test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nosferatu Sarr Theln 30k build

synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
Ok my Sarr Theln. Still getting used to it, Any help appreciated.
Pets seem to keep doing 5K+ sometimes 7k.

But steady 30k runs. With GDF got 32.8k. My highest so far. Grav Well III generally right under 2k of that.
Rom Plasma and Corrosive Plasma Mix. Any info other then Piloting fire away.

http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/2qu29p/nosferatu_breen_sarr_theln_28k_help_appreciated/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by synthiasuicide on

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could you do anything comparable as a KDF or Rom (i.e. without Reciprocity/Battle Ready combo) with the same or similar setup?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Battle ready is alot better on a ship with more Engineering skills for sure. I'm getting 1 stack from Engineering team. And 2 Stacks when I click OSS. but thats the only skills triggering it.

Was wondering though, Guess I could remove those skills for a couple parses just to see. The main thing is Reprocity. Thats like a free Zemok. Which I can't afford. lol

But, thats the only reason I'm probably loving the ship on this toon. Since I originally wanted it for my Klingon orion which flies a Kar'Fi normally. But, feels so good on my Main Fed Tac I just keep playing that toon almost exclusively now because of those Traits. They need to release Reprocity for KDF/Rom side Pronto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What color is Corrosive plasma and how would you rate it's effectiveness compared to other plasma weapons?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yellowish/Orange. Honestly not a very pretty color. Guess kinda Goldish.

But, real reason I MK XIV them was they remain Account Bound. So If I switch to another, I can trade those to my Alts with the Account bank.
    Since I'm still thinking one day to go AntiProton.

And the MK XII [crtd]X2 sell for around 2mil each. So was cheapest way to get a full set.

EDIT: To your comment I rank them slightly better then Rom Plasma.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Could you do anything comparable as a KDF or Rom (i.e. without Reciprocity/Battle Ready combo) with the same or similar setup?

Ok, Finally got around to my Klingon for the test.
    My klingon is missing all the bells and whistles.
    For one, Engineer instead of a Tac.
    No Tachykinetic Convertor.
    No BioNueral Infusion Circuits.
    No Superior Rom Operative Bridge officers.
    Sub Optimal Duty Officers(Uncommon instead of Rare.)
    MK XII weapons instead of MK XIV.
    No Starship traits at all.

But, same Bridge office layout, Using The Carriers special console instead of the tachyo console. And Nuetronium Alloy+Turn instead of Bionueral Infusion Circuits.
    Elite Scorps instead of Frigs(Damn Plesh Brek Bug)

Parsed 23k ISA Pug. So a Tac would be better. And Im sure once I get some of those bells and whistles I will be at least 26-27k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, Finally got around to my Klingon for the test.
    My klingon is missing all the bells and whistles.
    For one, Engineer instead of a Tac.
    No Tachykinetic Convertor.
    No BioNueral Infusion Circuits.
    No Superior Rom Operative Bridge officers.
    Sub Optimal Duty Officers(Uncommon instead of Rare.)
    MK XII weapons instead of MK XIV.
    No Starship traits at all.

But, same Bridge office layout, Using The Carriers special console instead of the tachyo console. And Nuetronium Alloy+Turn instead of Bionueral Infusion Circuits.
    Elite Scorps instead of Frigs(Damn Plesh Brek Bug)

Parsed 23k ISA Pug. So a Tac would be better. And Im sure once I get some of those bells and whistles I will be at least 26-27k.

Not too bad at all. With the 3/3 setup and Sci-focused seating I certainly wouldn't expect anything near what one of the other recent 4/3 Carriers can put out, but certainly good enough to get by earning your Starship Trait. Thanks for the response and testing, btw. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Not too bad at all. With the 3/3 setup and Sci-focused seating I certainly wouldn't expect anything near what one of the other recent 4/3 Carriers can put out, but certainly good enough to get by earning your Starship Trait. Thanks for the response and testing, btw. :)

No problem. Altough my klink is still looking for a ship to call home. My Tac made a home with this ship. I love it with a Tac. And don't like toons in the same thing. My Engie Klink is the biggest ship jumper I have. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    This is the first time I can recall seeing a link to /r/stobuilds as the build link, makes me proud. Honestly, I looked at that post a few times, looking for basically anything, but really it's a great build.

Only thing I'd say is that the prevailing advice used to be 'on ships with a lot of sci consoles, run romplas.' While corrplas is the new romplas (except on the whole really expensive to get good mods part), that advice is no longer accurate with the new upgraded embassy [Pla] consoles, which give a much better dot to non-plasma weaponry than they do damage boost to normal plasma weaponry. Before I knew that was the case, I'd have ranked corrplas as just second to AP, but I'd have to now say any ship with a number of upgraded [Pla] consoles will do noticably better with non-plasma weaponry, be it phased biomatter, protonic polaron (which would fit nicely with the theme of your ship), bio-molecular weaponry, or, of course, antiproton.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With a name like that, it wasn't quite what I was expecting, yet still a very apt name.

It is an interesting amalgamation of plasma beam boat, zone-control and pocket-drain. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This is the first time I can recall seeing a link to /r/stobuilds as the build link, makes me proud. Honestly, I looked at that post a few times, looking for basically anything, but really it's a great build.

Only thing I'd say is that the prevailing advice used to be 'on ships with a lot of sci consoles, run romplas.' While corrplas is the new romplas (except on the whole really expensive to get good mods part), that advice is no longer accurate with the new upgraded embassy [Pla] consoles, which give a much better dot to non-plasma weaponry than they do damage boost to normal plasma weaponry. Before I knew that was the case, I'd have ranked corrplas as just second to AP, but I'd have to now say any ship with a number of upgraded [Pla] consoles will do noticably better with non-plasma weaponry, be it phased biomatter, protonic polaron (which would fit nicely with the theme of your ship), bio-molecular weaponry, or, of course, antiproton.

Thanks, and yeah I'm waiting on upgrading my Klingon until I decide if I'm switching this toons beams or not. If I do all the MK XIV beams go to her so it's not waisted. Meanwhile the thought of Antiproton is both tempting yet depressing EC wise. So I'm spending that EC on lockboxs to get enough lobi to gear my klingon finally console wise first. At that point I'll make the decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]