Comments

• swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have 3 words to add:

useless ****ing idiots...

... amen ...
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What PvPers? With what's been done with Intel powers; PvP is non-existent except for a few hardcore groups that still do some private matches. The public PvP queues have been EMPTY (oh, sorry - I mean the 'reporting bug' that Geko talks about in recent interviews); and there is no public PvP in STO to speak of atm.

I WANT to PVP. But for at least the past year I que up and wait and nothing happens. Maybe after an hour I'll get that same tired map, teams are hopelessly unbalanced and the win condition happens real quick and its over. But 99% of the time I don't actually get a match before logging off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I WANT to PVP. But for at least the past year I que up and wait and nothing happens. Maybe after an hour I'll get that same tired map, teams are hopelessly unbalanced and the win condition happens real quick and its over. But 99% of the time I don't actually get a match before logging off.

One of the big problems with PvP is every change to the game is seen as a slight to them. Look at the thread for the new command spec's powers, it didn't even make it through the first page before someone tried to turn it into an "you really must hate PvPers" thread - so quickly that there was no way they could have actually tested any of it. Many of the vocal PvPers in the forums are not happy with anything that changes their chosen "point my ship at the enemy and do a lot of DPS - I don't want to think about anything else" game philosophy. They also try to say that pretty much every ship put out is going to break the game; just go back and look at every announcement thread, you're going to find that comment in almost every one. The Risian Corvette was an especially big one for complaints, and how often did you ever see one after the first month?

If the attitude of vocal PvP players is that anything that they put in to add a little more depth or variety to the game is just going to be bad-mouthed before they even try it, the devs aren't going to pay much attention to them, and certainly aren't going to waste time building content to try and please them after it's clear that they can't/won't be pleased by anything. That leads to fewer PvPers, and a downward spiral.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jaturnley wrote: »
    One of the big problems with PvP is every change to the game is seen as a slight to them. Look at the thread for the new command spec's powers, it didn't even make it through the first page before someone tried to turn it into an "you really must hate PvPers" thread - so quickly that there was no way they could have actually tested any of it. Many of the vocal PvPers in the forums are not happy with anything that changes their chosen "point my ship at the enemy and do a lot of DPS - I don't want to think about anything else" game philosophy. They also try to say that pretty much every ship put out is going to break the game; just go back and look at every announcement thread, you're going to find that comment in almost every one. The Risian Corvette was an especially big one for complaints, and how often did you ever see one after the first month?

If the attitude of vocal PvP players is that anything that they put in to add a little more depth or variety to the game is just going to be bad-mouthed before they even try it, the devs aren't going to pay much attention to them, and certainly aren't going to waste time building content to try and please them after it's clear that they can't/won't be pleased by anything. That leads to fewer PvPers, and a downward spiral.

could also be the fact there are the same few maps that have been around since Beta and aren't particulary fun. Or if the map is decent the winning criteria is so fast its hardly worth the wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thraxist wrote: »
    I get the fealing that the owner of the company has said as long as their are players active playing the game that it would stay online, however it really looks like someone wants the game to completely fail.

There's a much less painful/faster way to do this: "leak" the server code so that others can set up their own free servers and run the game that way. Hell, my roommate has a server he's not even using since his original plans for it were scrapped.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    jaturnley wrote: »

The problem is, most of the stuff that they add and is pretty pointless for PvE ends up being exploited to extremes in PvP. Nobody needs placate effects in PvE, but they insist on adding them. Shield bypassing and weapons fire reflection has also reached ridiculous heights if you know how to max those.

Worst part, early last year BO got adjusted because:
    "There shouldn't be one shot kills in STO"

Seems they quickly forgot about that.
  • dreymor0dreymor0 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PWE's STO is starting to look more and more like the Titanic and this little update might just be the ice burg.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.47.20150112a.6.

