test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Geko's crowning achievement

macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I bet gekos bosses were patting him on the back congratulating him for how successful his baby his creation that is the voth ground battle zone. He was probably showing them numbers of how many people were there doing this awesome new ground battle zone they probably thought this guys a genius dinosaurs with laser beams actually worked or did it. Was it the amazing content that geko created that brought people to the zone or the fact that it was easily exploitable for dill and why was the dill exploit never fixed ? Was the dill exploit put in there and left in there by geko to artificially inflate the number of players playing gekos baby? Was it put in there and left in there by geko so that he didnt look like an idiot when no one would have played his crappy ground battle zone i shouldnt say no one but if it wasnt for the dill exploit the numbers would have been far less. So are the higher ups aware of these exploits inflating the numbers or is geko just the smartest dev ever.
Post edited by macready08 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exploit? The heck are you talking about?

The battlezone is no exploit.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macready08 wrote: »
    I bet Geko's bosses were patting him on the back congratulating him for how successful his baby, his creation is that is the voth ground battle zone. He was probably showing them data concerning how many people there were using this awesome new ground battle zone and they probably thought "This guy's a genius! Dinosaurs with laser beams actually worked... or did it?"

Was it the amazing content that Geko created that brought people to the zone or the fact that it was easily exploitable for dil? Why was the dill exploit never fixed ?

Was the dill exploit put in there and left in there by Geko to artificially inflate the number of players playing Geko's baby?

Was it put in there and left in there by Geko so that he didnt look like an idiot when no one played his crappy ground battle zone? I shouldn't say no one but if it wasn't for the dill exploit the numbers would have been far less.

So are the higher ups aware of these exploits inflating the numbers or is Geko just the smartest dev ever?

Free of charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Punctuation is your friend :)

My my , you are the forum Grinch today aren't you! :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Exploit? The heck are you talking about?

The battlezone is no exploit.

you can make 5x the dilithium there , Than any other place in the game...Its always been that way

You call it balanced?
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems they are coming for it today. Stay tuned for results. I'll be in the Wonderland but I ran one this morning for later comparison. I'm sure many people have more precise numbers anyway. So I'm sure we'll be seeing reports this afternoon.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    CDF engaged a bit early here. Patch isn't even live is it ?

Now because you where all in the battle zone enjoying the content and the rewards...

Relax there OP the devs haven't called there players cheaters today quite yet. Day is still young though if people raise heck over it later today who knows perhaps by the end of the day they will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,537 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I bet gekos bosses were patting him on the back congratulating him for how successful his baby his creation that is the voth ground battle zone. He was probably showing them numbers of how many people were there doing this awesome new ground battle zone they probably thought this guys a genius dinosaurs with laser beams actually worked or did it. Was it the amazing content that geko created that brought people to the zone or the fact that it was easily exploitable for dill and why was the dill exploit never fixed ? Was the dill exploit put in there and left in there by geko to artificially inflate the number of players playing gekos baby? Was it put in there and left in there by geko so that he didnt look like an idiot when no one would have played his crappy ground battle zone i shouldnt say no one but if it wasnt for the dill exploit the numbers would have been far less. So are the higher ups aware of these exploits inflating the numbers or is geko just the smartest dev ever.

You have to try a lot harder thant hat to not make Geko look like a complete idiot. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

you can make 5x the dilithium there , Than any other place in the game...Its always been that way

You call it balanced?

I might call it unbalanced (after making comparisons with other activities) but i wouldnt call it an exploit.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You call it balanced?

I thought it was established that something is not an exploit until it gives 17x more X, than anything else?
    edited December 2014
    You have to try a lot harder thant hat to not make Geko look like a complete idiot. :P

I thought he did a awesome job confirming it on that last podcast

• uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You call it balanced?

Not only is it not an exploit, but nerfing the rewards or the time required to earn them will be the beginning of the end of this game. It will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

We don't know if today's patch is a nerf. Heck for some people it may be a buff depending on what critical and non-critical tasks are. We just have to wait and see.

It's very simple to test. Capture 5 zones, tag all three dinos and you should get over 3k dilithium and some marks andimplants. I don't remember the exact rewards as I've been sitting on hundreds of thousands of ore on each of my characters and haven't been there in a while but it won't be hard to figure out if it's a nerf.
    edited December 2014
    I feel sorry for the designers who worked on the Kobali ground zone. It's a great piece of work. If they actually rewarded more than 5 Delta marks for anything you did there, it'd be packed with players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the designers who worked on the Kobali ground zone. It's a great piece of work. If they actually rewarded more than 5 Delta marks for anything you did there, it'd be packed with players.

Wholeheartedly agree. Its a great map, let down by abysmal rewards.
    server_hamster6.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hrmmm, I thought this thread was going to be about the Delta Rising memes...
    edited December 2014
    Hrmmm, I thought this thread was going to be about the Delta Rising memes...

Now THATS a sig..... and for some reason I'm now hungry :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sad thing is players were playing it and now only Jurassic Park fans will play it for fun.

