test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2014 Winter Hat Suggestions/Requests

immaculateflaxenimmaculateflaxen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
I was excited to hear that we were getting winter hats for this years Winter Event but quickly became disappointed because it made my female character look bald... I feel like a chemo patient while wearing it. Please, would it be possible to add hair under the hat perhaps the Long Middle Parted for females?
Post edited by immaculateflaxen on

Comments

• Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't have anything to say about hats, but I do wonder if footwraps can be made for us Gorn players?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I think I understand why it works this way, but it's still too bad it completely removes the hair.
  • Options
    captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My main toon has a beard and wears an eye patch. When I attempt to wear the new winter hat, it removes both of them. So, though I was really looking forward to this hat, I am unable to wear it.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I think I understand why it works this way, but it's still too bad it completely removes the hair.

Agreed.

Even with a specific hairstyle under the cap, or perhaps at least showing a little of the hair showing that the hair is all under the cap it would be enough.

And how about just a beanie for guys, without the tail on it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The hat looks like an old sock, and not any hat I ever wore. Where's the hat with the big poofy ball on top ?
    http://sartorialmale.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Duck-Cover-Crowley-Hat.jpg
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd support that as long as it also keeps those, who have shaved hairstyle, the way it was. Just don't go forcing hair on the character, just because it's female, is what I am saying. :P
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    alexanderxxxrowalexanderxxxrow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wanted to go for a Santa look, but no epic beard in off duty mode with the hat. :eek:
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was excited to hear that we were getting winter hats for this years Winter Event but quickly became disappointed because it made my female character look bald... I feel like a chemo patient while wearing it. Please, would it be possible to add hair under the hat perhaps the Long Middle Parted for females?

My suggestion is to have them work before they're released. They don't even show up with my non-human guys.

They're a big waste of time to obtain.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can they be used with off-duty outfits? They don't really seem like a normal uniform item.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Can they be used with off-duty outfits? They don't really seem like a normal uniform item.

They can only be used with off duty outfits.

I can understand why Cryptic implemented winter hats the way they did. It avoids the issue of having to make hats work with every possible combination of hair styles. You'll notice the Bajoran vedek hood works the same way. With that said, it would be nice to have an alternate version of the hats that show a little hair.

My suggestion for next year would be ear muffs. They could work like the other head attach items (like the TOS earpiece, for example). They would need to come in XXL sizes for Ferengi. ;)
  • Options
    catriecatrie Member Posts: 0 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I'm disappointed that it hides my ears, on my Vulcan. I would like to see it have an option to show ears or not. I have an alien, with long ears, and I don't want to try the hat on her, as it will probably hide those ears, as well.

I'd also like to see it show some hair, depending on one's hairstyle.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Actually, I can't seem to get it to show up on my characters' off-duty outfits. Neither does the Vedek hood appear as an option. Is this a bug on older accounts?
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another thing I found out with the hat is that you can't wear gloves with it either. At least, that's what I saw when I put it on a human female character.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    djxprime wrote: »
    Another thing I found out with the hat is that you can't wear gloves with it either. At least, that's what I saw when I put it on a human female character.

If I remember right, I was able to use the Khan gloves on my human female, and the miner gloves on my Klingon (KDF) male. I don't think the miner gloves were available for the human female.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wanted to go for a Santa look, but no epic beard in off duty mode with the hat. :eek:
    Which is the most obvious thing. You give us a Santa hat, but no beard? Fail.
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    They can only be used with off duty outfits.

I can understand why Cryptic implemented winter hats the way they did. It avoids the issue of having to make hats work with every possible combination of hair styles. You'll notice the Bajoran vedek hood works the same way. With that said, it would be nice to have an alternate version of the hats that show a little hair.

My suggestion for next year would be ear muffs. They could work like the other head attach items (like the TOS earpiece, for example). They would need to come in XXL sizes for Ferengi. ;)

If I recall correctly though the Vedek hoods are like Nun habits, and Ski hoods, they're supposed to only show the face. This is different.

There should at least be the hint of hair underneath the hat. There's no difference between a bald character and a character with hair with the hat on. There could at least be a hint.
    davidwford wrote: »
    Actually, I can't seem to get it to show up on my characters' off-duty outfits. Neither does the Vedek hood appear as an option. Is this a bug on older accounts?

After you switch to off duty go to the first head option, it has a dropdown that has head with hats etc.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    spcover256spcover256 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the hats could use more variety.

I have a stupid question. I bought a hat from the Holiday Vendor, but can't figure out how to put it on. It say you need to use the Tailor, but when I go to modify my uniform I can't find anyplace to add the hat to my head.

How do I put on my hat now that I've bought one?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    After you switch to off duty go to the first head option, it has a dropdown that has head with hats etc.

Yes, I looked there. The option is missing. On my Reman, I can choose the Reman hood or none, but the winter hat option is missing.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I bought the hat and I thought it was ugly. Considering the event, shouldn't it have been more of a santa hat? Maybe a couple of versions to represent the different hats each country's variation of santa wears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]