test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kabali Prime not rewarding XP

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
I want ed to finish the story line on my main character and realized I was not earning specialization points for killing ground enemies on the ground. I tested two way. I was level 60 completing the Kobali Prime ground story arc and i was not awarded in specialization points until i got into the Summit Area (58-60). The story line missions and found mission do award SP but ground enemy outside the 58-60 area was awarding SP points....

Is this a bug or is this built in by design...can other players check what I have found?
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I want ed to finish the story line on my main character and realized I was not earning specialization points for killing ground enemies on the ground. I tested two way. I was level 60 completing the Kobali Prime ground story arc and i was not awarded in specialization points until i got into the Summit Area (58-60). The story line missions and found mission do award SP but ground enemy outside the 58-60 area was awarding SP points....

Is this a bug or is this built in by design...can other players check what I have found?

It's been happening since the massive XP nerf a few weeks ago. It's just one of the special features that awaits players once they hit level 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tested the Dyson ground battle zone and it rewards SP
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Kobali Prime has NPCs that are at certain levels. Dyson has NPCs at lv 50, but you get scaled down to 50, so essentially they're the same level as you.

Not getting XP for kills on Kobali Prime is probably because most of those NPCs are too low level compaired to you. They ahve it set up so that if an NPC is a certain amount of levels below the player, the NPC does not reward XP.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Kobali Prime has NPCs that are at certain levels. Dyson has NPCs at lv 50, but you get scaled down to 50, so essentially they're the same level as you.

Not getting XP for kills on Kobali Prime is probably because most of those NPCs are too low level compaired to you. They ahve it set up so that if an NPC is a certain amount of levels below the player, the NPC does not reward XP.

If this is true, it is a bad game design, i understand that NPC should rewards less or more based on level, but not rewarding anything is not cool.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    As far as I know, Kobali Prime is really the only instance we have where we're not autoleveled to match the area, as Kobali actually has different leveled regions of the map.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Testing and QA is soooo overrated. - Cryptic
    XzRTofz.gif