test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me or....

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Has the fight gone out of people in the PvP forums as well? There's no soul or spice left here no more........
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    im the most salty and jaded ive ever been about the game. i don't understand how they could so systematically and meticulously ruin it. how could all the metrics and experience they have gained after almost 5 years lead them to this?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    naz4 wrote: »
    Has the fight gone out of people in the PvP forums as well? There's no soul or spice left here no more........

The mods have made it pretty clear they don't want us doing PvP on the forums, so a bunch of that stuff has gone by the wayside. Think the closest has been some of the stuff in that tournament thread, but c'mon - it took forever to get to that point and was sorely missing it since that stuff is a staple of tournament threads...lol.

Outside of the random PvE person making a comment, there's really not much to go on...

Mechanics discussions are more likely to take place over in General Discussion than here. Hell, PvP suggestions are more likely to take place over in General Discussion than here.

Fleets know how to get in touch with one another if they're looking for matches.

So outside of the random tournament open to the public...

...there's not really going to be much going on here.

Folks have been told they can raise concerns about things here, that they should raise their concerns here, but is that just so they're easier to ignore and to make things easier on the mods without having to deal with any PvE vs. PvP hostilities?

Meh...

...but honestly, I can't really tell the difference between what's going on now and what's gone on in the past. Different flavors of the same stuff, and I guess folks really just don't like the current flavor but were okay with the others.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    It's clear as plain as day. It's no longer possible to be naive about this whole PvP thing, and no hope left. So 2 options:

-Do you really like flying your favorite starship?
    -Does your love strong enough to stop you from logging out permanently?

well, my favorite ship is literally the single worst one in the game, so thats has never been something that could draw me to play unfortunately. everything else was enough of a draw despite that, but now everything else is as bad as my favorite ship, so....
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Spice requires a dish.

There can't be soul without live.

You cannot fight someone or something thats vanished.

Wits and esprit has been replaced by apathy, within the game and in the forum.

And I only respond because it's you naz....

Signing out,

HanK
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I used to look forward to the time of day when I could go home and start up my STO. But I am still only level 56 and my gear is Mk11/12 and I'm tired of grinding just so that I can play matches that aren't even half as good as in S1.2/2.

The game needs to get back to being about pewpew rather than about an infinite grind towards getting ready for pvp.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    Either everyone agreed to disagree with Cryptic/PWE, or they are like me and decided to do other things like reenact the apollo missions on a snowball, with drones, using an aircraft hangar because I bombed the heck out of my VAB, Astronaut Complex, and then my Administration Building.
  • c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is because the game is over!

Not only the PVP part, but the PVE aswell.

I think its save to say that STO is loosing more Players every Day. And the people that go away will not be replaced by new ones.
    Therefore the in-Game economy is about to Crash, Fireballs falling from the Sky and whats left of the PVP Community... well....
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Grinding finally cought up with PVP community i guess...

And with the last blog... things are not looking good :mad:

Edit : Thx Naz (and all the other Sad Panda's) for all the animo you have brought to the community in all those years xD
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tmghost999 wrote: »
    Grinding finally cought up with PVP community i guess...

And with the last blog... things are not looking good :mad:

Edit : Thx Naz (and all the other Sad Panda's) for all the animo you have brought to the community in all those years xD

indeed, only a few still bring the "PvP flag" around in STO...

ps. Check your PM inbox please :)
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still hang around in game,
    slowly, ... VERY slowly, gaining new spec points and levels by DOFFing,
    saving up loads of dil,
    playing the exchange to amass ECs... waiting...
    waiting for some miracle to happen, perhaps a change is STO dev leadership...
    or something else to bring back hope into PVP.
    And when that time comes, I will have fully maxed toons, billions of EC
    and millions od dil.... bwahahaha...
    that is unless they shut down the server permanently by then.
    Which, let's be honest, is not at all unlikely at this point.
  • houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sadly PVP was never really a priority in this game. which is really sad it had so much potential. i still had fun over the years with everybody i played with in game. but most of us gave up a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I have been working abroad for a year, but I agree things are quiet and less heated.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Note the absence of "what would kill PVP" threads
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Apathy has definately set in. Not just in the PvP areas, but all parts of the game. It is clear to me that Cryptic got their key performance indicators wrong (Measures that show how good or bad something is)

The only thing that would kick start this game now is Star Trek Online 2.0 by a completely different outfit.
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's a change going out soon that will make training bridge officers cost Dilithium. It's very obvious that Cryptic is either done with this game and is trying to cash-out or PWE is forcing them to make this more of a typical Asian grind MMO and trying to get all the whales to spend all their money to stay competitive. I believe it's the latter but either way it's going to kill the game very soon. Even I can't necessarily keep up anymore. I feel if I log in and try to get updated I will spend all twenty something million of my Dilithium and still not have enough. :V

gaem is ded
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    gaem is ded

This is my experience too. At first it seemed as though only PvP had taken a fatal blow to the pulmonary artery.

