test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No patch on a Tuesday??

bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
What gives? We usually have a patch every Tuesday, I wake up early on Tuesdays just so I can do my R&D before the server goes down. So I wake up early today to do it, and no patch warnings, and no downtime noticed.

So is the patch being delayed for the week, or just skipped? Inquiring minds wanna know.
signature.png
We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, you're thinking of WoW. Cryptic usually patches on Thursdays; the schedule was thrown off for the past couple of weeks due to Christmas and New Year's falling on Thursdays this year. (Also, the last couple have just been rebooting the servers to deal with the memory-leak issue anyway.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Only major upgrades are pushed tuesdays...

Much like the Enterprise B...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Patch happens on Thursdays. We had it for the past couple of Tuesdays due to Christmas and New Years happening on Thursdays.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patch days are usually thursdays not tuesdays, they only do patch day on tuesday when theres a ugent fix needed doing or a big problem with the server
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    patch days are usually thursdays not tuesdays, they only do patch day on tuesday when theres a ugent fix needed doing or a big problem with the server

I got used to reading the Tribble patches. They were like a sneak preview of the Holodeck patch (with exceptions, of course). Unfortunately, we haven't had one in awhile.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, you're thinking of WoW.

Actually no, I am not thinking of that. I never played it so, no. It just seemed to me that ever since I lost my job in late November the patches happened on Tuesdays. I never noticed what day before then because I was always at work when it happened.
    signature.png
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Actually no, I am not thinking of that. I never played it so, no. It just seemed to me that ever since I lost my job in late November the patches happened on Tuesdays. I never noticed what day before then because I was always at work when it happened.

Sorry to hear about your job :(

Then again, I can see how you got confused. In addition to Christmas and New Years, even Thanksgiving was on a Thursday. So all of the normal Thursday patches (save for one or two) were done on a Tuesday to accommodate for each weekend holiday.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I can understand it too. About the job, I just got a call for interview with Home Depot this Frida, so maybe a turn around is going to happen. :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    narrheehawnarrheehaw Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    :cool: Working as intended with optimal choice performance :cool:
    This, is the goal, of narrheehaw
    It's mission, to destroy new worlds and civilizations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And to boldly ruin, what no one has ruined before.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's merely a Reporting Bug.
    XzRTofz.gif