New Feature:

Foundry Top 3
    • The Foundry Top 3 System is a new way for players to access Foundry missions in sector space.
    • When at a point in Sector Space, up to 3 Foundry missions can be started from an interact, such as a system, if Foundry missions were created for that particular system.
      • Players will not see any missions not qualified for.
      • Missions that need review will also not be available.
    • Currently, only Foundry missions that start at an interact in Sector Space will be used in the Top 3 System, not missions which start on a ground map.
    • For more details, please visit the Foundry Top 3 blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9062663-foundry-top-three-system

I am sorry to say this doesn't seem to be working, I have made sure I am eligible for the foundry missions (I think a Vice Admiral [52] is eligible!) and have tried flying up to every star in the Sirius sector block and the Beta Urse sector block and haven't got one foundry mission to show.

I know it's not for a lack of missions as the first spotlight mission starts at Andoria and can be selected via the usual Foundry mission select, something else to look into :(

As for the episode revamps I can confirm they all seem to be working now and the 'Taris' episode now does not crash to desktop like the last time i tried to play it.

And as for the queue 'revamp' I must say that I am also very disappointed with this, since the last round of queue 'revamps' a lot of my fleet have stopped playing the queue's and some have stopped playing altogether, and I fail to see that this latest round of 'revamps' will do anything to reverse this and will in all honesty drive even more players away.

It may be for the best if these queue changes die a quite death on Tribble and never get raised onto Holdeck.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This is how I feel about it. The only reason Fleet Alert is so popular is because it isn't dependant on anything else other than DPS.

Fleet Blockade is fun, but success is measured by Freighters saved. Too many people who PUG the mission do not know or do not care. Thus, the people who know what to do there? They don't even bother queueing for it. They know how clueless the people are.

Starbase Incursion? First of all it's ground content so it's less likely to be played over all, regardless of what the mission actually consists of. I love ground combat, but I'm not going to pretend the equality between participation with ground and space is anywhere close to balanced.

Second of all, the payout for it is dismal enough as it is. The time spent in Starbase Incursion could be better spent getting better rewards elsewhere.

Fleet Alert is easy fleet marks. That's it. It requires little thought. Panders to the DPS meta. And has enough participants who similarly do not need to think or do much other than create a lot of big numbers.

Nerfing the payout for Fleet Alert is a short-sighted decision, in my opinion. It doesn't address why it's popular. It doesn't address why people feel like they're painted into a particular corner for meaningful rewards.

I've said this several times, and I feel obligated to say it again.

People want to make the most out of the limited playing time they have. If they want Fleet Marks, they will grind Fleet Alert. If they want Expertise/Skill Points they will grind Argala. If they want whatever reputation currency, they will pick the easiest mission that requires the least amount of thought and skill, and is populated by like-minded players who do not need to think or use skill and still have a reasonably high chance for success.

If you nerf the rewards without offering something in return, you encourage less participation.

People are already limited to joining 3 missions at a time. People who are casual will just pick the three most popular events there are.

If you want my constructive solution?

A: Remove the queue limit. Queue for as many missions as you want. This has the immediate short-term effect of making the queues look way more populated, which can bait other players into queueing for them since they actually see players in them and think it might actually pop for them.

B: Remove or reduce the timer between events. With more people able to queue for a mission they actually enjoy doing, this means it will pop more often.

C: Remove the timer entirely for failed events, but also remove any failure rewards entirely. This incentivizes people into doing the Advanced and Elite queues more often. I have little interest in doing Elite missions because the chance of failure is so high, but also because it puts me on a 30 minute cooldown regardless of whether I fail or succeed. I will make the smart gamble and simply get less reward for a higher likelihood of success from the PUG members in the queue.

Remove the timer if you fail, and more people will be willing to try it out and learn from their mistakes, instead of playing it safe. The 30 minute penalty is too harsh for people on limited time.

D: Just give us 4 super-buffed AI friendlies to let us solo queues content. I trust Cryptic's AI more than I trust some of these players I run into. At least AI has 0 chance of being an AFKer or Leecher. Similarly, just give us 16 AI NPCs for 20-man content.

E: Remove the timers for 20-man content entirely. This is pretty self-explanatory. One reason Mine Trap was so popular is because there was no cooldown for that mission. I thought that was intentional -- but it turns out it wasn't.

The odds of finding 19 other people at the same time willing to do a 20-man event is hard enough as it is. If someone just got finished with a 20-man, they may be willing to go at it again. But those 19 other people will have to wait 30 minutes. Incentivize 20-man events as being lucrative by removing their timers to allow more players the opportunity to participate.