But now not so sure, the queues are dying across the board now. And no matter which sector I go to, it's virtually deserted, and if there are people there everyone is just standing around, or ships on the edge of the map near zone exits or social hubs.

Its a sense of exhaustion. I too am feeling it.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is my experience too. At first it seemed as though only PvP had taken a fatal blow to the pulmonary artery.

But now not so sure, the queues are dying across the board now. And no matter which sector I go to, it's virtually deserted, and if there are people there everyone is just standing around, or ships on the edge of the map near zone exits or social hubs.

Its a sense of exhaustion. I too am feeling it.

ME TOO I TRIED TO make them see reason on the ionic turbulence thing last week but instead wound up getting banned ...so im done for now ....as soon as my batteries recharge ill be back (looks at smirk)....you tell them ill be here pvping alone by myself if i have to ..why?? because i know you devs it and as long as there is one pvper left ...well you would actually need 2 ..but you get my point PPUT WHAT EVER BROKEN STUFF IN YOU WANT I DONT CARE ANYMORE YOU WONT MAKE ME LEAVE IM GONNA STAY HERE JUST TO SPITE YOU....AND if it causes you angst because the pvp people wont just go away ...then so much the better
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shut up Vox :P

And nice to finally hear from you again :) How are you ?
    edited January 2015
    voxlagind wrote: »
    How are any of you still playing this game? Do you have no self respect?

Hrmm, if one's self respect is determined by playing a video game...they might just have other issues. There's a wee bit too much care there...
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmm, if one's self respect is determined by playing a video game...they might just have other issues. There's a wee bit too much care there...

I agree, some one can still play the game and have self respect. Now, been a fanboy and defending cryptic is other issue, that takes the self respect and all the types of respect that some can have.. LMFAO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shut up Vox

And nice to finally hear from you again How are you ?

I'm good, how about you X? Waiting on my daughter to be born, working, etc, the usual. I haven't popped in for a while, and thought I'd check and see if they'd gotten around to making PvP better. Took all of a minute to figure out that Cryptic has basically given the player base the big middle finger and is grabbing for cash/wondering why people who don't pay are still even trying to bother (I suspect they're running a social experiment on how much punishment they can inflict before a person realizes there's nothing ACTUALLY tying them to this targ-poo of a game).

I mean, I know I couldn't respect myself if all I could do was complain about how a company treated me, but basically bend myself over and prostrate myself to them all at the same time.

"I've had enough!" the masses shouted, lining up for more.

It certainly doesn't make up ALL self respect, but anyone who thinks it doesn't take a hit by putting up with this game is fooling themselves. And to quote a much better MMO: "Time is money, friend!" Your free time has value in how you spend it. Even if STO is free to play, the cost is still too damn high.
    edited January 2015
    voxlagind wrote: »
    I mean, I know I couldn't respect myself if all I could do was complain about how a company treated me, but basically bend myself over and prostrate myself to them all at the same time.

It's not some abusive marriage...it's a game. Folks are way too melodramatic.
    edited January 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

He is sure, he loves cryptic and he is one of the white Knights.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    He is sure, he loves cryptic and he is one of the white Knights.

*blinks* Wait...you are talking about Virusdancer? Are you seriously calling him a 'white knight' for Cryptic? I just want to know for sure.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited January 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    *blinks* Wait...you are talking about Virusdancer? Are you seriously calling him a 'white knight' for Cryptic? I just want to know for sure.

I can not said more than what I already said due to the risk of getting banned.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You guys still play this game? Wow...

Listen, I just play Smash Brothers on my Wii U now. Just pure fun. No devs %$#@ing things up, no lock boxes, it's funny, it's balanced, and Rosalina!

Nintendo = FUN. I don't have fun in STO, or with STO's 100% broken PVP/PVE. STO have past the Event Horizon AKA it's at the point of no return. Give up and find something better to do. You'll be happier, I'm happy. :)

I just stop by here just to see who's still ticking... Some of you are die hard and I respect that.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]