test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic: Please implement a Noob-Slayer mechanic.

arthdaynearthdayne Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I'm getting a little tired of clueless people entering Advanced and Elite STF's and forcing an automatic fail on everyone.

If you don't know what you are doing in a mission, then you don't belong in "advanced" or "elite" difficulty. Please look those words up in a dictionary.

Of course, that public plea will achieve absolutely nothing.

Therefore, I propose a Noob-Slayer mechanic for the game.

Essentially, any Noob who fails an STF for his team (advanced or elite) becomes marked as PVP vulnerable and may be slain and looted by anyone else in the game. Once looted, they become unmarked again. The slayer may take any one item, 1k dilithium, or 1M credits from the Noob.

What defines a Noob? A scoring mechanic. When you achieve objectives in advanced or elite STF's, you score clue points. Anyone with a score history below a certain threshhold of objective points per run (say, bottom 20%) is a "potential Noob". When a potential Noob enters an Advanced or Elite STF and fails to score any objectives in the mission, they are then flagged as an active Noob. Only death and looting (or a GM action) will clear the flag.

Once Noobs start suffering personal pain, I suspect they will learn real fast to look up the definition of the word "advanced" in the dictionary.

Please Cryptic, make it open-season on inconsiderate clueless players. Please!

I welcome any constructive feedback.

Thank you for your attention.
Post edited by arthdayne on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arthdayne wrote: »

Therefore, I propose a Noob-Slayer mechanic for the game.
    Once Noobs start suffering personal pain, I suspect they will learn real fast to look up the definition of the word "advanced" in the dictionary.

Please Cryptic, make it open-season on inconsiderate clueless players. Please!

Thank you for your attention.

Could we do something with electric shocks as well here? I mean its about ISA… we cannot have a noob messing up ISA already. Think about how hard he will bring it down on the community in IGA. :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Yea... no. I don't see this happening at all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Does "Please tell me you're not serious" count as constructive feedback?
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    arthdaynearthdayne Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... no. I don't see this happening at all.

Of course, it would be less sadistic to implement a positive achievement mechanic to enable access to higher level difficulties.

But that is much less satisfying.

I want to see Noobs running from gunfire in public places.

-a
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "I welcome any constructive feedback."

Don't enter random public queue's...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Of course, it would be less sadistic to implement a positive achievement mechanic to enable access to higher level difficulties.

-a

Not sure if trolling or genuinely psychopathic....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015

-a

Until one of those so called n00bs turns out to be a skilled player who just had a bad day...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with something like this.

What if the n00b in question, who has apparently ruined someone's whole life by failing out of one of six missions in a not very good video game, does not play PvP?

As has been said many times past counting around here about STFs - Don't PUG.

'n00b' is a word I hate. It is as derogatory a term as the other N-word. And just like the other N-word, the people who use it the most are those who are the weakest in mind, spirit, and morals.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My question would be if you are certain that they are "noob" players and not just greifers.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What? Stealing gear, dil and EC from antoher player? Really? That's how you want to improve the game?:confused:
    What the hell did you smoke?

Doing something to improve the failing rate in pugs is necessary bit this is going waaaay oberboard.

More like something: no access to andvanced until you completed normal with all optionals or something along those lines.

Or maybe just implementig scoreboards so noobs can see that they actually were carried through and didn't contribute anything.
    But taking people's stuff just for the sake of some butthurt people feeling less butthurt is just dumb.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I'm sorry, but I just don't have any. A raging post with the word clue in made me think of the Hardly Boys from South Park and the episode: Mystery of the Urinal Deuce.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a better question to ask, why has there been such a spike in 'grr noob' threads recently? I would have assumed with the queues the way they are it would be good to get any sort of action in the first place.

As for OP. Since I am the eternal optimist I will assume you are just angry, and in time will regret even suggesting such an idea in the first place.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would just propose that every noobs IP is traced, his adress is made public and Cryptic sens thug squads to them to just beat the TRIBBLE out of them.

Stupid noobs, always ruining my game.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As this has already gotten some heated replies, and most likely won't do any better as the day goes on, I'm going to close this thread.

This type of system will never be introduced. As it's been stated here, and numerous times before, if you're having issues with pugs for advanced and elite then don't pug it.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.