test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still no discount on Chel Grett after patch on January 8, 2015

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Submitted on Holodeck as ticket #3,050,063

I'm still not receiving the discount on the Breen Chel Grett Warship after the patch on January 8, 2015. I followed the instructions in the patch notes, but did not see a message saying that the discount was unlocked.

Holodeck patch notes: January 8, 2015
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1343571

Here are two screenshots showing that one of my characters owns both the Breen Chel Grett Warship and the Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider.

http://i.imgur.com/ihY7ZD0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UaagUs0.jpg

Here are screenshots of unslotted projects showing that the discount has been applied to the Plesh Brek, but not the Chel Grett. (Note that "Chel Grett" is spelled "Chell Grett" in the project title.)

http://i.imgur.com/XVa5VV8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yPhCzSd.jpg

Here are screenshots of slotted projects on another character. The project "Claim a Breen Plesh Brek Raider" requires 40 pictures of Q. The project "Claim a Breen Chell Grett Warship" still requires 1000 pictures, even though 40 pictures have already been contributed.

http://i.imgur.com/3tVIqu4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Vv8ylyA.jpg

To reproduce the bug, follow the steps below.

1. Log on to Sarine@frtoaster.
2. Go to the bank and verify that Sarine owns the Breen Chel Grett Warship.
3. Go to Q's Winter Wonderland.
4. Talk to Q.
5. Switch to another instance of Q's Winter Wonderland.
6. Beam out of Q's Winter Wonderland.
7. Press the U key.
8. Click the "Reputation" tab.
9. Click "Events" and then "Contribute".
10. Hover your mouse pointer over the picture of Q under "Requirements" in the project "Claim a Breen Chell Grett Warship".
11. Read the mouseover tooltip. It says "Requires 1,000 Autographed 8x10 Glossy Picture of Q".
12. Change characters and log on to Hero Avatar@frtoaster.
13. Repeat steps 7 through 9.
14. Notice that the project "Claim a Breen Chell Grett Warship" still requires 1000 pictures of Q, even though 40 pictures have already been contributed.
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    did you you unpack the ship?

the q fix won't become active until you unpack the ship at least once before talking to him with the character who did the unpacking and owns the ship.

it needs to be on your ships list, not in your inventory/bank, that doesn't count.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    > 2. Go to the bank and verify that Sarine owns the Breen Chel Grett Warship.

Yes, you should unpack the box and then talk to Q.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »

the q fix won't become active until you unpack the ship at least once before talking to him with the character who did the unpacking and owns the ship.

it needs to be on your ships list, not in your inventory/bank, that doesn't count.

This is where your problem lies. Your pics show it packed in you inventory therefore no discount will work.
  • mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't believe unpacking the ship is the problem.

On my Rom Tac alt I am leveling, she is only level 30 - So clearly can't unpack, however she got the Chel Grett message when I logged in and the account wide unlock happened with no problem.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    did you claim it before or after the patch?

doing it after the patch gave you the discount automatically on claiming the reward (at least it did for me), but if you did it before like the tread starter (it seems like he did from his post), then it likely won't work until he unpacks it.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    last patch fixed it for me after instance change....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gutskangutskan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    currently there is a bug...of sorts....when I gathered the 1000 pics of Q and placed them in the contribute tab to get the ship i wanted, it took only 40 pics(when you start the project and place the pics it ends in 2 sec and if you press collect reward it takes only 40 pics), so i got left with 960....this happened on 2 of my characters so far after getting the t6 ship(the carrier)...tomorrow i'll have 1000 again and i'll try to get the other ship (the raider) to see what'll happen
  • jbk2014jbk2014 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still is a 'no go' for me as well.

I claimed the Breen warship last month; opened it, used it. However, I'm still not getting the discount for the raider or the carrier....
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jbk2014 wrote: »
    Still is a 'no go' for me as well.

I claimed the Breen warship last month; opened it, used it. However, I'm still not getting the discount for the raider or the carrier....

Each ship is separate. You must get each ship type (raider, cruiser, carrier) once for 1,000 Q pics. Once you have earned a ship type, your other characters get that specific ship type for 40.

96 completed ice races and one patch later, I have all 3 on 8 characters.
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) I did not get the unlock message on all the ships
    2) I sometimes got multiple unlock messages on other ships.
    3) I did not have to unpack any of the ships.
    4) You already started that one project (40/1000), it is not magically going to change, you will prob have to drop it. You will lose 40 pics. Reslot the project and it should read 0/40. If it doesn't THEN you have a problem.
    5) Patch notes state: The text for the discounted winter project for these ships may still state the player needs 1000 autographs but the amount needed to contribute when slotted will state 40. Slot the other projects and see if they are actually 1000 or change to 40. If it stills says 1000 THEN you have a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jbk2014jbk2014 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Each ship is separate. You must get each ship type (raider, cruiser, carrier) once for 1,000 Q pics. Once you have earned a ship type, your other characters get that specific ship type for 40.

96 completed ice races and one patch later, I have all 3 on 8 characters.

Ahhhh...

Thanks.;)

(I guess I'll have to save up for the next years Winter Wonderland).
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the Raider unlocked on one of my toons and I'm using it as a hanger pet with the carrier. However, I still can not get the Raider on my other 5 toons for 40 autographs. Bummer.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For people still waiting on the discount, did you go talk to Q in Winter Wonderland? That's supposed to cause a recheck for the raider.

(I got the raider this year, and got the discount after the latest patch.)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »

> 2. Go to the bank and verify that Sarine owns the Breen Chel Grett Warship.

Yes, you should unpack the box and then talk to Q.
    decronia wrote: »
    This is where your problem lies. Your pics show it packed in you inventory therefore no discount will work.

I had suspected that not unpacking the ship was the problem, but I still consider the fix incomplete because they did not handle this case. Completing the project for the first time grants you the discount without having to unpack the ship. Therefore, any fix should be consistent with that behavior. It should not be much harder to check whether the box is in your inventory or your bank than it is to check whether the ship is in your ship roster. If they did not want to perform such a check, then they could have simply required the player to bring the box to an NPC to register it, as they have done with other items in the past. Honestly, I care more about the incompleteness of the fix than I do about getting the ship.
    penclrtist wrote: »
    4) You already started that one project (40/1000), it is not magically going to change, you will prob have to drop it. You will lose 40 pics. Reslot the project and it should read 0/40. If it doesn't THEN you have a problem.
    5) Patch notes state: The text for the discounted winter project for these ships may still state the player needs 1000 autographs but the amount needed to contribute when slotted will state 40. Slot the other projects and see if they are actually 1000 or change to 40. If it stills says 1000 THEN you have a problem.

Actually, I slotted "Claim a Breen Chell Grett Warship" and contributed the 40 pictures after the patch and following the instructions in the patch notes.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png