What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Geko's crowning achievement

2»

Comments

• stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the designers who worked on the Kobali ground zone. It's a great piece of work. If they actually rewarded more than 5 Delta marks for anything you did there, it'd be packed with players.

I think they're fixing this today too. It will now be a whopping 10 marks...

OK maybe I'm wrong but this is what the patch notes say.

Delta Quadrant Patrols:

Doubled the amount of rewarded Skill Points for all Delta Quadrant patrol missions.
    All Delta Quadrant missions reward 10 Delta Marks instead of 5.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    There's an accolade for doing just that, so it's working as intended.

So you would think... until the Cryptic bosses call you all cheaters for earning it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just FYI, your sig is the kind of meme sig people mean when talking about how long it will take to ban them.

If you don't tag all three dinos you miss out on the full reward. There's no need to stay at one dino the whole time. You tag one, kill medics if you see them, run to next, tag and kill medics, run to last and stay there till it's dead. All three dinos get killed and you get the full reward.

Why would you not do that? The very fact that you need to tag all three dinos for full reward tells me that it's intended to be done that way.

Yeah, it's a bit over the top, but I've got a couple I'm fiddling with that will probably fall below the 'Danger Zone'...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [QUOTE=uryenserellont;21062241

If you don't tag all three dinos you miss out on the full reward. There's no need to stay at one dino the whole time. You tag one, kill medics if you see them, run to next, tag and kill medics, run to last and stay there till it's dead. All three dinos get killed and you get the full reward.

Why would you not do that? The very fact that you need to tag all three dinos for full reward tells me that it's intended to be done that way.[/QUOTE]

or or just for a second if you think about it you can as a group run and kill the first dino then run and kill the second and then kill the third thereby not leaving 3 guys on each dino to kill them for you and get the full reward

I know this is a crazy notion but its possible this can work too no? :eek:
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macready08 wrote: »
    I bet gekos bosses were patting him on the back congratulating him for how successful his baby his creation that is the voth ground battle zone. He was probably showing them numbers of how many people were there doing this awesome new ground battle zone they probably thought this guys a genius dinosaurs with laser beams actually worked or did it. Was it the amazing content that geko created that brought people to the zone or the fact that it was easily exploitable for dill and why was the dill exploit never fixed ? Was the dill exploit put in there and left in there by geko to artificially inflate the number of players playing gekos baby? Was it put in there and left in there by geko so that he didnt look like an idiot when no one would have played his crappy ground battle zone i shouldnt say no one but if it wasnt for the dill exploit the numbers would have been far less. So are the higher ups aware of these exploits inflating the numbers or is geko just the smartest dev ever.

Punctuation helps.

Sarcasm works on the forums, yes. But yours is mostly lost. At least I *think* it's sarcasm.

And I agree with others that the Dyson BZ isn't an exploit in itself, though it has certain exploitable aspects.

/still confused
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    or or just for a second if you think about it you can as a group run and kill the first dino then run and kill the second and then kill the third thereby not leaving 3 guys on each dino to kill them for you and get the full reward

I know this is a crazy notion but its possible this can work too no? :eek:

Can it work? Yes. Is it reliable? No. Another dino may be killed while you're still working on yours. That's happened to me even while tagging as fast as possible. It's usually the city dino that dies first because that's where the AFKs hang out, so try to tag city first.

City isn't always crowded though so make sure you're also prepared to kill the two medics.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Delta rising game dying
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macready08 wrote: »
    I bet gekos bosses were patting him on the back congratulating him for how successful his baby his creation that is the voth ground battle zone. He was probably showing them numbers of how many people were there doing this awesome new ground battle zone they probably thought this guys a genius dinosaurs with laser beams actually worked or did it. Was it the amazing content that geko created that brought people to the zone or the fact that it was easily exploitable for dill and why was the dill exploit never fixed ? Was the dill exploit put in there and left in there by geko to artificially inflate the number of players playing gekos baby? Was it put in there and left in there by geko so that he didnt look like an idiot when no one would have played his crappy ground battle zone i shouldnt say no one but if it wasnt for the dill exploit the numbers would have been far less. So are the higher ups aware of these exploits inflating the numbers or is geko just the smartest dev ever.

which exploit? I'm way faster doing borg STFs and refine all the marks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]