of German and this stumped her. Thankfully, Google provided.

Schnitzeljagd most likely English translation is Scavenger Hunt, in this context.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    walterofbishopwalterofbishop Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Overall I've been quite pleased with the sector space revamp. It has vastly improved my immersion and I'm glad to have it. I was particularly struck by the Lackey System. If this was previously in effect I missed it, but the effect of the Paulson nebula with the debris field is something to behold. Well done on the art department.

Also, I noticed that the Caro System has no visible star in sector space, which I suppose could be due to the Hobus supernova. However, in the Caro III patrol mission a background (hexagonal) star is visible.

Anyway, thanks for all the great work. I'm trying to decide on a Fed ship to purchase so I can really get into the game much more. Thanks.
  • Options
    zaxbearzaxbear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My biggest misgiving with the Sector Space revamp is that space is now 2-D. While I suppose it always was on maps or playing, with different sector blocks I could imagine the world of Star Trek as a 3-D world, where some sector blocks may have actually been "under" or "on top of" others. I think that would be more realistic. While in our own solar system all the planets lay on the ecliptic plane, I can't say all other systems will lay upon that plane.
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic devs, when will you fix the double loading screen ? Always seeing the old sector space map for a quick second and having each time a second loading screen to the new sector map start really to TRIBBLE a lot of us and makes me want to quit playing completely and definitively sto.

(for info my friend list is now reduce to max 5 players online regularly. every one else is bored that you takes ages to fix all those issue)

When will you fix the Delta quadrant bug ? When using Jenolan Dyson Sphere entrance in Beta quadrant and not spawning at the Jenolan sphere in delta ?

This is really not serious. If you want to push players to quit, keep going , hopeless :(
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)