test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2hr ban for AFK

eaughotieaughoti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Immediately after an Undine Infitration mission (failed btw:() I find I've been banned for being AFK. For two hours. I'd like to see that immediately corrected but that a forlorn hope. Not content with the grinding misery of the new upgrade system are they now banning players for failing a mission. Can this game get any lower in its contempt for players
Post edited by eaughoti on

Comments

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eaughoti wrote: »
    Immediately after an Undine Infitration mission (failed btw:() I find I've been banned for being AFK. For two hours. I'd like to see that immediately corrected but that a forlorn hope. Not content with the grinding misery of the new upgrade system are they now banning players for failing a mission. Can this game get any lower in its contempt for players

The only time that map should ban you for being AFK is when you were AFK.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    The only time that map should ban you for being AFK is when you were AFK.

Exactly!

Enjoy that 2hr ban OP!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually no I've been hearing that there may be a bug on undine infiltration to where if you fail before the undine spawn you will get the afk ban. I feel this is due to the afk thing only counting combat and if you fail early enough you will never see an undine in the mission
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's one way to kill the queue's... Oh wait!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Actually no I've been hearing that there may be a bug on undine infiltration to where if you fail before the undine spawn you will get the afk ban. I feel this is due to the afk thing only counting combat and if you fail early enough you will never see an undine in the mission

Well, than I suggest they do not fail at something, they should technically not be failing at.

In other words, they shouldn't be failing at all up until the first Undine boss and, even after going into the caves and encountering the first wave of undine.

So, I am not seeing how anyone should be failing it, let alone pitying those who do!

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Being disconnected by the server will get you an AFK penalty.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Being disconnected by the server will get you an AFK penalty.

Has yet to ever happen to me, and I have a TRIBBLE poor connection most of the time, and being a F2P account it likes to drop me, in favor of gold accounts.

So, I cannot see this as an issue either myself!

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has yet to ever happen to me, and I have a TRIBBLE poor connection most of the time, and being a F2P account it likes to drop me, in favor of gold accounts.

Denial doesn't make it any less true. It's happened to me many times, usually around patch days when the server is flaky to begin with.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It hasn't happened to me either, but making an assumption about how this particular game works for everybody else based on ones own personal experiences, is like living in New Jersey and telling somebody from Hawaii there's no such thing as a volcano, because you've never seen one.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Denial doesn't make it any less true. It's happened to me many times, usually around patch days when the server is flaky to begin with.
    daveyny wrote: »
    It hasn't happened to me either, but making an assumption about how this particular game works for everybody else based on ones own personal experiences, is like living in New Jersey and telling somebody from Hawaii there's no such thing as a volcano, because you've never seen one.

:rolleyes:

Well, after tons of DC's and boots, along with server time outs, I still have yet to EVER experience any form of penalty!

This is with re-logging immediately after DC's or booted and, even losing power for mins - hours at a time and, re-loggin at a later point in time and, again nothing, notta, not a single penalty so, I cannot fathom how it would effect others as such.

Unless I myself can replicate it at some point, than I disbelieve it can happen so, sorry but, I don't feel your pain the least bit!

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, after tons of DC's and boots, along with server time outs, I still have yet to EVER experience any form of penalty!

This is with re-logging immediately after DC's or booted and, even losing power for mins - hours at a time and, re-loggin at a later point in time and, again nothing, notta, not a single penalty so, I cannot fathom how it would effect others as such.

Unless I myself can replicate it at some point, than I disbelieve it can happen so, sorry but, I don't feel your pain the least bit!

The I have a sandwhich so you can't be hungry argument.

I have had this happen, once only though, during the mirror event when I disconnected. It never happened again even with other disconnects during the same event, but I do believe others have had that problem more often. I don't know what caused it to happen that one time so unable to replecate.
    edited December 2014
    Wow that's pretty arrogant, you get out the bed the wrong side shadow? hehe

No, it's just I get the feeling that a lot of the actual people who do afk leech, come on here to complain the were wrongly penalized and, if I myself cannot duplicate the same problem doing exactly what they say they did or, do not see factual proof.

Than to me, it is all hearsay and, not actually problematic and is WAI!

I don't mean to come off as some sort of prick but, I don't buy into something that cannot be shown with evidence first!