test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground xp update.

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
So I have been thinking of ways to grind SP points and I am tired of space patrols. So I took a trip to Kabali Prime and played on the ground. While ground combat is not hard,I would love to see so xp boost. When level up a toon low level ground NPCs are worth 1xp the same as some enemies at level 60. For the most part enemies are suppose to level with you,this should mean they should be worth more xp. I would love to see enemies on the ground give more xp. Plus they need to be more aligned with space kills. This will give players more area tori din instead of space patrols. This also helps players that like to play ground combat.
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *cough* Has morale improved?

:P

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 31 seconds.
    This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget that on planets like Kobali you kill ground enemies in much greater numbers and much faster than in space.
    So the XP per kill should be less.
    Though I agree, ensign level up to captain level enemies should reward notably different amounts of XP.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just got off Kabali and I was not getting XP for kills. Will be doing some more testing once the server comes up.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Don't forget that on planets like Kobali you kill ground enemies in much greater numbers and much faster than in space.
    So the XP per kill should be less.
    Though I agree, ensign level up to captain level enemies should reward notably different amounts of XP.

While I agree ground XP should be less, it should still reward more than what it currently does. A well built ship will shred mobs and Argala Patrols are done in 3-5 minutes for ~20k xp. Now that is too high for ground, but there is no reason why you shouldn't get 1/3 the xp from a ground kill vice a space kill.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I kill about as fast in space as on ground. I've never understood why ground exp and drops had to be kept so low in value. I'm sure there's one spot someone would get 60 spec points in a half an hour but just find that when players do and remove it. Ground exp should be in the ballpark with space. Maybe 25% less.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Just got off Kabali and I was not getting XP for kills. Will be doing some more testing once the server comes up.

I suspect what your seeing here based off my based observations will be the effect of running a level 60 toon around the level 54 parts of the map (just north of the city gate). When I've done that with a level 60 toon I've seen no xp gains other than a single point every once in a while whereas a lower level toon in that area gets up to 8 xp for a standard vaadwaur kill (depending on level). Try taking a Level 60 toon further up the map and from what I've seen you then start to get more xp from kills as the NPC's level gets closer to the players level.

Also worth noting that toons are automatically set to a certain level when in the zone unlike other ground zones which is why this doesn't get observed elsewhere and means that as you level the difference between you and the NPC's gets greater (in your favour - so they should be easier to kill in theory but the xp rewards fall off far more rapidly).

Personally I'd like to see ground kills give better xp rewards to make time spend on ground kills more comparable to space kills as it doesn't feel that way at the moment, although all kills (space and ground) feel quite light on skill point rewards for kills as it is relative to the number of skill points needed for a level or spec point (but that's a discussion for another thread).