F: Make queues as lucrative as Argala in terms of Skill Point and Expertise gain.

These are all good ideas.

Almost any Star Trek race's philosophies would show the path they should take. A logical path. A compassionate path. The path that leads to most profit. Honor the warriors that fight by your side.

Even a celebratory C-Store giveaway doesn't lift the pale from this one.

With the Winter event done, I've begun working my alts through Delta Rising now. Having worked out a way to make the Patrol missions functional without dropping all my settings down to nothing (whatever happened to the half settings button?) and with the stupidly huge HP gone (not to mention a four level headstart courtesy of the xp from the Mirror Invasion event) it's actually been quite enjoyable. I didn't have to grind a single level to get through Kobali Prime and it was a LOT of fun. But I still have accolades to get on my characters for the Borg STFs, I still have gear to buy, I still have many upgrades to make.

I need more marks, I need more dilithium, I need more R&D materials these things should be everywhere, not restricted to the sphere or the Delta Quadrant or the Advanced and Elite queues.

I don't understand why the rewards for something like Crystalline Entity Advanced which had perfectly acceptable rewards last year, those rewards aren't acceptable this year...when there's FAR MORE to spend said rewards on. A game economy shouldn't reflect a real world economy where you're paid less, to buy the same stuff for more. Primarily because that's terrible economics be it virtual or not.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I thought about this long and har this evening, and I came to a very interesting conclusion.

Cryptic is relying on their "metrics" to tell them what direction to go in, and are largely ignoring helpful, thoughtful, well-made and CIVIL feedback, right?

There's another comapny who did that, and their product ended up an EPIC failure.

The company? Microsoft. The product? Windows 8.

Microsoft ignored their Technet boards when people said, "That's a HUGE mistake. Please reverse course before you release it." The result is that INDEPENDENT metrics showed that Windows 8 could only *squeak* past 10% usage. It was so bad, that not even Microsoft's own boasting about their sales could reverse the trend. It cost PC makers big time. They had to end up selling Windows 7 PC's again, because hardly anyone would buy Windows 8 PC's (those that did thought they didn't have any other options).

Kepp in mind that Windows 8 usage was worse than Vista's usage by the time Windows 7 came out.

I write this as a warning to Cryptic: If you want to put your fingers in your ears and BS that you know better than us and act like elitist snobs (calling people stupid OVERTLY is elitist, btw, Geko!) If you're really dead set on ignoring the forums, bug reports and feedback, you do so at your own financial peril.

For the Record: Even though it's only a beta, Windows 10 is light years better than Windows 8 BECAUSE of user feedback!
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At this point I only come here to laugh ... CC is one of 3 PVE Queue still popping, and they're nerfing it ... hilarious ... what's the ulimate Goal here ... :

One Queue to rule them all, One Queue to find them,
    One Queue to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

PS : I'm in a conference call with Captain Obvious & Nostradamus right now, and they told me what's gonna happen to CC's playability ... the next dead Queue ...
    The XP nerf was a really stupid move, because there isn't enough new content to justify doing so to the old. Now, with the nerf in rewards to the PvE queues, they'll be deader than they are now. There are 3 dailies for fleet marks: The Big Dig, Klingon Scout Force, and Gorn Minefield. Big Dig and Klingon Scout Force are DEAD, and this nerf will kill off Gorn Minefield. It's become increasingly hard to get enough people to queue, even for Gorn. I can't do a private queue with my fleet because THEY ALL LEFT THIS GAME BECAUSE IT GOT TOO GRINDY AND BORING!

Serioulsy, who is making these STUPID decisions and why?!

You forget Mine Trap. Thats even a dead map. nobody plays that anymore!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to agree with people here. Lowering the rewards, when a lot of people aren't even playing now, is not exactly a good move. There needs to be some sort of way, to upper the endgame content (STF's & queues), which only gain very little XP, especially as far as ground missions go. Before, it was unnecessary for this endgame content to generate much XP, because there was no need for XP once we reached level 50. Now, with the Specialization trees & spec points, everyone needs XP again. It's extremely painful to gain XP, especially if you want to focus on the areas of game you enjoy. I simply don't want to grind Argala...

