What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me or....

Comments

• riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    atlantra wrote: »
    You guys still play this game? Wow...

Listen, I just play Smash Brothers on my Wii U now. Just pure fun. No devs %$#@ing things up, no lock boxes, it's funny, it's balanced, and Rosalina!

Nintendo = FUN. I don't have fun in STO, or with STO's 100% broken PVP/PVE. STO have past the Event Horizon AKA it's at the point of no return. Give up and find something better to do. You'll be happier, I'm happy. :)

I just stop by here just to see who's still ticking... Some of you are die hard and I respect that.

come play mechwarrior. gawsh
    edited January 2015
    naz4 wrote: »
    Apathy has definately set in. Not just in the PvP areas, but all parts of the game. It is clear to me that Cryptic got their key performance indicators wrong (Measures that show how good or bad something is)

The only thing that would kick start this game now is Star Trek Online 2.0 by a completely different outfit.

Naz got banned for this post, by the way, so watch out. Cryptic is banning for everything other than fully endorsing this expansion.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Naz got banned for this post, by the way, so watch out. Cryptic is banning for everything other than fully endorsing this expansion.

I highly doubt that...

have you been to the general forums? There's still lots of people.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015

plz woat?! seriously?! worth a bitter lulz if true!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not likely. If Naz got banned, it was probably for something else.

Please do not post misinformation about administrative actions. That's against the forum rules, too.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited January 2015
    :eek:

Naz is banned...WTF.. without words.. . :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    :eek:

Naz is banned...WTF.. without words.. . :mad:

Nah, if he was banned it would show.

Like this one: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5315761#post5315761

See there below the name? Banned

Now, a suspension on the other hand - wouldn't show anything there...they just might end up on a vacation for a period of time. Kind of like how somebody might have an Aug 2012 date instead of a Jun 2012 date. ;)

But we're not supposed to talk about moderation stuff - leads to moderation. Was just pointing out how Banned shows as Banned. :cool:

edit: Ugh, wow...so I don't realize I passed 15k posts (since the Forumpocalypse of 2012) until I'm 79 posts in and reading another reply... /facepalm. Maybe I do need to install Steam again and run Gratuitous Space Battles...can watch that while waiting for stuff in the game instead of posting on the forums.
    edited January 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Not likely. If Naz got banned, it was probably for something else.

Please do not post misinformation about administrative actions. That's against the forum rules, too.

Hey you! Whereas I actually like you and what you do here, I have to believe Naz over you. No offense. Still my fav mod.

I know what I posted was discussing moderation, but who cares? The game is dead, the company is sinking, and I don't play this awful game anymore. If I really wanted to, after a ban, I'll just create another account for this dumb forum for the people I used to enjoy socializing with in this awful game.

Still love ya bro. Keep 'em straight!

Edit: Borticus is the only other kewl Cryptic dood.

Edit 2: Just realized how kinda sorta childish that sounds. This is what Cryptic has dragged me down to.

Edit 3: I ain't skeered.
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What all games are we playing now anyhows? Many in elite? Im on wot eu currently and dabble with mwo(not very good)
    edited January 2015
    gregkane wrote: »
    What all games are we playing now anyhows? Many in elite? Im on wot eu currently and dabble with mwo(not very good)

I am literally the worst at MWO. Come play with us!
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2015
    I know what I posted was discussing moderation, but who cares? The game is dead, the company is sinking, and I don't play this awful game anymore. If I really wanted to, after a ban, I'll just create another account for this dumb forum for the people I used to enjoy socializing with in this awful game.

banning things that can be made for free....logic ftw lol :D
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am literally the worst at MWO. Come play with us!

You guys play much? Need to redownload it i just built new pc, dont have any clan mechs r anythin exciting yet :)

Does anathosion still play it at all?
    edited January 2015
    gregkane wrote: »
    You guys play much? Need to redownload it i just built new pc, dont have any clan mechs r anythin exciting yet :)

Does anathosion still play it at all?

It's our main game, at the moment. Although bmr, Hammel and I play with doods I knew before I joined Pandas (people from the same site Dental is from) whereas everyone else plays with some other group. We take the game very not-serious and just have fun and shoot giant robots when the other group just wins matches. :P

As for anathosion, no, he does not play.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    not Likely. If Naz Got Banned, It Was Probably For Something Else.

Please Do Not Post Misinformation About Administrative Actions. That's Against The Forum Rules, Too.

Bannnnnnn Himmmmmmmmmm Doooooo Etttttttttttt!!!!
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Nope.

I got a ban and the post remained intact without edit or deletion.

It wasn't even a mod but probably an exec for cryptic but most likely PWE.

YEAH ME too Q cut me
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope.

I got a ban and the post remained intact without edit or deletion.

It wasn't even a mod but probably an exec for cryptic but most likely PWE.

welcome to the club
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited January 2015
    banning things that can be made for free....logic ftw lol :D

THIS RIGHT HERE! Best logic I have ever seen here in my time here in 5 years. Edna you win my props big time! Thanks!

But in reality the ban hammer here at cryptic is pretty much like a tiny icepick in terms of actual consequences.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Jeez what did you do?

thats they new form of ban lol

banning free accounts....when logic hits down syndrom :D
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol not much but slightly badmouthed PWE so I got slapped with "hate speech" ban...

Then they didn't even mod nor delete the post!

So it's worthy of the ban and restrictions but also worthy of staying posted??????

BS...it was probably the propoganda pwe squad.

When I got banned, a dev responded with a quote of my post. Nor my post or his reply where changed. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just had to chime in and say that I feel that apathy as well. Lately, I've been playing around with Civilization: Beyond Earth. At times, I start up the STO client to see the latest news only to see more structure for grind. I already have a job, I need something fun to do. There is one thing reaching for a goal in a game, its another to make it so tedious that the goal is just never obtainable. I'd rather be happy playing what I am now. I'll only check in to see if the sense has been knocked back into them or not. Hopefully it does. If for only one reason: I love Star Trek.
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Note the absence of "what would kill PVP" threads

Zombies can only be killed with head shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    come play mechwarrior. gawsh

MercStar Alliance...join the train.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
    edited January 2015
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    MercStar Alliance...join the train.

Join the Word and squawk at our enemies.

I miss yeeeeeeeeeeew
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Join the Word and squawk at our enemies.

I miss yeeeeeeeeeeew

I'd probably have been still playing MWO if they had been a bit cheaper to enjoy when it came to Clan mechs. :\

And as far as the original topic, The game hit its Peek, from my unprofessional opinion, at around Min-fall 2012ish.. maybe 2011.. You could find matches easier.. PVP Fleets actually meant something. There were rivalries between fleets. There were PVP Tournaments that were fun to be apart of. Things were also more balanced/less abusive in some ways.. Of course some fleets "knew" of exploits and eventually proved their existence.. But at least it was still fun to play back then.

I also feel that the main reason for STO's current state, may not necessarily fall on the Devs.. but the people who give the Devs their marching orders as far as when to do something, and what to make at that given time. As well as how much to sell such work at, or how much time it should take to acquire the top tier, as it is now.

That and I also blame the fact that DR is a Voyager based expansion.. And there are many Dislikes of Voyager. :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]