test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enhanced Armor Penetration trait performing incorrectly (NOT the decimal error!)

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In some testing done by other players and myself we've confirmed that use of the enhanced armor penetration trait, which states "your weapons have enhanced armor penetration", which is supposed to provide +5% armor penetration and is currently bugged to instead provide +50% armor penetration, a bug which has been identified and checked in to be fixed, this ability is performing incorrectly in another way:

It's working like attack pattern beta. Specifically, when an enemy fires on you with this trait active, for the duration of any weapon hits, your resist to all damage drops by the value, and this resist decrease stacks for number of attacking enemies, and thus applies to all their damage.

Because the trait is also broken with the decimal place error and is massively overperforming, this is quite a problem because an enemy team in PVP all mounting it can rapidly knock your resists into the far negatives just by shooting you.

While the trait is going to have the decimal place issue fixed, I was hoping we could get a dev confirmation on the functionality issue, and maybe see it fixed so that the trait works as advertised: that it adds armor pen to the user's weapons, rather than applying a debuff to the target that drops their final resistance rating by the full amount.

Sharkxtreme's tests with the power as it is currently performing noted that from a single target, their listed resistances (after all modifiers and counting the diminishing returns), dropped for a total value of: 60.7 to 18, when attacked by a single enemy with this trait.

As this trait applies a debuff and stacks with other attackers, even without the decimal place error, it will be overperforming its intended design.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some lines from a combatlog would be helpful to show this, cause if it was stacking as is being suggested - well, damage would be a Hell of a lot higher than it currently is.

Damage from debuffing tends to be in the 260-290% range, which would mean around -204 to -272 DRR from debuffs.

Sensor Scans, stacked APB1/2/3, Ionic, various Disruptor Procs, APD, FoMM, and so forth...is what's going to get folks into that range along with their EAP.

If you had 5 players that were stacking their EAP on a target in the suggested fashion, that would be like adding another -DRR.

-404 to -472 DRR would mean 328-340% instead of that 260-290%.

Damage would be far higher than it, imho, if EAP was actually working in that suggested fashion.

A simple test would be to have folks go into Argala together and shoot at an NPC in a synchronized fashion.

There would be two lines for each hit, a shield and a hull line. Not using any abilities/gearing/traits/etc that increased shield bleed nor any additional debuffs; it would be a case of looking at the second line for each hit...the hull line...there will be two numbers at the end, the actual hull damage and the base damage.

If EAP is stacking, then...

Actual Damage = Base Damage * 0.1 * 1.9230

If EAP is not stacking, then...

Actual Damage = Base Damage * 0.1 * 1.4884

Like I said in the other thread for that 60.7 to 18 DR, that would require over 900 DRR in debuffs to accomplish...that's just not plausible. Outside of the person being mistaken that reported the numbers to him, I'm left to wonder if it was a case of them being Aux based DRR buffs that tanked from the Neutronic drain.

I'm not going to fight a potential bug fix if there's a bug there to be fixed, it's just a case that I've never seen anything that suggests that it's working that way.