Options

i want the shuttlebay back on esd

2»

Comments

• Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    According to your signature, you've been part of the community for around 7 years

How did you manage to stay this long with all these complaints that you say have existed since Beta?

Came for the cheese, stayed for the whine :P
  • Options
    electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Well, since you saw through my clever use of my "Iconians" account, I might as well respond with my proper dev account now.

Holy... Helm Full stop!

"tacofangs" is "Iconians"...

"Iconians" is "tacofangs"

That's a bigger reveal than the ESD shuttle bay explanation. Does this mean you will be retiring the Iconians account and be using your dev account from now on now that that illusion is dispelled?

In hindsight I really went to the wrong person for my dev conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    hey i think we found a developer's player account. seriously. for THIS much of a slanted response you have to be on cryptic's payroll, possibly making the big bucks. who knows. either way as a couple of players have pointed out ur whole argument starts to lose integrity upon closer inspection. heck all they really have to do is put in functioning turbolift doors....oh wait, they did.

This, boys and girls, is why you use Tin foil and not Lead Foil to wrap your head in to protect from the Illuminati Lizard Men. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    Well, since you saw through my clever use of my "Iconians" account, I might as well respond with my proper dev account now.

Wait what!?!?!? I'm confused
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015

It's called a joke, dear.

:::head pat:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    so for a while we were enjoying being able to go into the shuttlebay on ESD. then you guys took that from us. i want an official reason why. really, those of us that figured out how to do that liked it.

give us back the shuttlebay, not the stupid "emergency transport"

The fact that you had to scale the station, log out at the right point, then log back in again just to glitch through a wall and then jump in the right direction to break through the ceiling should really have been enough of an indication that we weren't supposed to be in there. But yeah, let's ask for an official reason for why they fixed what was technically a bug. Even though official reasons for the shuttle bay being off limits were given numerous times during the new ESD's development.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

mind = blown
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    This, boys and girls, is why you use Tin foil and not Lead Foil to wrap your head in to protect from the Illuminati Lizard Men. :rolleyes:

Actually, tin foil hats work as antennas for mind control signals. Lead foil provides some protection, but the only effective protection against the Illuminati Lizard Men are Faraday Cages.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Sure.

First one:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1076881

And his expanded answer:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16964521&postcount=15

We aren't getting into the shuttle bay. It was never built for us to be there.

true to form im placated for now. (still miss it though).

i was always trying to jump onto one of the shuttles flying through, never made it though. i want to see if they were solid and could be "surfed" on. i know the ships that can be seen through the window arent solid (big disappointment when i got over the science ship that used to be there, jumped, and fell through).

surprised this has remained alive...
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015

ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wait

Iconians is Tacofangs

Tacofangs is great evil to Millennium City

SEASON 11! STAR TREK ONLINE IS GETTING HEROIC! ChampionsXSTO crossover!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did I go back in time again?????
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Did I go back in time again?????

If so, you must have taken half the forums with you. When's the next time-jump?
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    true to form im placated for now. (still miss it though).

i was always trying to jump onto one of the shuttles flying through, never made it though. i want to see if they were solid and could be "surfed" on. i know the ships that can be seen through the window arent solid (big disappointment when i got over the science ship that used to be there, jumped, and fell through).

surprised this has remained alive...

The moving shuttles have no collision, and if they did, the collision would simply remain where the shuttle started, and the moving shuttle would still have no collision. Hence, the moving shuttles have no collision.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The moving shuttles have no collision, and if they did, the collision would simply remain where the shuttle started, and the moving shuttle would still have no collision. Hence, the moving shuttles have no collision.

No Shuttle Surfing? It was the one sport that I wanted STO to have. Well that and Orbital Skydiving.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015

i am imagining comedic effect of someone looking out ESD window and seeing my romulan go surfing by on the nose of a yellowstone runabout.

:)
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    No Shuttle Surfing? It was the one sport that I wanted STO to have. Well that and Orbital Skydiving.

I wanted orbital skydiving too!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I wanted orbital skydiving too!

You can still grab a floater from Risa and hit the altitude cap, then deactivate it.

For added fun, you can pet a Cannibal Tribble on the way back down. You get reduced to 1 hitpoint (even if the fall damage is greater), but the Cannibal Tribble could kill you at just the right moment.

I came across a lot of dead bodies on Risa once, and I think it was speculated that was the cause of death in a non-combat zone.

Maybe it was some bad oysters rockefeller, though.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Already knew that shuttle surfing was impossible in October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1OikO8HogA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQQiLuTYT8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaWO96CG08o
  • Options
    kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So THAT is why you never see Tacofangs and Iconians at the same time...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starkaos wrote: »

Risa 2015. Make it happen.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so for a while we were enjoying being able to go into the shuttlebay on ESD. then you guys took that from us. i want an official reason why. really, those of us that figured out how to do that liked it.

give us back the shuttlebay, not the stupid "emergency transport"

So you want to bring a bug back to STO? While we're at it, let's bring them ALL back! Every single game breaking bug from "doing this x amount of times results in a CTD" to dismembered characters and starships on ground maps! And for lulz, let's have everyone lagged to 1 fps. What do you say shinnok918? Do you want to open Pandora's box?
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited February 2015

your 6' turkey joke was scary ... *hides!!!* lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    a3001 wrote: »
    So you want to bring a bug back to STO? While we're at it, let's bring them ALL back! Every single game breaking bug from "doing this x amount of times results in a CTD" to dismembered characters and starships on ground maps! And for lulz, let's have everyone lagged to 1 fps. What do you say shinnok918? Do you want to open Pandora's box?

I kind of wish I was here for the starships on ground maps bug.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    scififan78 wrote: »
    It was removed because we were never meant to go there to begin with. The shuttles they use in the ESD shuttle bay is not to player's scale and the Devs felt it too immersion breaking to stand next to a shuttle that comes up to your shoulder.

Well, that, and several textures/windows are missing, further down the road. When I was in it, when the shuttle bay was still open, I even fell out of the space station once. :) The whole bay simply wasn't meant to be entered, is all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As it has been said that the Shuttle Bay in ESD isn't to scale, has bugs, or visual errors, they should create a separate Foundry map of the ESD shuttlebay that IS to scale. Ideally something people in the foundry can use and play with. Maybe they could do this as part of an extra mission. like they did at the end of the Delta Quadrant missions. Create it as part of the bonus mission from Cryptic, and then release the map to the foundry. For the player, it would seem like changing from the ESD scene to the ESD shuttlebay scene. It would be reasonable from the mind of the player. A natural transition. :) Besides the shuttle bay is a pretty core part of the storylines in Star Trek, right?
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »

Dear God.... I'm more confused than a cow....I think we now have an Iconian Tacofangs...or a Taconianfangs
  • Options
    giohaxgiohax Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    and i want a chocolate cookie.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear God.... I'm more confused than a cow....I think we now have an Iconian Tacofangs...or a Taconianfangs

Taconianfangs! I sense a slash-fic :P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy