test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player vs Player queues misrepresenting players in queue

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After about a month of analysis I thought I'd post my findings on this: Basically there is a queue display issue with PVP queues. It doesn't appear to happen for other queues, and it may be related to the issue that was fixed last month, I'm not really certain.

What seems to be happening is that the system is hanging on to information for five to ten minutes after a queue has launched, so it thinks the players in the launched queue are still queued. This results in erroneous queue numbers, such as when Capture and Hold PVP scenario displays '17 players' on the queue list, when in fact there are only 5'

The misrepresentation of player numbers makes it very difficult for players to estimate wait times or current interest in those queues, which in turn impacts participation in PVE because player queue slots are limited to 3 across PVE and PVP. If a player is queuing up for a PVP mission that purports to have 9 players, but actually has 0 players, then they will be waiting until the system updates and tells them there's nobody else queued.

This time could bebetter spent elsewhere, and it would be great to get a fix to accurately show the numbers rather than wasting time that could be better spent on other content.