STF's are timegated by 1 hour; other queues by 30 minutes. That alone is not helpful - and you get timegated in an event you fail the mission as well. The current issue is - we aren't rewarded for *playing* the game, we are in fact, timegated at each corner, whenever we want to even play the game. The least you guys could do, is to reduce the STF cooldown to 30 minutes as well - That way, there's some sort of unification with the rest of queues; as well as less waiting for those, who enjoy the old STF's.

To illustrate the absurdity of the current inbalance in endgame rewards - We'd have to run STF over 20++ times to gain one spec point. Given the cooldowns/timegates... make the math yourselves. If it was just playing the game, then it'd surely be better, but when we are forced out to wait... then something is wrong in the very core principle of the game. People should be able to play the missions/STF's as much as they want, the ones they want, for reasonable rewards, which make them feel like 'I had fun, got significantly rewarded, let's do this again'. Unfortunately, I don't feel that's the case now.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My perfect STF system would be something like:

• No cooldown for failing
    • 15 min cooldown for completion (we need cooldown so people don't stay 24/7 in the same queue), not shared with other queues of the same name.
    • Timers removed, new ways to fail the mission added.
    • Removed special reputation items (BNP, voth implants, etc.) from the game, or at least form projects so they can still be converted to dilithium.
    • Ability (and a button) to join all queues at the same time, and a button to leave all queues.
    • Tick box that allows you to remain queued after joining and playing any STF, so once you leave you don't need to select your queues again.
    • Extra rewards based on average completion time and number of players needed.
    • In-game play-through guides you can check before joining an STF.
    • Ability to write a guide and rate other people's guides.
    • All queues reward fleet marks as an option.

Normal rewards:

• 50 marks (with no optionals completed).
    • 5000 EC.
    • 500 dilithium.
    • 10000 Skll points & expertise.
    • 1 Very rare item for best player, 1 Rare item for 2nd and 3rd player.

Advanced rewards:

• 100 Marks (with no optionals completed).
    • 10000 EC
    • 1000 dilithium
    • 15000 skill points & expertise
    • 2 very rare items for the best player, 1 very rare for the 2nd and 3rd.

Elite rewards:

• 150 marks (with no optionals completed).
    • Able to choose among any kind of marks.
    • Able to choose among any kind of Elite R&D material package.
    • 25000 EC
    • 2000 Dilithium
    • 25000 Skill points & expertise
    • 1 Ultra rare item for the best player, 2 very rare for the second, 1 for the 3rd.
    edited January 2015
    I posted this in the main response thread for these changes.

On the subject of the Advanced and Elite fail situation, I think these need a revamp of the revamp. I think Elite should have the harder fail conditions as it is elite. Advanced however needs something smoother. I also think the failure conditions need to be imminently logical.
    • Cure Space: Cure Space has a very clean, elegant, and most importantly SELF EVIDENT failure condition. The Kang must survive. If the Kang is destroyed, GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! When I first started playing that mission poor tactics meant that the blasted super Borg Raptors would swarm and there would be no way to save yourself let alone the Kang. People who were used to running with extreme DPS would get ticked if they were in a lower DPS team calling us noobs when they threw strategy to the wind and simply steamrolled with their high DPS. But since they couldn't be everywhere at once the Kang would be destroyed. Sticking to the plan should be rewarded. There shouldn't be a timer as long as the Kang survives. The optional that rewarded the bonus marks was keep the Kang's health above 75% that's perfect. That implies that not only did you save the ship, but you prevented casualties on the ship. If the timer runs out something else should happen. Like the Assimilated Carrier decloaks and attacks the Kang directly.
    • Infected Space: Infected is different. You're staving off an invasion by shutting down the conduit that way you can rescue the people on the Starbase. The Bonus Marks should be preventing the Borg from healing the generators, that makes perfect sense, if you're trying to run it as smooth and fast as possible that's a necessity. The 15 minute timer should be to stop them from bringing in reinforcements. So if you DON'T destroy the gate in fifteen minutes, you should get ANOTHER Tactical Cube to deal with, and maybe another one every five minutes. This is consistent with current player tactics because in a couple of years of running the mission people almost always target the gate before the cube.
    • Khitomer Space: In this scenario we're stopping a Temporal Invasion to the past...directly related to the very invasion that kicks off the game itself. We have to destroy two transwarp conduits and stave off a steady stream of Borg Probes heading to the past. Letting ten probes get through is a perfect failure condition for the mission as a whole. Like Cure above, I think the fifteen minute timer should be until Donatra gets there and starts assaulting you preventing you from doing the work of the mission.

