test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Melee pack weapons?

kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Amnyone know if the weapons in the melee pack can be upgraded?

They are pretty looking, but useless to me if they are stuck at MK12...
Post edited by kaiserwilly on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    As far as I know, just about everything can be upgraded.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, just about is not quite close enough to want to part with real world cash.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I think they can be upgraded, but I've heard reports from fellow fleet members that the stats are messed up on them when they're upgraded.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited January 2015
    Still no-one able to confirm this?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is this thread that claims that they are not upgradeable and it was created yesterday.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still no-one able to confirm this?

Please please don't spend real money on the melee weapons pack.

There are much much better melee weapons available on the exchange for a pittance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Please please don't spend real money on the melee weapons pack.

There are much much better melee weapons available on the exchange for a pittance.

That is assuming that players prefer substance over style. If someone likes the look of the Melee Pack weapons over other melee weapons, then who are we to judge.
    edited January 2015
    I was hoping to be able to get the benefits of the cosmetic as well as the performance.

I actually use a lirpa in borg ground STFs and it looks like I am stuck with a bland looking one if I want a mk XIV
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While they are both listed as "upgradable" the upgrade window shows no change to the stats for doing so.

They are awesome looking weapons however and I think Cryptic is dropping the ball by not making them upgradable.
    edited January 2015
    Absolutely. I would gladly pay the cash if I thought the weapon could be made useful. Melee is a lot more popular these days. With the swapable traits people can really pimp it out.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As i wrote in my own thread about this matter: They can NOT be upgraded. And because of that their stats are about the same as a rare (blue) Mk XI Dmgx2 weapon that you sometimes get as free mission reward (meaning: They are useless in any endgame or higher level content)