Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it

Comments

• Options
    cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    I really hope this theme hasn't been done yet; I missed several pages. Epohh lady reminded me of this meme.

http://i.imgur.com/G8lCP6g.jpg

My Paint skills are terrible, I apologise.

Aw thats creepy... but if DR would have a face that would be it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Dont you want a geko friend?" :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cervantx wrote: »
    Aw thats creepy... but if DR would have a face that would be it.

Looks like a Jim Jones or Manson follower...

yikes!!

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Some of these signatures are hilarious.

That said, am I the only one who sees a problem with this being all over a quote made a week or so after DR's release?

I mean regardless of how crappy DR turned out to be, the quote would make sense in the context of the timeframe in which it was made.

Even if it may not necessarily reflect the current situation.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Made a new sig.

I saw this, then a new idea popped into mind. A picture of Jafar looking all crazy and the quote "I love the way your foul little mind works" shoehorned into the usual blurb.

:P
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iconians wrote: »

That said, am I the only one who sees a problem with this being all over a quote made a week or so after DR's release?

I mean regardless of how crappy DR turned out to be, the quote would make sense in the context of the timeframe in which it was made.

Do we have to remind you where you're posting? :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sig.

/10char
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I believe that in it's current incarnation it sarcastically represents virtual torches and pitchforks to spur the devs to make speedy repairs.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    askray wrote: »

Fair enough.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Question: What's the best thing that happened in STO this year?

Answer: ...well...they ditched the annoying winter wonderland chef. Sure, Neelix replaced him, but at least he uses his inside voice!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK I know I'm late to the party but what the heck.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fair enough.

http://s30.postimg.org/jnc0wvoyp/iconian.jpg

It would be a shame if you didn't join in on the fun... here's one to start you off.

Edit... ok just saw that you did. :) lol Mirror version great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Actually, this particular quote came from an interview with Geko released on December 1st and recorded on November 26th and was part of his larger rebuttal to the skillpoints nerf.

So it was said 5 and a half weeks after launch.

I might have been willing to cut them some slack on having said this at DR launch if no patches had been made sense then and if they'd had a plan to actually address the content drought that the expansion went live with that didn't involve putting shackles on everyone and telling them when and how and when and where to play.

Instead, almost a week after the single most alienating, badly sold, insulting patch (in terms of poor spin with no interest on taking player feedback on the design goal) I have ever seen -- and I happened to be playing a lot of MMOs when they had their big, dumb patch -- we had Geko double down on the "most successful update ever" (which WAS a pre-launch bit of marketing).

He doubled down in at least two comments. One in which he said that "most successful ever" didn't refer to new players but did refer to time and money spent, which was what really counted. The other was when he repeated the marketing copy and insisted on one-upping it with "and the players love it!"

He probably could have gotten by with holding the line. He insisted on repeating the quote after massive nerf efforts, massive PR blunders (as if they didn't happen) and proceeding to dictate what the players loved, instead of taking an announce of feedback.

That is why he got memed.

So if you want to play into the fallacy that fairness comes from taking a balanced perspective rather than siding with an extreme (and "the truth lies somewhere in the middle" is typically a fallacy)... Instead of finger wagging the forums over hammering Geko over a launch quote, try finger wagging him for not just maintaining it but pushing it further. And if you want to chide the forums? Well, it should probably be because Geko DID take time out of his schedule the evening before a national holiday to do the interview. If there's anything that warrants cutting him some slack, it would be that.

Marketing copy is ("Delta Rising is the best expansion ever" posted a week after expansion launch and before most of the service snafus) is fine.

Using that marketing copy as a rebuttal to issues that came up AFTER the initial quote (effectively "Your concerns are invalid because Delta Rising is the best expansion ever") and then doubling down by telling people who are unhappy that they love a product? That's where the dark comedy comes in.

My personal opinion is that Delta Rising might have been a mighty fine expansion had Cryptic eased up rather than getting more controlling and doing something massively pushy in each of the six patches since DR launched. Instead, they keep doubling down on the least appealing design aspects of the expansion's launch, have a questionable definition of success, and then proceed to claim that customers spending a lot of money means that they love something, which is a boneheaded economist's fallacy, something people at Cryptic really ought to be above believing.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Did you not hear Geko in the latest podcast, repeating it 3 or 4 times?

Give it a listen, there are quite a few meme-worthy sentences :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »

Things like;

"Delta Rising I think was our biggest Revenue DAY ever." That one made my drink exit though my nose. Pure comedy. He makes it so easy.

Or this one was good....

"Delta Rising is at this point more successful then legacy of Romulus... in the amount of time people are spending in game... and in the amount of money people have spent. "

He also repeated this more then a few times....

"The amount of time people are playing is up significantly" Cause forcing people to grind like mad is the height of artistic game design. We love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Actually, this particular quote came from an interview with Geko released on December 1st and recorded on November 26th and was part of his larger rebuttal to the skillpoints nerf.

So it was said 5 and a half weeks after launch.

Oh, well then. I stand corrected.
    js26568 wrote: »

My ears are currently defective, and I am unable to glean meaningful information from audial dialogue.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Considering that some of dStahl's words were quoted here for years (see The Grand Nagus for further reference) -- and you said nothing -- yes .

askray wrote: »

Who are you and what have you done with the real AskRay ?

... because that sounded like a joke ...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Considering that some of dStahl's words were quoted here for years (see The Grand Nagus for further reference) -- and you said nothing -- yes .

Actually, I've said plenty in regards to Dan Stahl. But don't let that stop your character assassination attempts. Again.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    askatus wrote: »
    OK I know I'm late to the party but what the heck.

OK let me try that again...
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still not working >:
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    voporak wrote: »

best one yet, we lub you! lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't bring the arguing here, we've had 78 pages free of it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's just as much about their overall mentality...

How they try to write people off with smirk sarcastic comments, talk down to people and even openly come out and say their official policy is to not include the players.

I am real happy to see a lot of people finally had enough of that
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I LUV that Twiki is looking right at the Col's crotch.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As Hank Hill would say " I tell ya what, if we ran a business like that down in Texas they would burn us down with good old American propain, I will ya what!"

But no really. If DR is their best expansion ever and Geko is the best lead Dev they have. Then we can all look forward to another exciting installment of STO Geko's personal play ground. Where the players don't matter, our ideas don't count, where Nerfing is endless, the devaluation of our purchased items has become mandatory, and even on a holiday event they can't stop them selfs from giving us a new form of grind. I mean other then that yeah DR is the BEST BEST BEST Expansion EVER!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all STO players. Lets hope next year brings change at every level of our beloved game.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Still not working >:

No, apparently not.

Maybe this time.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
This discussion has been closed.