test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event Discount Bug

takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
One of my friends has been going through the Winter Event to grab the Breen Ships.

He has them all, but apparently he's not getting the discount on them for repeats or other characters. At least not for the Raider.

Anyone else experiencing this bug? And does anyone know why it is occurring?
76561198160276582.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its a known issue, that won't get resolved any time soon.
  • axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ya I just finished the Chel Grett and haven't gotten the discount either. The real question is whenever they fix it assuming they're going to, will we still be able to get the ship? I'm not gonna lie I love the Star Trek universe and that's the only reason why I still play this. And if I get boned here well I'm done. Call it nerd rage idc but this isn't how a company should do things.
    Are you free?
  • r3diln3r3diln3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure but my fleetmate told me that I shouldnt have done the free upgrade on the breen raider (all the ships get free Tier U upgrades) my main toon until I got the discount on my alts.
    Sounds like regardless of the upgrade or not there is a bug.
    There has to be a way for cryptic to fix this because I just grinded on 5 toons and that's a lot of my time that I don't want to waste.
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People, try to read before posting:

The patch for this is already on Tribble, and we are only waiting on implementation on Holodock. This has been stated on multiple posts.
  • r3diln3r3diln3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's fine. I was sure they'd take care of it - I wasn't too concerned. I just thought I'd look this up in the forums and this is was the first and only post I looked at and just to share what I knew/heard.
    I didn't even file a ticket because the last thing they need is another person telling them there is a bug.
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The patch for this is already on Tribble, and we are only waiting on implementation on Holodock. This has been stated on multiple posts.

It's a valid question though: Does the game view a T5U Breen ship as different than a T5 Breen ship, thus voiding the discount? Can this Tribble fix be tested against this?

Also, let's not pretend there is a single, up-to-date listing of all current changes/differences. I didn't know there even was intended to be a discount until today. Not everyone has read every changelog ever released. Do you happen to have links to how it is intended to work, or where it was announced, or where this fix is defined as on the way?
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    senselocke wrote: »
    It's a valid question though: Does the game view a T5U Breen ship as different than a T5 Breen ship, thus voiding the discount? Can this Tribble fix be tested against this?

Also, let's not pretend there is a single, up-to-date listing of all current changes/differences. I didn't know there even was intended to be a discount until today. Not everyone has read every changelog ever released. Do you happen to have links to how it is intended to work, or where it was announced, or where this fix is defined as on the way?

The simple solution to THAT issue is that the ship given by completing the event reputation project is the basic T5 that can be upgraded to T5-U for free. Incidentally, I completed all three ship projects on different characters, and both the Raider and the Cruiser are the basic T5 ship.

I hope that after the patch I will NOT be required to re-complete those projects to receive the discount. I would like to give all of my characters the earlier ships WITHOUT having to grind them again (and I would not be able to do so again this year as time is too short).
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    The simple solution to THAT issue is that the ship given by completing the event reputation project is the basic T5 that can be upgraded to T5-U for free. Incidentally, I completed all three ship projects on different characters, and both the Raider and the Cruiser are the basic T5 ship.

I hope that after the patch I will NOT be required to re-complete those projects to receive the discount. I would like to give all of my characters the earlier ships WITHOUT having to grind them again (and I would not be able to do so again this year as time is too short).

Oh wow, do I agree. I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist if it doesn't work, as I was expecting to have to do the grind non-stop on every toon to earn ships. Even if it doesn't work smoothly, I do greatly appreciate that they're trying to give us a bonus here.

It is a common problem with grindy games that, when newer and newer content comes out, the totality of the grind becomes unfathomable and offputting. The correct measure is to shorten/smooth out the amount of grind time so that a new player isn't all that far behind an older toon--especially if they want us to make alts (purchase alt slots).

Many games, though, refuse to acknowledge this ever-growing grind. At all. I'm certainly not too thrilled that all my Mk XII rep gear is now not so top-of-the-line anymore, as the Dilithium/time costs associated with upgrades in the new system is completely and totally ridiculous.

But something like this is certainly a step in the right direction. I'll be stoked if they get it fixed, but even if not, they tried, and it should (hopefully) work next year.

That said, Cryptic/Arc/Whoever, it would be really nice if you applied the same consideration to gear and endgame grind. It's nice I can upgrade my gear, it's TRIBBLE that it's so bafflingly expensive and time-consuming. A whole starship is only 120,000 Dil, but upgrading a single weapon can take that much as well--that's a bit silly.

Simple fix, boys and girls--knock a zero off every Dilithium cost for upgrades, and everything would be peachy. But in some ways, for some systems, you're trying--I can respect that. You're still not quite there yet.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014

it was on tribble before they went on vacation and they still didnt roll it out... may not be fully working or is bugged and effects other things. stuff is on tribble all the time that does not make it to live... dont count your chickens before they hatch.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still maintain that Commander Rojal has absconded with all of the new ones, leaving only the older, non-alt-updated ships.