test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashes too random to be too specific...

siranofvulcansiranofvulcan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Greetings,

I and others in my fleet have been experiencing random crashes since the patching cycle last week 12/04. The crashes are too random to be specific, if you know what I am saying. We have crashed just after starting a PvE whether normal or advanced mode. Some crashes prevent us from getting back in game in time to collect rewards. That really sucks! :(

Other crashes happen when changing maps. Some when logging into the game and I crashed while logging out of it. Not good. The crashes TRIBBLE up my monitor display and I have to reboot my PC to get it back to what it is supposed to be.

So, I figured that a few pictures might be worth a few thousand words or so and I took some screen shots of what I see when the game crashes. And, by the way, it's the program on the PC that crashes. Here are 3 pics:

First picture.

Second picture.

Third picture.

I certainly hope that the above images will help in tracking down the cause of this game crash.

See you in-game! :)

FADM Siran
Post edited by siranofvulcan on

Comments

• siranofvulcansiranofvulcan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings,

The crashes are still happening...

I heard word that devs are saying that the crashes that EVERYONE experiences, where the game program itself crashes to the desktop, is caused by bad sectors on players hard drives? Give me a break! That is the most dumbest thing I have ever heard. Suddenly, everyone's hard drive got a bad sector causing these crashes. BAH! :mad:

That's a cop out people. The devs cannot figure out what is causing the crash to desktop so they lay blame on the players equipment. That's akin to one losing the Internet and one calling ones ISP and the ISP tells one that "there's nothing wrong on our end, it's your equipment that has failed" when clearly there is nothing wrong with ones equipment and the ISP is INDEED having a delivery issue.

I know my hard drives have no bad sectors, I just ran diagnostics on them about a week or so ago. They passed with flying colors.

Someone in game told me of a work-a-round: Click on "Options" when you start the launcher. Scroll to the bottom. Near it you will see "Gameplay proxy". Select either US or EU depending on your location. I have not had a crash since doing this myself. :D I'm not sure if this procedure would be different for players that use Arc or Steam to launch STO. If so, you will need to look around for the proxy on whatever is used for a launcher. I launch directly from a desktop icon.

See you in game! :)

FADM Siran
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings,

The crashes are still happening...

I heard word that devs are saying that the crashes that EVERYONE experiences, where the game program itself crashes to the desktop, is caused by bad sectors on players hard drives? Give me a break! That is the most dumbest thing I have ever heard. Suddenly, everyone's hard drive got a bad sector causing these crashes. BAH! :mad:

That's a cop out people. The devs cannot figure out what is causing the crash to desktop so they lay blame on the players equipment. That's akin to one losing the Internet and one calling ones ISP and the ISP tells one that "there's nothing wrong on our end, it's your equipment that has failed" when clearly there is nothing wrong with ones equipment and the ISP is INDEED having a delivery issue.

I know my hard drives have no bad sectors, I just ran diagnostics on them about a week or so ago. They passed with flying colors.

Someone in game told me of a work-a-round: Click on "Options" when you start the launcher. Scroll to the bottom. Near it you will see "Gameplay proxy". Select either US or EU depending on your location. I have not had a crash since doing this myself. :D I'm not sure if this procedure would be different for players that use Arc or Steam to launch STO. If so, you will need to look around for the proxy on whatever is used for a launcher. I launch directly from a desktop icon.

See you in game! :)

FADM Siran

You should really get your facts straight before you form an opinion. In this thread I had problems with one character, explained what happend and send in several crash reports. As of yet, i still don't know how crypticfrost came up with an advice regarding MY problem, but he pointed me into the right direction and it worked. I fail to see where he was saying that this is now the solution for everyones crash related problems but maybe you have other sources? It was a solution for me, and I have posted this in another thread as a possible solution for some of the people having simular problems.

Seriously, I don't get this "conspicacy infected - I'm a costumer so I demand this & that..." attitude nowadays.
  • siranofvulcansiranofvulcan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You should really get your facts straight before you form an opinion. In this thread I had problems with one character, explained what happend and send in several crash reports. As of yet, i still don't know how crypticfrost came up with an advice regarding MY problem, but he pointed me into the right direction and it worked. I fail to see where he was saying that this is now the solution for everyones crash related problems but maybe you have other sources? It was a solution for me, and I have posted this in another thread as a possible solution for some of the people having simular problems.

Seriously, I don't get this "conspicacy infected - I'm a costumer so I demand this & that..." attitude nowadays.

Greetings,

What I stated in my post above is true. A fleet mate of mine read it to me in voice chat yesterday from a reliable forum, STO, Reddit, whatever. Some Dev said that the crash problem is all players problem, bad sector(s) on hard drives. That is bull TRIBBLE. The odds that every players hard drive(s) got bad sectors is 1 in a billion. It is virtually impossible.

Please do not put words into my mouth that I have not said. Where the frak did I say that your solution is the solution for all? You didn't even post in this thread until after I made my second post in it. I did not and do not know you. I never read or heard anything, during my search for a solution on these fora, about a solution given to you by Cryptic being a solution for everyone. As for Cryptic contacting you about a problem you are having, more power to you. I have yet to hear word one from Cryptic and I have sent in several bug reports myself. I guess once one goes lifetime, Cryptic no longer need to contact you.

The temporary solution I stated above may not work for everyone, all I know is it works for me and players in my fleet. I made no claim that it is a cure all for the crash problem.

You can come down from your holier-than-thou pedestal. I never once stated or intended to say that this is a conspiracy theory. Nowhere did I cast an attitude on making ANY demands. I did the same as you said you did, I posted a temporary solution that might help others with the same crash problem. If my trying to help others bothers you, tough. I like to help others when and where I can.

Have a great day! :)

FADM Siran
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings,

What I stated in my post above is true. A fleet mate of mine read it to me in voice chat yesterday from a reliable forum, STO, Reddit, whatever. Some Dev said that the crash problem is all players problem, bad sector(s) on hard drives. That is bull TRIBBLE. The odds that every players hard drive(s) got bad sectors is 1 in a billion. It is virtually impossible.

Please do not put words into my mouth that I have not said. Where the frak did I say that your solution is the solution for all? You didn't even post in this thread until after I made my second post in it. I did not and do not know you. I never read or heard anything, during my search for a solution on these fora, about a solution given to you by Cryptic being a solution for everyone. As for Cryptic contacting you about a problem you are having, more power to you. I have yet to hear word one from Cryptic and I have sent in several bug reports myself. I guess once one goes lifetime, Cryptic no longer need to contact you.

The temporary solution I stated above may not work for everyone, all I know is it works for me and players in my fleet. I made no claim that it is a cure all for the crash problem.

You can come down from your holier-than-thou pedestal. I never once stated or intended to say that this is a conspiracy theory. Nowhere did I cast an attitude on making ANY demands. I did the same as you said you did, I posted a temporary solution that might help others with the same crash problem. If my trying to help others bothers you, tough. I like to help others when and where I can.

Have a great day! :)

FADM Siran

You do know how to have an appropriate conversation. Nice facts, awesome attitude, very helpful.

Have a great day yourself.