test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega R&D Quantity slider not working

rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The quantity slider when crafting the various Omega fragments/shards/etc isn't working anymore. I set the quantity to five, and it remains at one. Any reasons for this?
Post edited by rabidredneck02 on

Comments

• difractaldifractal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure that its a bug.
    By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year.

After reading this statement, I think they believe they are just making our R&D projects "valid and valuable all the time.".
  • undeguyundeguy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    difractal wrote: »

After reading this statement, I think they believe they are just making our R&D projects "valid and valuable all the time.".

There's a marked difference between a "bonus" and simple "quantity."
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, it is a bug. Borticus (a Dev) has replied as such. No word yet on when it will be fixed.

On the good news front, the projects will be with us for the foreseeable future. only the harvest nodes for Omega materials will disappear at the end of the anniversary event.
    We recently came to the decision to allow the Omega Projects to remain available indefinitely, after the conclusion of the Anniversary Event.

We will be moving these projects to a new "Special Projects" R&D School in a future patch, so that they do not clutter up the Science R&D School as they currently are. The "Special Projects" School will behave very similarly to Officer Training in that it does not have any projects that reward, nor rely upon, Skill Levels or Research XP.

As stated previously, the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game (and thus source of Omega materials) will go away when the Event is over. But anything you have gathered between now and then will be yours to keep, and continue to refine forever.
    Are we there yet?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    difractal wrote: »

Crafting Omega Slivers, Shards, Fragments, and Kits don't reward you with dilithium. In fact, nothing in R&D rewards dilithium. They were talking about event and reputation projects. The quote you posted is talking about reputation marks. Where do you get the idea they are talking about R&D? "Conversion projects" refers to rep projects where you convert marks into dilithium.

I am having the same problem when crafting Omega Slivers, etc. No matter what I set the quantity to it will only allow me to craft 1 item.

@philosophere:
    borticuscryptic didn't acknowledge the bug at all. He just explained they were going to make the Omega trace projects into a separate tab in the R&D window and that the projects will be there permanently, though after the anniversary event we won't be able to get any more traces. Though I suppose you could assume they are aware of the quantity issue and will fix it when they make the change "soon".
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015

...snip...

@philosophere:
    borticuscryptic didn't acknowledge the bug at all. He just explained they were going to make the Omega trace projects into a separate tab in the R&D window and that the projects will be there permanently, though after the anniversary event we won't be able to get any more traces. Though I suppose you could assume they are aware of the quantity issue and will fix it when they make the change "soon".

Sorry about that. The quote I gave was in support of my statement that the projects will continue after the event ends.

As to my initial statement that it is a bug, Borticus did not use the term "bug" in one of his posts, but did state "not an intentional change, and we're investigating", which in my eyes reads "a bug".
    As I've mentioned in a few other threads on the topic: This was not an intentional change, and we're investigating why it occurred.

As far as we've found, it only seems to affect Omega refinement projects, and PADD component creating projects. All other component crafting allows quantity selection as before.

Again, my apologizes for any confusion... :)
    Are we there yet?