test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

December's Patch--Game will not Load.

truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After today's patch update...the game will not turned over to play. It stops after changing windows on the loading sequence.

Tried twice and on both---it crashes and the crash sent log comes up. And then disappears very quickly.
52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Can you post the number from the Error Tracker? It should be at the bottom of the window that asks what you were doing at the time of the crash.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    petr#8330 petr Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same problem unplayable i log in play 4 min. and game crash , try it 8 and 8 crashes, i use amd grafik card may be is there problem? Cannot play until many logins and crasehs
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Can you post the number from the Error Tracker? It should be at the bottom of the window that asks what you were doing at the time of the crash.

At work now, but for both instances... the error report window lasted for maybe 6 seconds, the it closed... no time to look at number. Will repeat attempt after I get home.
  • Options
    stylesflynnstylesflynn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The game crashes on the Cryptic Loading Screen. The Error Ticket ID field on the "CrypticError: Oops!" window asking what you were doing just sits on "Requesting....." and never gives you a number.

If you check the Windows Task Manager gameclient.exe is still active under the processes tab and has to be force closed from there. Doing this brings up another error window with the following information.

"Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: ./piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Shiplevelingui.Bin"

Verifying through the Cryptic Launcher doesn't find any bad files. Verifying through Steam doesn't find any corrupt files.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Did that verification too, on the second try... and still nothing. *added info*
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Okay, home now, did a test...the error reporter does not give a number, it starts off saying 'Requesting' first, then closes at 'Unknown' and that it is.

UPDATE--Tried safe mode, no progress...going to to try tribble.

Accces to Tribble is also crippled.

Okay, shut off the Verify and Force Patching, activate safe mode and now it is loading up another patch of 3810mb size
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well---whatever happened, back on now. After DL that big patch. Very strange.
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I also cannot play. I can login and in a few mins I am booted says it crashed. I wil grab the number just glad I am not alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Here is what is says DX G1 _ERROR_ DEVICE-HUNG 0x887 90006 ERROR Ticket 14181774

Hope that helps you fix it Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My crashlog should be viewable from my post-patch launcher hang and eventual CTD last night.

Go fish
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Frost you Rock!!! Thanks I can pew pew again. Should have said this earlier but I was busy playing!! So again Thank you Frost:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirk335kirk335 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the same problem with loading affter the patch. I did find the exe that arc opens and the program will open with out arc but will get a time out on the server. When I load with arc I do get the program to start to load and then will get the same error the other person has with trying to run the game. I am going to try safe mode to see if that helps.
  • Options
    kirk335kirk335 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am doing the force pach and safe mode it looks like it is doing a 4G patch now