test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Music of STO

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Ten Forward
I know we've all got tired of the ingame soundtrack at some point. and some of us probably never listened to it in the first place. hence this isnt about the game soundtrack but pretty much to pose the question: what is your music of STO?

Ive started listening to old Donkey Kong Country: Fear Factory as well as a lot of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun tunes, with a little RA2 and Yuri's revenge tossed in.

Also use some things (like Extreme Ways from the Bourne Movie Credits or Shepherd of Fire by Avenged Sevenfold).

Im just curious and thats what this section of the forums is all about, discussing what we all do to enhance our gaming experience in various ways.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whatever i want to listen from my music collection. Usually some metal or progressive rock.
    I rarely listen to game sounds, only when a new mission comes out.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,118 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    -A few RWBY tracks... (the Season 2 theme actually seems appropriate for STO)
    -Various videogame/movie soundtracks
    -misc other tracks...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lots and lots of trailer music, mostly from Two Steps from Hell, Trailerhead, and ES Posthumus.

Sometimes switching to stuff like Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, or Jean Michel Jarre.

And the occasional burst of Gustav Holst, naturally.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Used to play a Stargate soundtrack that's built up over the years. These days I forget to turn it on. :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've compiled a playlist from older Trek game soundtracks, like Starfleet Academy, both Armadas and Birth of the Federation. It helps to spice things up and still remain in-universe. :)
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • Options
    krampaskrampas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In some battles I play the "Ride of the Valkyries" (or "Walk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I get tired of the STO music I just mute my computer.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    this is actually getting very interesting to read. im going to have to try the classical music. very correct about Wagner. Perhaps Beethoven, as well.

The guy who mentioned the 50's music, im imagining blasting a cube to the Beetles. as for the one who simply mutes their computer....surely there's SOMETHING :)

I forgot to mention i play a bit of Battlestar Galactica music from the 2004 series. great composition and a large part of it was played during battle scenes so it fits.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    I just stream whatever is on Spotify on my tablet to my pc... and reroute it to my headset...
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This:

http://streema.com/radios/KKJZ_HD2_88.1

Think Vic Fontaine.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sometimes I listen to various heavy metal music like speed, black, death and thrash genres.

But most of the time I listen to trailer music like from Two Steps From Hell, Immediate Music, Thomas Bergersen's solo stuff, E.S. Posthumus, Audiomachine, Denny Schneidemesser, etc. I also listen to some remixes like Plasma3Music's remix of SWTOR Theme - "Rise of The Old Republic" and World of War Craft Remix - "The Shaping Of The World".

I might just upload a playlist of trailer music to Youtube so that I can access it from anywhere that has an internet connection.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the STO soundtrack quite a bit, my favorite ones are:

New Romulus adventure zone (so calm and pristine, fits the place so well and makes me want to come back)
    Delta Rising main theme/ Kobali Prime (this is a good trek song and it fits)
    Legacy of Romulus main theme (so pretty)
    Defera (its good and dark, kinda makes you think of a Borg invasion)
    Dyson Sphere/ Nukara Prime (it fits the Dyson Sphere zone like a glove)
    Ground combat in the Beta Ursae, Alpha Trianguli, and Zeta Andromodae sectors (THIS is nice)

What would go well with this game would be the Galaxy on Fire soundtrack (ALL in GOF2 that means Valkyire and Supernova, and a little from Alliances)
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Sto music is not that bad. Most of the time sto is set to 5% volume in the mixer so I can hear other things like ts better. Then the music is set even lower in game so the sound effects are more noticeable. If I want music there is always /winamp. When you can control external music programs in game they are almost asking for you to listen elsewhere. At least the DJ is better.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    robdmc wrote: »
    The Sto music is not that bad. Most of the time sto is set to 5% volume in the mixer so I can hear other things like ts better. Then the music is set even lower in game so the sound effects are more noticeable. If I want music there is always /winamp. When you can control external music programs in game they are almost asking for you to listen elsewhere. At least the DJ is better.

admittedly the game music isnt that bad. it just gets old like everything else. ill agree the delta quadrant music and new rom is some of the best ive heard. but in the end variety is the spice of life and that's what this thread is about. no arguments about which is better or whatnot, just what you (other players) use, either ingame music or from elsewhere.