test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser Hangar Pets

hojobobobhojobobob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The hangar pets and Sheshar Assault Craft can't keep up with my ship. They get left behind when you go to full impulse. I did space missions in multiple locations last night and it did this in all of the.
Post edited by hojobobob on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This happens with all hangar pets.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have the same issue.

And no, this is not normal, it doesnt need to go to full impulse. evasive or rock and roll is enough, the pets will always left behind. and in that case they also dont do any reaction to carrier commands.

additionally they often dont shoot at the enemy, the assault pet sometimes simply does nothing except flying around. hardly is see any beam coming out of it...

the pets are totally bugged.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    This happens with all hangar pets.

That's been my experience. I miss when we could just deploy them again instead of sitting there wondering what butterfly they were off chasing.
    edited December 2014
    That's been my experience. I miss when we could just deploy them again instead of sitting there wondering what butterfly they were off chasing.

interesting. I didnt make that experience. other pets were always flying to the target and started to shoot them. the elachi ones sometimes remain there where they got deployed, and when they ever reach the target they dont shoot sometimes. so on your elachi dread this is not the case and the pets work normally?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    interesting. I didnt make that experience. other pets were always flying to the target and started to shoot them. the elachi ones sometimes remain there where they got deployed, and when they ever reach the target they dont shoot sometimes. so on your elachi dread this is not the case and the pets work normally?

Not the shoot part...the twiddling their thumbs and left behind aspect. It's rare, that without some foresight on my part of where I'm going, when the pets will stick with me. The normal is they get left behind - from there, there's a chance that they'll eventually catch up or they'll mutiny and go chase butterflies. It's why I miss the ability to redeploy them, even if it means giving up ranked pets - rankless pets with me is better than ranked pets off playing hide 'n seek from me. But yeah, it usually requires a recall - changing them to intercept - bouncing them to a target in range in the direction I'm heading - or the like before I go to Full/Evasive/etc...otherwise, it's a gamble of whether they'll stay with me or the second gamble of whether they'll eventually catch up or not.
    edited December 2014
    Not the shoot part...the twiddling their thumbs and left behind aspect. It's rare, that without some foresight on my part of where I'm going, when the pets will stick with me. The normal is they get left behind - from there, there's a chance that they'll eventually catch up or they'll mutiny and go chase butterflies. It's why I miss the ability to redeploy them, even if it means giving up ranked pets - rankless pets with me is better than ranked pets off playing hide 'n seek from me. But yeah, it usually requires a recall - changing them to intercept - bouncing them to a target in range in the direction I'm heading - or the like before I go to Full/Evasive/etc...otherwise, it's a gamble of whether they'll stay with me or the second gamble of whether they'll eventually catch up or not.

so, you say your elachi pets respond to carrier commands? because as I wrote already mine does not when they get left behind. they are just lost and dont do anything anymore...
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I can concur that pets do get left behind, and it's a behaviour that's always been in place.

As long as you're in range of them, the continue to respond to carrier commands (<12km)

My general tactic has been to recall them early in the combat phase, if I know I'm moving on to the next target.

As an aside - the breen frigate pets are a lot of fun to use. I find myself moving into a flanking position then redeploying them for maximum effect. And what's really nice is that pets stay with you in the Battle of Korfez moving from phase to phase. Normally they reset when changing maps.