test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

boff with 5 power slots

rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/36362165458720281/B891E14AB3E9E264660FF609F7B6C7E9DF2818D2/

I can't use any slotted powers in the commander slot and I cant put any power in the extra station.

How I got this. I had TBR3 as a commander power. I made a FBP3 PADD and trained my boff with it. After that I could not change from TBR3 to FBP3 so I went to sector space and back to the dyson sphere. I then was able to change my power but then I got what's in the screen shot. I'll try switching ships to see if this is just a DSD problem.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I tested other ships. It's just my romulan tac DSD t5u that's bugged. Upon switching boffs I can now slot and activate all 5 powers, even the extra slot which can use an ensign power.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My Fed Dyson Science Recon Destroyer is also bugged. In Science mode, it still shows the tactical command power... grayed out, and it shows 5 squares on the bar of my commander science station, but it is only functional up to Lt Cmdr, and the Commander square is blank as well as the 5th square. I have tried swapping Commander science Boffs, and some with no desired Commander powers do show 4 full slots, but when I rain with desired powers, the Commander slot no longer shows on the bar. This is a hot bar problem.

---- later----

Went in Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced, and in battle, the Commander Tactical failed, and that square also went blank. So now my Dyson Science Recon has no functional Commander seating.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if you want a quick way to fix this, click the boff, then select change abilities and press reset. that'll fix the problem and all powers will be slottable in the right slots rather than things going to wrong slots or appearing as empty.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    if you want a quick way to fix this, click the boff, then select change abilities and press reset. that'll fix the problem and all powers will be slottable in the right slots rather than things going to wrong slots or appearing as empty.

I know what you're saying, but this is a different problem that seems to be specific to the DSD. Check the picture in the first post and look at the commander science station.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it's related. pressing reset will remove those extra slots and restore it back to normal.

i had 6 slots on one ship, 3 were locked out.

until you click reset to reset that seat or cryptic fixes it, i guess have fun with more powers than normal if you can slot anything there.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah, that was the first thing I tried on my Fed Dyson and my Romulan Z-Store DSSD. Still showing an extra fifth ability slot in Tac or Sci depending on mode, only showing the first three powers.

Tried reslotting the boffs and even dismissed and re-acquired the Romulan Dyson ship to see if that helped, no change.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Can I get name@handles for the affected characters please?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just got the same issue. Changed the boff slot into "none" then back to the toon and it reset back to the pathetic "default" skills that boff came with (seriously, you held onto that data? Why?). Well done Cryptic.

Only in STO could 4+1=3
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Absolutely. Tirava@irm1963 and Vos@irm1963 for me, thanks.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also seem to have a weird issue with my ship.

When I have no bridge officers on it it looks like I have 2 commander bridge officer slots.
    http://i.imgur.com/zGyKU5L.png

It seems to be an issue with the lt cmder slot as it appears normal when I slot it.
    http://i.imgur.com/0ykOLyn.png

When I move it back and forth I seem to have a residual effect. I can click on the ghost image and it activates on the proper officer but the icon does not go into a cooldown state.
    http://i.imgur.com/xqThCRI.png
    http://i.imgur.com/W5aDrIJ.png

I can click on them and it triggers the officer on the actual station. If I unslot them the icons remain until I hover over them.
    http://i.imgur.com/yD3O3W2.png

If I slot both officers it seems to be ok though
    http://i.imgur.com/qYPUqsC.png

Rob@Rob_mc_1
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The issue is on The Doctor@Rickpa. Federation Dyson Science Destroyer, Recon. T5U

I am afraid that science officer, Amy Pond, is not being amazing. Nor is Vulcan science officer, K'Lara, (aka Not Logically Possible Girl) who is apparently being foiled by The Great Intelligence. :(
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    edited January 2015

Vahel@RMY1081

Thanks!!
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also having this issue with M'aiq@HF_Mudd , only on his Fed Dyson (the free one). M'Row, his science officer, can reset all of her other abilities, but cannot change her Commander ability from (default/original) Photonic Shockwave to Gravity Well, nor get either of those to show up on the action bar - there are five slots there, the last two blank.
    Works fine on his Breen carrier, if that helps at all.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dyson Tactical Science Destroyer T-5u (KDF) and Dyson Science Destroyer T-5U (KDF) both show a 5th slot for Commander Science and Gravity Well 3 (or I assume any other commander power) cannot be slotted into the tray. I didn't test the Fed ones. I don't want to break more ships.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    This issue has been verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It also messes with the alternating BOFF powers for the default and tactical modes of my Dyson Science Destroyer.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, hopefully they're getting this sorted out. It is definitely an issue with the Dyson Science Destroyers (all variants, it seems) and is a glitch with the Commander seats. Those seats are the ones that swap out to Lt. Cmdr. seats when you change modes (Science/Tactical), so I assume that it's related to those mechanics somehow.

