What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Je suis Charlie

13»

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Let's not delve into Turkish politics. There's a lot more going on there than religion, politically, at any rate. While I think Erdogan is an idiot, it's not like Turkey was a free state prior to his spiral into megalomania. Let's not forget the military coups and the overt discrimination against people openly identifying as religious. Secularism in Turkey has/had a much different meaning than it does in the states, or elsewhere.

Erdogan needs a 2x4 to the head and a sudden immersion in Arctic seawater.

Well said.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Let's not delve into Turkish politics. There's a lot more going on there than religion, politically, at any rate. While I think Erdogan is an idiot, it's not like Turkey was a free state prior to his spiral into megalomania. Let's not forget the military coups and the overt discrimination against people openly identifying as religious. Secularism in Turkey has/had a much different meaning than it does in the states, or elsewhere.
    I know it too well with regards to how they treat the Kurdish population today (and the Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians slaughtered almost 100yrs ago). But the point remains that Turkey, known for being much less restrictive and arguably the most secular Muslim country in the Middle East, is now moving away from that towards a much more controlled and intolerant society.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How did a topic about a terror attack in Paris end up in a debate about Turkish-Kurdish politics?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    How did a topic about a terror attack in Paris end up in a debate about Turkish-Kurdish politics?

It would seem the thread has been highjacked by terrorist trolls.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can't we all just take what Rodney King said to heart? "Can't we all just get along?"
    It is unfortunate that there are still many people who can't get the basic concept of coexistence wraped around their brains. After all, isn't one of the teachings of most religions "love thy neighbor?"

otisnoble wrote: »

I see what you did there.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    otisnoble wrote: »

Nah, what happened was our local brilliant sociopath, Nabreeki.

Not necessarily a bad thing. And definitely not terrorists or trolls; Nabreeki's only been a tiny bit of a jerk so far.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While what happened in Paris is horrific and I feel for the families and friends that lost loved ones in the attack, I'm going to have to shut this thread down.

While yes, some politics are being discussed now which is already against the rules, it will just go further downhill and I don't want to have to give out warnings.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.