test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officers in Mail/Inventory MISSING powers

jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a number of bridge officers as mail attachements (some have been returned to me after exchange sales) and none have any BOFF powers anymore.

All of these boffs were kept for the reason that they had good skills (BO3, TBR3, TS3, AUX2SIF3, RSP3 and the like) so these had intrinsic value prior to the patch.

Can a Dev please confirm that this was an error (the boffs should still have the skills and these will get returned in a following patch) or whether this was intended. New boffs come with powers, so I dont understand how these old ones dont have any.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
Post edited by jackal1701apw on

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If this is working like it did on Tribble, they do still have the abilities, the tooltips just aren't showing them. It'd be nice if they could fix up old boff candidates for us at some point, hard to keep track of who had what.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So they do still have their powers?

I cannot see them (~even when moved to the roster)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They do still have their abilities, if you Commission one you should see them.

That being said, if you bought them for training purposes you're SOL since by the time you commission them to see what their skills are, you can't use those skills for training (or trading) anymore...
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    If you right-click the Boff, and select Move to Candidate Roster that will put it into your Bridge Officer Candidates list without commissioning it. Then you can go to Stations and click the Show button at the bottom of the window to see all you candidates. If the mouse-over doesn't show the powers, you can right-click and select Create Manual to see the Boffs powers. Just cancel out if you don't want to make the Boff into a training manual.

If it still shows no powers, then let me know the name@handle on the character along with which Boff's are affected.
    STO QA Team
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    If you right-click the Boff, and select Move to Candidate Roster that will put it into your Bridge Officer Candidates list without commissioning it. Then you can go to Stations and click the Show button at the bottom of the window to see all you candidates. If the mouse-over doesn't show the powers, you can right-click and select Create Manual to see the Boffs powers. Just cancel out if you don't want to make the Boff into a training manual.

If it still shows no powers, then let me know the name@handle on the character along with which Boff's are affected.

Thanks for this tip. I wasn't sure if you could back out of the create manual option.

On the same note though, any chance you guys could fix the boffs to just show their skills again? I'm trying to find a specific skill just now and the exchange is flooded with boffs not showing any skills. I don't really want to buy them all just to see if they have the one I'm looking for or not.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for this tip. I wasn't sure if you could back out of the create manual option.

On the same note though, any chance you guys could fix the boffs to just show their skills again? I'm trying to find a specific skill just now and the exchange is flooded with boffs not showing any skills. I don't really want to buy them all just to see if they have the one I'm looking for or not.

I have verified and reported this as a bug.
    STO QA Team
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

Thank you, much appreciated! :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2015

And why you didn't verified it when it was reported (in official thread) while new BOff system was still tested on tribble? It's another bug which shouldn't leave test server. But no you had to publish another unfinished and bugged system instead postpone it and use extra time to finish it and than give us something that is complete and works fine.