test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Plesh Raider

nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So finally after busting my butt for two weeks getting Autographs and EC for keys to get Lobi to get more Autographs... I got my Raider (NOT THE GRETT). So me being excited about this, I opened it, named it, upgraded it, slapped on some gear from my other ship, took it for a spin, was AWESOME, with a 58.9 degree/sec turn, so fun. So anyway, I got finished with the queue, changed to my carrier only character, I only use carriers with it, Xindi, Atrox, Obelisk, Tholian, BREEN!!! and so on. Went to go claim my raider to slap some good ole frigates on my Breen carrier, WHAT!? 1000 autographs!!, Well that doesn't seem right, I'll log out and wait a while, see if that changes.. Nope. So now I have to bust my butt for another 2 weeks, and hopefully get my Autographs again before the event is up.

Now before all the trolls run all over this with, "This has been posted 500 times, go read one". Well I did, and after about 10 forum posts of everyone not being able to claim their Grett Warship, I gave up, not spending 8 hours trying to find a Raider post, which I did find one, that quickly turned into Grett Warship... So bottom line is, is there a fix for this? Can I undo something, redo something without spending another 300 mill EC for keys? or waiting another 25 days? Or am I just **** out of luck?

And by the way, I did submit a ticket for this, no response, and fear of none. PWE really doesn't care. Not looking forward to reading the automated response, I might just snap.

Thanks to all you kind souls willing to give a reasonable response, and TRIBBLE all the trolls who just want to be heard.
Post edited by nekofury86 on

Comments

• he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same thing is happening to me. I JUST bought a Plesh Brek on a character and opened it (adding it to my roster). Not only are my other characters still being asked to pay 1000 for it, the character that JUST bought it is also being asked for another 1000.

I have tried removing and reslotting the project. I've tried logging out, then back in. Nothing works. Q wants 1000 photos even though I bought it at full price already. I want it on my main so that I can get those hangar pets but, like you, I am unwilling to spend another 1000 photos!

[12/19 6:13] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,994,648.
    f86cqFw.png
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same issue.

Have the Raider on Adam@adamofnod, game doesn't recognize it for that character or any of my alts if I want to claim another one.

Please fix this before the event ends Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My account has the Breen Chel Grett Warship and has the discount already... but when I went to claim the ship for the 1st time on my Ferengi it did not pop a message up on screen to say he got the unlock for the account.

I get this message all the time when I claim a ship during the summer event and for the carrier in the winter event, even if it already has a discount.

It seems the reward "Unlock Winter Event Cruiser Complete" is not being awarded when you finish a rep project for the Chel Grett Warship... this is also probably the case for the Breen Plesh Brek Raider, the "Unlock Winter Event Raider Complete" is not being awarded.

I have claimed the carrier now on 4 toons tonight since I got the unlock and each time when they claim the ship... they have all gotten the message about an account wide unlock flash on screen.

"[LegacyFloaterMsg] You have unlocked an account-wide discount on the Breen Sarr Theln carrier!"

I do not see that type of message appear when I claim the Chel Grett Warship.

You can check my account @tigeraries
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope we get a response from PWE/Cryptic on this issue. I dont want to finish my projects and then find out that i had to do something else first to make it work. I have 3 toons running for 1 ship each and also to get the other 2 ships via accountwide unlock from the other toon and one toon to get all the ships via unlock.This problem should have been fixed with the last patch but nothing happened, instead some minor ToI issues got fixed (maybe because the latest livestream was about ToI?). They ssould fix it soon for everyone who still got one ship and everyone who still has to do the race.

I have one idea what could be the reason but i a not sure. Could it be that the game-mechanic somehow is counting the days since the first race or the start of the winter event? So you need 25 races to unlock a hsip meaning 25 days since the first race/first day of the event and if you use spare Pictures from last year or pictures from the Holiday vendor those don´t count?
    seems unlikely but thats the reason why i think that could be the source of the problem
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Affected by this as well.

Since it was previously working on Tribble Test server, where I got both the Plesh Brek and the Sarr Theln ships the second day, my guess is that the patch that tried to correct issues with claiming if you had the ship the year before broke the code for discounting fresh claims.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Got the Plesh Raider today, and... same thing. No discount for other characters.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here.

I guess they keep trying to fix the discount and it only makes it worse.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • raddamusraddamus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same issue here :mad:
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Plesh raider is ok
    Carrier is ok
    Chell Grett is NOT ok on any character, with at least two of them already having it. but trying to get the rest for the other characters have no luck
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • terodorterodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Affected by this as well.

Since it was previously working on Tribble Test server, where I got both the Plesh Brek and the Sarr Theln ships the second day, my guess is that the patch that tried to correct issues with claiming if you had the ship the year before broke the code for discounting fresh claims.

I wasn't here last year so that theory is no good. Also others have unlocked this season without a problem.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    terodor wrote: »
    I wasn't here last year so that theory is no good. Also others have unlocked this season without a problem.

Agreed. I recieved no Discount for Raider AND Warship and this was the first year i did the Races for those Ships
  • rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here. 1st year slotting and completing the projects, got both the chel and plesh just now and no discount on any of my toons for either of them, and not even for the toons who got the ships in the first place.

