test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Building A Winter Wonderland

2»

Comments

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They kinda did. Now completion credit is only needed for the accolade.

Well, it's not so much an apology, that, as a belated recognition of a grim reality.... Yesterday's attempt at a patch seems to have broken the event completely, so people can't get the required credit to buy the items, so the rules have to be changed, there. (Tough luck, of course, if you're actually trying for the accolade... which, by the by, I was.)

Again, I must point out, I'm not asking for 50,000 Zen and the double-jointed Orion slave girl of my choice by way of compensation, here... just some positive sign that Cryptic knows it messed up, and is genuinely sorry about it. Like, if I logged in tomorrow and found a "Signed Apology from Q" in my inbox, that'd be nice.

Or - here's an idea - they could take Q off his pompous hover-throne and make him go stand in a corner until the event's fixed. With a dunce's hat on, perhaps. Wouldn't take that much work, wouldn't affect gameplay any, might soothe some ruffled feelings. Would that be unreasonable?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2014 Winter Wonderland: Ice Art Nouveau (see. article)
    Frozen: Ice Gothic (as far as I've been able to tell.)

Art history, its a thing. :rolleyes:

I actually feel kind of silly for not making the connection when I first saw it--but Art Nouveau DOES fit, especially the vaulted "arches" as you enter the gazebo. Not to mention the pastels from that time frame, such as in Tiffany glass work from that period.

Now MY favorite old art is Art Deco--but oddly enough the Cardassians do a really awesome "Dark Deco"-meets-steampunk look.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.