I have this problem on this character: Aurelia@Ayradyss

The actual BOff abilities seem to be fine, when you look at them in the Stations listing. Definitely seems to be a glitch in the DSD 'morphing' Commander seats.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having the glitch with the C-Store Dyson surveillance destroyer (T5-U) as well. My science commander ability, Gravity Well III, is functioning absolutely fine in science mode. The second I go to tactical mode, my tactical BOFF gains 5 slots, and loses her Cannon Spread Volley III in her commander slot on the screen, but when I go into her skill list, I can switch between it and Attack Pattern Omega II with no problem; however, neither ability shows up in the in-game ability slot during a fight. The fifth slot is blank as well. Here are the photos I took.
    http://postimg.org/gallery/1plv5lwbk/a1abc2b9/
    My in-game handle is Len@sylveonsenpai
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Only in STO could 4+1=3

You got 3? How? Every time I try it I get 4+1=4, 4+1=6, 4+1=2, and 4+1=0
  • Options
    bgdexbgdex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Add me to the list :(

Rinar@Dexter83

PS: Since the update I am unable to equip antiproton dual cannons an the same ship. Is it a bug or am I supposed to use the heavy variance? 2 of them are still installed.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am also having a similar issue....My Grav Well II shows it's slotted in the commander science slot, but it's not available in the power tray or the abilities list. Yet Viral Matrix II works just fine.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dragnridr05/screenshot_2015-01-31-09-22-20_zpssihptwyz.jpg

So to test if it was the ship, I tried the same EXACT thing on the Sarr Theln carrier, But this time Grav Well II works as intended:

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dragnridr05/screenshot_2015-01-31-09-28-09_zpsrnomw51q.jpg

So go ahead and add mine to the list:
    Elita@dragnridr
  • Options
    gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually had this happen to my sarr theln as well, but by unslotting the boffs saving fit and reslotting them it went back to normal. I dont know if this bit of info will help or not...

I tried to do the same thing on dyson ships (reslot each boff and skills) to get them funtional but it didnt "go back to normal" like the sarr theln did.. i wish i woulda grabbed a screen shot to show the 5 slot issue happened on something other than my dyson ships.

Hopefully they find this quick, alot of us spent the first day of the fith anniversary trying to fix or unbug our 4th anniversary ship.

I just logged in and swapped between storyline/reputation/esd bought boffs and the command slot is still greyed out on all 3, and theres still 5 slots total if that helps...
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel I should throw my two cents in here... these abilities were working before... at least a few weeks ago. I can't verify when it stopped though. I finished getting the master unlocks on the ones I had and switched ships. decided I want to go back to one for a while and now they are not working right.
    This is sad...
  • Options
    nychusnychus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same issue for my Dyson destroyers here, I know it was fine after the initial release of the Anniversary event as I did my first run of Dust to Dust and it was working then. Only noticed it was wonky in Crack in the Mirror today after I jumped back to my main to run the daily as the alt I was doing it with doesn't have access to the mission.
  • Options
    teren1teren1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teren@cresen1 for me.
  • Options
    eliwood443eliwood443 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sovala@eliwood44445 here.
  • Options
    sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel I should throw my two cents in here... these abilities were working before... at least a few weeks ago. I can't verify when it stopped though. I finished getting the master unlocks on the ones I had and switched ships. decided I want to go back to one for a while and now they are not working right.
    This is sad...
    Mine stopped the day that the new mission "Dust to Dust" was released.
  • Options
    senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Senseiark@senseiark

Also, hot bar ability visuals seem to lagg a bit, or is it just me?

ex. I press engineering team I, the cool down timer seems to wait about a second and then it starts to count down

This seems to happen with all other hot bar cooldown visuals
  • Options
    filemonafilemona Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Dyson Science Destroyer bug with 5 slots appearing on boff I put more emphasis on (Sci/Tac), last two being empty and non-fillable, thus making the Cmdr ability useless also appears in my Dyson. Tharal@fereldenvstamriel is the char with it.
    Also, even though the FPS drops far less when activating any pop-up window while in combat (like the status or doff windows), the tray itself is now choppy, with those nice animations gone. But I guess you know that already.
    @fereldenvstamriel: Tharal (Fed tac lvl 50), Fileippo (Rom-fed sci, lvl 21)
  • Options
    millievanillie85millievanillie85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem here: the commander rank science ability on my Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer shows up as available (and slottable with a BOFF commander rank power) in the Space Station section, but in the HUD this ability does not show. In my case meaning I can't use my lovely Memu's Tyken's Rift III. I guess somebody at Cryptic forgot to make the ability available when Tactical Mode is inactive?

I'd really love a fix, since I feel far less like playing now.