Rather than auto failing us for not accomplishing an optional objective, I think a better idea would be for things to get WORSE for not having finished the mission already. In Infected The Conduit if you let the generators get healed things get worse for you as the stream of spheres coming to attack and repair hinder you from finishing the mission.

However this doesn't mitigate the problem of DPS being the primary motivating factor in how the game is played. So there needs to be additional optionals to changed up, so that everyone can be useful.
    • Like for Cure Space, Engineers should be able to beam demolition teams over to the shipyards to temporarily stop the stream of ships coming out to buy the team more time. Science should be able to team fortress the Kang's shields so it becomes impervious to bleed through.
    • Infected Space, would allow Science ships to jam the transwarp conduit so nothing can come through or let Engineers mine the conduit's entrance.
    • Khitomer Space is actually fairly good in that regard as everyone already has something that they can do generally well. Unless you want Science officers to be able to reroute the conduits so that some of the probes end up emerging back in the present thus keeping you from losing the optional and the objective, or allow Engineers to temporarily shut down the temporal portal.

Just some ideas, but you get the gist. I listed these three because everyone knows the Space STFs and they're relatively straightforward to tweak.

Don't kick us out of the mission because of a failed objective though, it's not like a Starfleet Officer to give up so easily. Unless the battle is actually over, let us finish the fight.

I don't know why but I always felt like Old Normal was kind of training mode and Old Elite was the real version, since it's the Borg and the real version is the more dangerous.

Now it's like Normal is training, Advanced is Real, and Elite is hard mode. But not having the BNPs in the normal just made sense to me. You can get the marks from training but not the actual Borg technology.

^Energy Credits and Experience rewards definitely need to be added. And STFs need to provide the largest experience reward of everything except for the big story arc ending blow off grand finale episodes like Defense of New Romulus, or Feature Episodes.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited January 2015
    On the relevant troubleshooting, I'm running a native tribble character through.

In the mission Assimilation (Borg Advance) on the portion where you're recovering information on the Undine from the data nodes, in the southeast corner of the room is a box. I mean that literally there is a place holder environment box, with box written on it.

Was there a reduction in the effectiveness of the basic replicated frequency remodulator? I noticed that the Borg were adapting to my shots much more quickly. Now the weapons I was using were a split beam and a pulsewave, and I was trying to nail as many with each shot. Is hitting multiple targets counting against the shots fired before we have to remodulate?

Is anyone else noticing a disconnect between pressing buttons to initiate the power, the power actually activating, and the icon registering that the power has activated? I've seen that on tribble for the past couple of weeks. And not just the same normally absurd delay when you press a button then the power activates (or doesn't) I mean there's a two maybe three second delay. The power activates but the icon in the tray has a lag before it registers. I look at the tray more than my character to see if the powers went off so it's noticeable. This isn't happening on Holodeck and I'd like to keep it that if possible.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Fleet Alert rewards down from 59 to 46 fleet marks ... that's sad. It was already difficult to find a PUG to do a fleet alert (KDF nearly impossible, FED long waiting times). Now even "Colony Invasion" gives more fleet marks (about 55 or 56 I think if all optionals are done).

However, I do like the positive changes (dilithium and time decreasing on crafting etc).

EDIT: Captain D3, excellent STF improvement suggestions! That would help getting more sci and eng into the battle without top nutch DPS.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited January 2015
    Fleet Alert rewards down from 59 to 46 fleet marks ... that's sad. It was already difficult to find a PUG to do a fleet alert (KDF nearly impossible, FED long waiting times). Now even "Colony Invasion" gives more fleet marks (about 55 or 56 I think if all optionals are done).

However, I do like the positive changes (dilithium and time decreasing on crafting etc).

EDIT: Captain D3, excellent STF improvement suggestions! That would help getting more sci and eng into the battle without top nutch DPS.

