test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome to Star Trek Online

lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
So I was running around the Wonderland, and I got a pink "Welcome to Star Trek Online" message. Apparently, everyone got that same message, and at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas what this was? It obviously didn't unlock the Breen ship discounts, so we can't make heads or tails of why the message happened, or what it was supposed to do.
I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Post edited by lindaleff on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Yea... I got that too while on my KDF running around the Voth Battlezone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its just a bug, nothing more
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    So I was running around the Wonderland, and I got a pink "Welcome to Star Trek Online" message. Apparently, everyone got that same message, and at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas what this was? It obviously didn't unlock the Breen ship discounts, so we can't make heads or tails of why the message happened, or what it was supposed to do.

Sorry! I fat fingered the wrong button.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was the best message ever and the players loved it.
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    give virus a medal.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    jawnathinjawnathin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was the best message ever and the players loved it.

I actually LOLed at that. I'm not in the 'I hate Delta Rising' camp but that was great.
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

No really, we were testing an emergency broadcast system and wanted to send an innocuous message :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Could you imagine if the message had been..."Kurland here."...or..."Don't you want an Epohh friend?"

edit: TRIBBLE, I've got "Kurland here." stuck in my head now.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No really, we were testing an emergency broadcast system and wanted to send an innocuous message :cool:

Expecting tornadoes on Risa or something? :P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Borg ships are heading toward Qo'noS!
    Could you imagine if the message had been..."Kurland here."...or..."Don't you want an Epohh friend?"
    I actually can imagine that. :rolleyes:
    Emergency Alert: Breen ships are not giving discounts! Stay tuned for updates!
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Music starts...intro.

Kurland here.

Music continues.

Can you hear me?

Voices scream, "Louder!" - music gets louder.

Kurland here. Can you hear me?

Kurland here. Can you hear me?

Are you...

Music continues.

Are you...

Music continues.

Are you ready to party?

The drop.

- - - - -

Repeat the Kurland here, Can you hear me?, Louder! twice intermixed with just the music.

- - - - -

As the music softens, leading the listener to think the song is coming to the end...

Kurland here. Are you ready to party?

Music starts up again.

- - - - -

Finish with a final Kurland here and the music stops.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I probably would have said something funny.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After watching a marathon of Red vs Blue on Hulu, I can hear Caboose say Welcome to STO....
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Were the completely lagged out instances (fleet/friends in several STFs reported what almost seemed like an imminent zone crash) related or just coincidental?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Kurland here.

I did that mission like 10 times in a row to get 8 beams and the set piece. Once it totally bugged out at the very end of the mission and left me with zilch so i had to restart.

Anyway, see you tonight at kurland anonymous. :cool:
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    finally i am welcomed somewhere, anywhere!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015

IT'S a TRAP!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Could you imagine if the message had been..."Kurland here."

lmao that would have been fantastic.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I rather think the message came from Manuel Neuer..
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The building is in fire, run for your life !

And suddenly a bunch of gamers across the world run outside half naked and screaming.
    So many jokes to do, and you didn't. :(

Also, I fully support the "Kurland here" as an introduction for your broadcast system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    An emergency broadcast system? In STO?
    In case North Korea hacks the servers?
    To be used as an Amber Alert if someone abducts Eppoh Lady?
    To announce a sale on Cheetos and Diet Dew at the 7-Eleven?

The possibilities are endless. But please, for the love of all that is holy, you guys have got to start these emergency messages with...Wait for it!...Steady!...Steady, I say!..."Kurland here."
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Or it could be a ship-wide Red Alert for when Neelix decides to start cooking.
    I rather think the message came from Manuel Neuer..
    At least it didn't come from Gabe Newell. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Next time, use "Don't you want an epohh friend?" :P
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Or it could be a ship-wide Red Alert for when Neelix decides to start cooking.

At least it didn't come from Gabe Newell. :rolleyes:

Ok, you had me look up for him on Wiki. Wow, he would fit perfectly here on the forum to support the others who always need to express themselves.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He is the guy who created Team Fortress 2.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He is the guy who created Team Fortress 2.

Where is the "I couldn't care less" smiley :P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I could take a photo of my face if that constitutes a "Can't Care Less" smiley. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I could take a photo of my face if that constitutes a "Can't Care Less" smiley. :rolleyes:

:P:P:P

we really should do a "Create a Doff" week with our real faces.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hmmm. Indeed. And in a strange turn of events, I agree completely. And yes. That double Grumpy was very much intentional.