test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are there any F2P players who have joined this game from 2014 onwards? on this forum

hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
Tell me if you are still playing this game or have given it up to tell your friends it is a pretty sucky game at the moment.
STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I joined in 2014, and I enjoy it very much. As for if my build is competitive, I could care less, I do not do PvP much.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I joined in 2014, and I enjoy it very much. As for if my build is competitive, I could care less, I do not do PvP much.

ok awesome 1 peeps how many more? oh as for " NOT being competitive" i hear ya buddy ... i hear ya ;-)
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • vonrowvonrow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    <---- tried out the game back in the first wave of Beta testers...ages ago. I found the UI and controls a bit awful to say the least, at that time anyway.

I heard there were a lot of changes over the years and decided to scope it out about the middle of last year ('14) at the end of the Romulan whatnot. If that counts me as "new" then I'll take it. As far as dps go, I have no clue what my numbers are. And frankly I don't give a ____ if they are TRIBBLE elite numbers or not. I point my ship at stuff, defeat the baddies, complete the episode/mission, and collect my little award for doing so. My ships and toons are running around in 99% purple MK 12. Not exactly competition gear, and again --I don't care. Stuff dies, episodes play out. I'm having fun. Heh, and I'm using the T6 Dauntless that everyone seems to hate. (which cost me no cash at all, since I used the dil exchange to get the zen)
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Isnt this game designed currently for highest DPS = best/fastest/time gated rewards?
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    Isnt this game designed currently for highest DPS = best/fastest/time gated rewards?

Not exactly. The DPS race might help with Omega Rep, but the other reps aren't gated behind STFs. Counter Command can be done with the Undine Battlezone, Dyson can be done with the Voth Battlezone, Romulan can do a Tau Dewa run, Nukara can do... Nukara, and Delta... Bug Hunt or get lucky with the zone missions on Kobali Prime.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I joined in January 2014. I transferred my subscription from another Cryptic game to STO in March and still have an active sub. I am enjoying the game. There are things that I would like changed/tweaked, but all in all there is more good than bad and I tell people all the time what a great game this is.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Join date is earlier but i started playing recently.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I joined in January 2014. I transferred my subscription from another Cryptic game to STO in March and still have an active sub. I am enjoying the game. There are things that I would like changed/tweaked, but all in all there is more good than bad and I tell people all the time what a great game this is.

I was "free to play" until this year then upgraded to subscription membership. Yes, after Delta Rising. I'm very happy with the game, although there is always room for improvement. I have no interest in PvP, but am delighted to see new content and story being added to the game.

At the risk of being branded a "fanboy" or such, in my opinion the worst part of the STO experience is the constant complaining and "entitlement culture" that seems to infest the forums, and the lack of moderation in the in-game chat, where racism and religious intolerance are frequently encountered.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Not exactly. The DPS race might help with Omega Rep, but the other reps aren't gated behind STFs. Counter Command can be done with the Undine Battlezone, Dyson can be done with the Voth Battlezone, Romulan can do a Tau Dewa run, Nukara can do... Nukara, and Delta... Bug Hunt or get lucky with the zone missions on Kobali Prime.

Why oh why does the Kobali Zone not reward Ancient Power Cells.

As it is, it's a place you have no reason to go whatsoever. You get Delta marks with Argala runs, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    one of 2014 here and still playing. mostly R&D and doffing.
    I was going to leave this game but last week I found new fun in fleet managing. Since our old fleet leader left.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dropped 40€ to buy zen so i could get a phantom. Not sure if i still qualify for f2p then. I'm having fun tho. Think the biggest plus for being new is that I don't have all this emotional baggage most seem to have here on the forums,
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I believe I joined late 2013 early 2014 I don't recall anything changing game wise right after I joined which is why I'm posting here. Yeah I've spent some $ on the game and the game is really fun!! I love my Tier 1 and shuttles. Also find a great fleet you'll have fun!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I bought the game when it was new, had only 2 factions and was more heavy on PvP... then I set it aside and came back in 2014 and have been here ever since...

However, getitng bored with the repitition. Just waiting for Firefly Online to launch....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    Tell me if you are still playing this game or have given it up to tell your friends it is a pretty sucky game at the moment.

Better question would be who has been playing BEFORE 2014 :)

Of course most of the NEWBIES would be including in your request since Cryptic is betting BIG on newbies NOT on older players and of course whales.
    DUwNP.gif

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think newer players will be more accepting of the state of the game because they haven't seen the successive nerfs. It's mostly veteran players that have been here a while that are upset because they know what they've lost.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I joined in January 2014.

I enjoyed the game much more prior to the release of Delta Rising, but I still play the game. However, I play at my own pace and I don't necessarily chase after DPS.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I think newer players will be more accepting of the state of the game because they haven't seen the successive nerfs. It's mostly veteran players that have been here a while that are upset because they know what they've lost.

Agreed. :(
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Joined early 2014 after discovering it was actually free to play, put some cash into the game but only for zen for ships or for the pack, and it was a long grind to get up to speed thanks to many out there for fleet invites and assistance with the basics, plus a lot of reading on the web and this forum.

Then, all of a sudden, all the reputation, fleet, purple, and some expensive lockbox gear on the exchange along with tier 5 ships became what they are now. People now think it's ok to get mad at you for not flying a pure DPS ship-only, in the way that maximizes DPS only, and for reaching and exceeding 10k dps on ISA.

How dare I not upgrade my weapons, and while at it, all my gear, on all 6 characters, for all types of ships! "Don't play your alts" say self-entitled puggers. It's pay large sums, play into the RNG, or get out noob.

I'm definitely not short on grinding, trying to learn from others, research, and grinding all day every day in the most efficient ways possible, so there's no faulting that. But even that's got its limits, and this isn't the only MMORPG around.

It's been fun, a good distraction, thanks for the great memories... maybe there'll be more bug fixes, balanced gameplay, more non-grind content, more for our Roms and KDFs, or just more extreme power gaps with a vast gray area in-between the two peaks. It seems so far the direction is in catering to those who pay large sums of cash, or those who are ok doing nothing but grinding for...I don't know what for, PVE is a good challenge with yesterday's gear as long as you've got a good team to work with.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »

Sounds about right.

Joined in Feb 2012 after seeing an article about the launch of the Enterprise F, plus the perks of seeing a F2P Star Trek game when I was unemployed at the time. Geared up 14 different characters, and even my farming alts were well-enough equipped to handle the old version of NWS. But after DR (and even S9 really), I want the old STO back. Hell roll it all back to S5 for all I care, but I refuse to use lobi/lockbox power creep, I refuse to grind traits or specializations, I refuse to grind out thousands of crafting kits to upgrade 14 characters, and I refuse to join in the DPS chase. It just isn't the same game it once was.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    Well, guess I'm out of the straw, I joined 2012.... And yet, I still play it e eryday, for almost 6-7-8-9 sometimes 10 or more hours...

:)
  • helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a 2010 player, who has seen all the changes, STO would not be here if it had not changed, and yes, some of those changes do suck, big-time, it has meant it makes money, and exists.

I was one of the peeps who gave it six months on launch, boy was I wrong!

And I am glad about that.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I joined after it went FTP so I been on here for a good while. So far I still love playing the game and still enjoy getting on.

Granted from the stuff that changed and saw happen. I have not been discouraged in order to play. Many hates the new Delta and changes. So far I have loved them.

In all most games has their good and bad points. I see more good than bad, so I keep playing.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.