THANK YOU. I was starting to wonder if anyone had even seen them. :(

I gotta say though, Klingon fleet mark queues....aside from the shuttle event I haven't been able to get one in a while. It's sad I've had to resort to just running Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced in order to get Fleet Marks Klingon side.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm .. nice to see the changes on the padds, this will make my Ferengi get alot less income .. but on the whole its abit more healthy for gameplay.

About the STF reward changes .... i can understand that SOME ppl think they are overpaying, and need work...

The problem is, a SMALL part of the games audience are very good at playing those.

Please do not confuse the STF metrics between Public & Private matches.

When 10.000 Infected or Crystals get played per day, and 7500 of those are completed in record time with full completion by a "minority" group in private matches, and from the 2500 that are played through Public of which 75% fail ... what does that tell you ??

FWIW ... we, the players, try to make the most out of our game time in the economical way, because that is what we are "DO" for in real life as well ...

Playing regular content on Advanced/Elite mode simply is not "effective" for 99.95% of the player base, since the time required versus reward simply is not in line.

I can relate that there needs to be some sort of cooldown while running matches, to spread out the gameplay more, but there are a few reasons the Public Queue's are failing , most of which have been mentioned before in this thread.

- Cooldown limiting the public queue's, especially on the ones that require alot of participants.
    - Completion Rewards ought to be in line for time required, currently they are skewed.
    - The Daily bonus boxes for reputation only, where is the Fleet marks box
    - Ground is (mostly) more difficult and takes more than space, they are undervalued in rewards.

Unless a mission is seriously bugged, or completly out of line with the story of the game, content should never be removed from the main game .... (terrordome, mirror invasion, starbase24).
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I notice this changes now...

let me tell you just one thing:

https://shevathas.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/triple-facepalm-picard-8121.jpg

scotty take me away....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I started reading this and went "What the hell are they thinking?" Its like punishing people for for playing 2 out of the 3 things that people ever queue for. Making it WORTHLESS to run them. Why grind for marks anymore? It takes forever. If it wasnt bad before the second or third or fourth (cant remember now... way to many mechanics in this game get nerfed just because they make people want to play and Im guessing Cryptic is trying to write off profit losses on their taxes?) nerf. Its going to be now.

I really have stopped playing all that much because of these nerfs. I am on just to queue DOFF missions and if my friends want to fiddle around with something. Maybe 2-3 hours solid a week. If that. I used to play 2-3 hours a day.

Stop nerfing things you dont need to. There is no point in doing this. At least any logical point. Unless you want to loose more money for Perfect World.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    birzark wrote: »
    Whats a 180 on the tribble notes, I as ACTUALLY looking forward to the anniversary a lot of nice changes and I was really going to have fun with the new Bridge Officer update but this just ruined the moment.

I totally agree with this statement. I came here looking for Anniversary event information like which ships will get the secondary deflectors and then find this steaming pile and completely ruined what was left of what I liked about Star Trek Online.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we at least get a reply from the Devs?????

Like... ok we get it, your not going to listen to us but, can you at least say something?

I don't know... maybe your reasons and ideas?

Is that to hard to do?... is it?

I'm just going to leave this here...
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are multiple bugs on Tribble right now, including several which concern the trays.

Tribble ticket #48,266: Space and ground trays do not refresh properly
    Tribble ticket #48,267: Tray overlay malfunctioning in shooter mode
    Tribble ticket #48,268: Icons not centered in space trays
    Tribble ticket #48,269: Icon for Call Trade Freighter missing on KDF characters
    Tribble ticket #48,270: Synergy Amp uses the same icon as EPS Power Transfer
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No Win Scenario is no longer available.

Why, may I ask, is NWS no longer available?
  • captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why, may I ask, is NWS no longer available?

I would also like to know, unless I missed the answer no communication on why this is being removed completely baffles me. Is it being revamped/coming back at a later time? Please don't Elachi Alert this...
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would also like to know, unless I missed the answer no communication on why this is being removed completely baffles me. Is it being revamped/coming back at a later time? Please don't Elachi Alert this...

It was stated it was to easy for some people, NWS is supposed to unbeatable, except for really rare occasions.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator