test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's fix the most annoying thing in STO - Sector Space

13»

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I've been told to put the lid back on this. Keep an eye out for the Dev Blog, which will go over all of this in more detail.

(which is a ways out, since I haven't actually written it yet.)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Sorry, I've been told to put the lid back on this. Keep an eye out for the Dev Blog, which will go over all of this in more detail.

(which is a ways out, since I haven't actually written it yet.)
    No worries. We can wait. :)
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    It's not a bad change, it's potentially a very good change. Plus it's only a minor reveal so I think people should keep their pants on before they start spraying wildly without knowing which way the wind is blowing.

Given Cryptics track record it's nothing short of an announcement of what will be broken next. Sorry but that's just being honest and realistic.

Respect Taco for coming here and giving some info to players despite my sarcastic OP.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Why do some people even play this game, if they are so jaded by it, that they feel the need to attack a positive change with cynical passive-aggressive sarcasm?

Cause we all know they will bring a bugged Version of that vison to holodeck - nice plan but they are not able to fix even the loadout things - so they try a different Thing to break that was not broken before.

It will take u 2 hours to reach your Destination - pay 18k dili to be there now.

But i guess they will require LOBI - dili is too easy to get.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If we had sector space that was.. 3D and stuff, that would be cool
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually don't think travel will be made more difficult. My fear has always been the opposite - that sector space will go away entirely. Now with a revamp planned that appears not to do this - it seems sector space is here to stay - so that's one thing that pleases me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Why do some people even play this game, if they are so jaded by it, that they feel the need to attack a positive change with cynical passive-aggressive sarcasm?

Sometimes, a bit of sarcasm is deserved. Like how the dev team can manage to put out a fix for something that is in our favor (full auto weapons bug, vaadwaur box weapons bug) but cannot seem to fix a wide variety of bugs that are game breaking (omega particle game, significant # of players with crashes, dyson ship bug, .... and so many more).

Here, we have a totally meaningless "fix" to a nonexistent problem. Yes, its a little stupid to have a non-zone between "space" and the planet you are currently trying to interact with, but we have managed to deal with it for 5 years now. There are other, much more pressing bugs and issues. I mean, I am sitting here cash in hand ... and still waiting on my t6 ships for my characters. Ive even rolled a stupid fed just so I can have a ship ... because they managed to break the only sci ship I have on my main character (rom sci in DSD) right as I was getting ready, and excited about, having a pure sci build.

I don't hate the game, but there are times when the dev team seems to have a priority STACK instead of a priority QUEUE for when to implement fixes and new content. That is, the highest priority stuff goes in first and comes out last, if you are not up on the two concepts. In a queue, the priority stuff comes out first.