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • xunderxdosedxxunderxdosedx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same issue here. The account-wide unlock worked for the carrier and nothing else. The raider and the cruiser are both still locked at 1000 autographs, even after unlocking one of each on my two alts. It wouldn't normally bother me so much but I was really hoping to get the raider pets for my carrier. Hope they get it fixed before the event's over. :(
  • tritonmdtritonmd Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    Having the same problem. Have the T6 and that works fine. But the discount for Raider doesn't, still requires 1000 on all characters.
  • kury2kury2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The raider worked for me but not the cruiser. I had finished the Raider last winter but never claimed it so I did this year. I had started the cruiser previously and finished it after 3 races. I can only assume it counted the completion when I turned in the glossies and not when I claimed it. I am about to turn in the carrier tomorrow and hope it works.
  • twokimlitwokimli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I also have the problem noted by the OP. I completed the project for the warship last year and have the discount for it on all my captains. I just completed the project for the Raider and all of my captains still require 1000 pictures of Q for the Raider project. I've tried relogging and restarting the game and even slotting/unslotting the project several times to no avail. I'll be finishing the carrier tomorrow and I certainly hope that it does not do the same thing.

P.S. I really hope cryptic will come up with a fix for this as I really would like to have the raider on some of my alts as well as have access to the fighters for the carrier.
  • warponewarpone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have just unlocked the T6 carrier on one character and it gave the me the discount on my other character for 40 pics, then I unlock the Breen Pleash Raider on the other character and got no discount for it, it still says i need 1000 pics to unlock on both characters
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same problem here. I have four characters, (two fed, one kdf, one republic). Today I finally achieved 1000 photos per character and purchased one ship (of each) on the first three mentioned characters - with the intention to them go and claim all three on my romulan, only costing me 120 photos. I can't. I can claim the Carrier at a reduced price, but neither of the other two.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • primewardprimeward Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same problem here to. I hope they fix before the event is done.
  • drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the ranks. Carrier appears to unlock fine (though the text on the event still lists 1000 photos needed, not sure if that's a bug/WAI) but both the warship and the Raider are not discounting on the account.

as others mentioned, Didn't see the notifcation about the unlock though that may just be bcause I have Flying notifications turned off on those characters.
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the list. Just got 3 toons to all get one of the ships today. Carrier gets the discount for others but Chell Grett and Plesh Brek do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warlicker84warlicker84 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the list, the carrier and only the carrier is the only ship that I can unlock with the discount, the rest are still full price. I really hope they fix this so I can get the raider for both my KDF and Romulan toons.
  • tdkanetdkane Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the list. Just got 3 toons to all get one of the ships today. I didn't tried the carrier, but Chell Grett and Plesh Brek still need 1000 photos, even when I add both ships to my roster on my alts.
  • cmdrspritecmdrsprite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same Here.

Completed Carrier on Main and it is Discounted on Other Chars to 40 Photo`s.

Completed Heavy Raider on an Alt and the Heavy Raider is Still 1000 Photo`s on All Characters.
  • nychusnychus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same issue here, both for Raider, and cruiser, carrier like others is discounted fine. Tried the talk to Q instance swap no dice.
  • pokepark2pokepark2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah same issue. I got my Breen Carrier on one character and now I can get it for 40 autographs on all my other characters, got my Plesh Frigate but it still says it needs 1000 autographs for all my characters including the one who actually got the Breen Plesh Frigate. I've tried relogging In, using the ship, even putting things on the Plesh frigate, of course it still said I needed 1000 autographs. Very annoying and frustrating, hope this can be fixed as soon as possible, worked very hard for those ships so you can imagine that only getting one discounted is very annoying. I am going to be able to claim the Chel Grett Cruiser tomorrow, hope I don't get the same problem.
  • kury2kury2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, after reading that the carrier is not bugged if you only use new photos, My Klingon collected 960 photo through yesterday. Today he completed the race and got his last 40. I re-read the forums hopping for word of a fix but there was none. The forum said the carrier was not bugged so I decided to take a chance and finish the project. I click on contribute button. It shows 960 already and 40 available to contribute. I pull the slider over to contribute the 40 and press ok..... it shows 960 ... none in my inventory now but still shows 960 and 40 available.... I spoke with Q, changed maps, sorted my inventory... tried a half dozen times... and am confused.

????
    Day 2. Ok, today I tried again.. it still said I had 40 photos but none in inventory. I ran the race, it said I had 80 but only 40 were in my inventory but I tried contributing anyway.... It worked. I have no idea where that 40 from yesterday went but I got my carrier AND it unlocked for my other alts so they only have to pay 40. I still have to pay 1000 for the warship even though I completed one on my science officer but at least now the Raider and Carrier are 40.

Sooooo... 1040 photos for a completion and carrier but I won't complain.
  • vombalkvombalk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same problem i got the carrier yesterday on my first toon then today finished the breen plesh brek and chel gret on 2 other of my toons i have no probelm with the carrier unlock but the plesh brek and chel gret are still asking for 1000 pics each on other characters and i was really looking forward to getting the frigate for my carrier. this is my first winter event and i am hoping the problem will be fixed soon
  • csm67csm67 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Adding myself as well. I put in a GM help request just to be on the safe side. Im a lifetime subscriber, and they are giving me my raider for 40 photos. I don't care if its in a day, week or month. They will give it to me.
    We come in peace....shoot to kill.
  • jwong83jwong83 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't get the Plesh Brek discounted either. Probably the warship is bugged on mine too. Hopefully gets fixed...