test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Science Destroyer Bridge Officer Abilities Won't Populate

teren1teren1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So, after waiting essentially a year (military = deployment), 5th anniversary comes around, and I FINALLY amass the Qmendations to complete the acquisition of the Dyson Science Destroyer. Got the ship, load the crew, launch to space...and...

In science mode, the bridge officer ability bar shows (in science mode) the commander-level officer as having 5, say again FIVE ability slots, and will not populate the commander-level ability. Okay, I try to shift to tactical mode...

...And the same thing happens! Every other station is populated correctly, but now the TACTICAL Commander officer shows five ability slots, but only registers skills up to lieutenant commander.

Was REALLY looking forward to being able to work with this ship, and am very disappointed. Any solutions?
Post edited by teren1 on

Comments

• janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Interesting.

I just swapped into my Dyson (zen store, 3 piece, T5-U) version and have the same issue.

With other ships, I have had the issue where a Cmdr-level station will change to a 5-skill with only 3 skills showing. In these instances, I have been able to clear it by clearing the boff from the station, then reseating them.

I tried this workaround in the Dyson, and it doesn't work. I also tried clearing the whole bridge crew, and it still didn't work. In fact, the problem spread to the Cmdr-level sci as well as the Cmdr-level tac.

Sorry I can't be of help, but it's definitely another example of how the new boff system's a major disaster.
  • alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My Romulan Dyson Recon Science Destroyer just game me the same problem. I couldn't find a workaround.
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup! Dyson Sci Destroyers are broken. Commander level abilities for the Science commander nor the Tactical Commander ability (when in tac mode) are available for use. A prompt fix would be nice. Thanks.
  • sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is happening with ALL DSDs, Z-store or not. Resetting abilities, unseating officers, etc. does not fix it.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
    A thread was already started, but the issue is kinda being ignored right now.
    Thank god that I have the Sarr Theln, otherwise I'd be shipless.
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same problem here!

Bye bye / Qapl
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if it shows more slots than it should (sometimes it might be hard to notice when the seat has less than 4, sometimes it'll be the same amount as it should be, but the slots will be invalid), there's a way to fix it. go to stations tab, click each station, enable change abilities and press reset.

pressing reset should reset the seat to normal, remove excessive bugged seats and may fix the bug.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    if it shows more slots than it should (sometimes it might be hard to notice when the seat has less than 4, sometimes it'll be the same amount as it should be, but the slots will be invalid), there's a way to fix it. go to stations tab, click each station, enable change abilities and press reset.

pressing reset should reset the seat to normal, remove excessive bugged seats and may fix the bug.

Same problem here, Just tried what you proposed, doesn't work
  • sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »

That doesn't work. We've all tried using different BOFFs, different abilities, resets, etc. NOTHING works.
  • magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem as everyone else, 5 boxes/skills showing for Commander Science bridge officer and only thee will fill in/be allowed to use, no amount of changing or resetting will fix the issue!!!!
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem here.

The real "prize" for the 5th anniversary seems to be a host of bugs to take our minds off the grind.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    frost says it's verified in this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1359781
  • scopey1scopey1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Iam having the same issue. I just spent 600 Lobi on a ship that is Broken Please fix this. There is no commander Tactical and no commander Science abilities I try to rest the abilities and nothing is working. :mad::mad::mad:
  • anterresthethirdanterresthethird Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup to that totally broken. Tactical Mode is Broken. It'll sit in space dock until this is fixed!
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    One of my favorite ships is broke. Please fix asap. While you are fixing my favorite things please fix the omega ground set ultra rare mods, shield and carbine do not get any mods. Back to the dysons, please fix more faster!
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everything working as intended.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't be of help, but it's definitely another example of how the new boff system's a major disaster.

Wut? The new boff system is sublime. No one needs to suffer any longer to boff bloat. The new system works perfectly for me. I have five boffs who are trained in all the skills I need for any ship in my docks.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just a question to the devs - would posting bugs help get this proritized? I love the Dyson look, but they're a tiny bit crippled.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!