Jurassic world is still 6 months off... perhaps Cryptic can run a Dino Event the weekend of the launch. LMAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited December 2014
    Not only is it not an exploit, but nerfing the rewards or the time required to earn them will be the beginning of the end of this game. It will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

We don't know if today's patch is a nerf. Heck for some people it may be a buff depending on what critical and non-critical tasks are. We just have to wait and see.

your right they could buff the reward x5 we don't know

I never called it a exploit....However a Good commander is required to ( Exploit ) any weakness in the enemy...This is a wargame

The massive Dil reward should be switched from dyson to the Delta warzone...maybe Geko isn't getting kudo's for the new zone and is still getting slaps on the behind at the water fountain for dyson

Who know's

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Free of charge.

skollulfr wrote: »
    10k dil an hour with an organised team of taggers.

path of least resistance to reward is to leech of actual players in order to farm the dino's & zone hop.

yeah this annoys me to no end unfortunately there is no cure part of me wants to organize a sort of "we wont kill the dino's until the taggers stop" when i see it happening one moment there is like 20 people there (well the little bridge officers maybe its less always hard to tell since we have 2 bridge officers with us) and then suddenly I am soloing the thing lol.

I am considering next time this happens when I am in the zone that i propose in zone chat that everyone who is left standing soloing a dino stop and call out where the taggers are heading and we follow the taggers lol that way none of us feels like a slave to these people.

which is the issue. However I tend to get almost the same amount of dilithium as one of those taggers do without doing that so i dont know how much they are gaining by this nonsense. There are times when the dino's fail because the tagging slows down the entire process.

I would suggest that anyone being victimized by a tagger group simply stop killing the dino when they take off and follow them. That way they are forced to you know help as well.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Agreed because...I know some people disagree with this but I not only liked the map, but the intensity of playing against the Vaadwaur on the ground.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    10k dil an hour with an organised team of taggers.

path of least resistance to reward is to leech of actual players in order to farm the dino's & zone hop.

10 k dill an hr lol you must be doing it wrong.
    edited December 2014
    10 k dill an hr lol you must be doing it wrong.

25k Dil for a whole hour is about right I think

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would love to do Kobali ground... for Ancient Powercells and, say... four time the rewards minimum.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You call it balanced?

No, that's just Cryptic's way to entice players to play content that has potential to be or is generally disliked, so they can present their "metrics" to the higher ups showing numbers that support their claims of success or "the best expansion evar!". By now everyone has noticed that this is exactly what's happening in DR with the DQ content as well.

They have disconected themselves from their own playerbase and their own game in favour of their "metrics". They don't know or care how people feel, they don't care how the game feels like - they only care about cold numbers. But there's only so much duct-tape, smoke and mirrors can hold, that's why the game is falling apart right now.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You call it balanced?

Nope it wasn't ... you could make the same amount with Elite STFs, the Foundry, Doffing etc ...

It might not be balanced "right now", but only because they nerfed everything else ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

SHhhhhh..you are ruining the fun for the FEW remaining of us....

WAY too late..NERF patrol:

Dyson Sphere Battle Zone: Re-balanced how player's scores are calculated for open missions.
    Previously, missions were being too generous with points for tasks that were not critical to missions .....
    DUwNP.gif

• ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I plan to troll the **** out of every single event, and all over the game till they sort it.

No point playing to win.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The really dumb thing is, had They done the same with the Kobali Zone, D.R. probably would still have been "THE BEST EXPANSION EVER!" beyond the day after we started playing it.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you know that capture and hold part of the Dyson Ground battles... they just need to generate that sort of bubble around the dinos and say you ONLY get credit if you are INSIDE the bubble field when the dino dies and is on the dino's aggro list (ie has done dmg to it).

tagging and moving on to the next dino or hopping fields... thing of the past.

right now how it works is working as intended.

there is an accolade to kill all 3 dinos in 1 run... you can only do that if you move from dino to dino before they die.

now if they locked each dino pen so that only 1 is open at a time... that could also be a fix. But they dont do this... so you choosing not to run from dino to dino are the one not playing as the devs intended.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    The really dumb thing is, that had They done the same with the Kobali Zone, D.R. probably would still have been "THE BEST EXPANSION EVER!" beyond the day after we started playing it.

:cool:

Just FYI, your sig is the kind of meme sig people mean when talking about how long it will take to ban them.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    you know that capture and hold part of the Dyson Ground battles... they just need to generate that sort of bubble around the dinos and say you ONLY get credit if you are INSIDE the bubble field when the dino dies and is on the dino's aggro list (ie has done dmg to it).

tagging and moving on to the next dino or hopping fields... thing of the past.

right now how it works is working as intended.

there is an accolade to kill all 3 dinos in 1 run... you can only do that if you move from dino to dino before they die.

now if they locked each dino pen so that only 1 is open at a time... that could also be a fix. But they dont do this... so you choosing not to run from dino to dino are the one not playing as the devs intended.

If you don't tag all three dinos you miss out on the full reward. There's no need to stay at one dino the whole time. You tag one, kill medics if you see them, run to next, tag and kill medics, run to last and stay there till it's dead. All three dinos get killed and you get the full reward.

Why would you not do that? The very fact that you need to tag all three dinos for full reward tells me that it's intended to be done that way.
    edited December 2014
    Why would you not do that? The very fact that you need to tag all three dinos for full reward tells me that it's intended to be done that way.

There's an accolade for doing just that, so it's working as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!