test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does Borg Snowmen = Playable Borg Ship?

buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
We have the Borg cooperative recently added in Delta Rising, Borg snowmen, looks like they have made an excuse to add playable Borg ships. No, I don't like the idea. But many do I guess.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I seriously doubt it. Maybe another assimilated faction ship, but NOT a cube. That's something they set their minds on a VERY long time ago.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    How does one make the leap from Borg Snowmen to playable Borg ships?

Yeah, I mean...it would be one thing to consider perhaps there will be Liberated Ice-Borg BOFFs, available for 300 Lobi, and only usable on Risa - but Borg ships?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Short answer.... no
    Long answer.... oh hell no!, you didn't just go there, who do you think you are missy!!! * clicks fingers in the air an truns around strutting away *
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    maybe he thinks this ice-hologram ship is the borg ship with the sidearm we saw in TNG.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it. Maybe another assimilated faction ship, but NOT a cube. That's something they set their minds on a VERY long time ago.

I certainly hope you are right.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Carefully, whilst well armed and wearing an environment suit? :confused:;)
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hue's ship would be awesome lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well the whole Cooperative Thing I agree with ... if there's going to be another "Faction"-Addon, I'm gonna bet my money on Cooperative in the DQ ... (I think it's a horrible idea btw, but what isn't these days)

... even if most players would prefer Cardassians (like myself) I don't think Cryptic really cares ... they did a Voyager - DQ - Poll long ago ... Krenim won with a landslide victory, Vaud'waar far far behind and not even 2nd ... yet no Krenim at all, and Vaud'waar as the new bad guy ...

-> not sure what's the connection to this year's WW, though ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought the prevalent rumor was that we were getting the Breen Sarr Theln due to the slip-up in patch notes regarding fighters a while back mentioning the Bleth Chaos fighters.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes there is gonna come a playable Borg Ship. In other news, the next intel ship will be the cross-faction Gingerbread Heavy Intel Cruiser. We'll also see the addition of the winter chef to each Voyager (2410) edition. Winter Epohhs will be seen invading each Fleet Embassy. And the Breen will become a playable faction, coming in early February.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    I thought the prevalent rumor was that we were getting the Breen Sarr Theln due to the slip-up in patch notes regarding fighters a while back mentioning the Bleth Chaos fighters.

Plus the Breen set info. Plus a handful of other sources.

We're getting a new Breen T6 carrier.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014

*reads OP*

...lolwut?
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,767 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can we get borg snowmen BOFFs ......... i need them for....... fighting borg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well the whole Cooperative Thing I agree with ... if there's going to be another "Faction"-Addon, I'm gonna bet my money on Cooperative in the DQ ... (I think it's a horrible idea btw, but what isn't these days)

... even if most players would prefer Cardassians (like myself) I don't think Cryptic really cares ... they did a Voyager - DQ - Poll long ago ... Krenim won with a landslide victory, Vaud'waar far far behind and not even 2nd ... yet no Krenim at all, and Vaud'waar as the new bad guy ...

-> not sure what's the connection to this year's WW, though ...
    The Vaadwaur weren't even on the poll, probably because Cryptic was already planning to make them a major baddie.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Vaadwaur weren't even on the poll, probably because Cryptic was already planning to make them a major baddie.

Just checked you're right ... yet we got Malon, Kazon, Hierarchy ...

sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835111&page=72

... guess "holding back" Krenim as the next baddy isn't out of the question ... but given DR the Poll is still kind of weird in retrospect, why offer it in the first place, if they're already planning years ahead ... just to release the already planned Baddie + the least favorite ones ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • sesshoseki7sesshoseki7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's pretty much a certainty that it's the Breen Sarr Theln Carrier as there was a slip-up on Tribble basically showing it on a console listing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L93wP9Fxm0

You can actually see the name listed quite prominently along side the other very well known Breen ships, which are the perennial winter-event grand prizes, and last but not least is the Sarr Theln [T6]...

I don't want to get overly excited until we get some stats to work with, but I do think there is some considerable potential there...
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Irony is that most Carrier's have been rendered useless from the recent update. The only ones to escape are the JHDC and the Scimitar (ok half-carrier I know) as they are capable even without their pets...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Forget that, I want a Borg snowman ship.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    Last known transmission from Borg Snowman Ship Zero-Zero-One:
    "Solar mass detected. Slowing to BBZZT*E&Errr....p..ppfttt...*"
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    varekraith wrote: »

If you approach that practically, isn't that just Breen tech?

Spoilers? Will we finally see what's under the helmet, only to be met with a frosty coal-dotted grin?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have Hippy, Epohh-licking Romulans led by a man that is begging forgiveness of their Vulcan Fathers and forsaking the sacrifices and accomplishments of the Romulan people.

We have KDF, Starfleet, Romulan starship captains flying Non-Faction ships.

We have the Federation, Klingon Empire, Federation v2.0, *I mean* "Romulan Republic" in a Three Way Happy Alliance. Makes it easier to ignore Non-Fed POV mission writing that involves more than changing "Admiral" to "General" and make a mission suddenly "Klingon" in theme.

We have playable Species 8472 Bioships.

Considering the jackassery going on in STO... why not have playable Borg and Borg ships?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have Hippy, Epohh-licking Romulans led by a man that is begging forgiveness of their Vulcan Fathers and forsaking the sacrifices and accomplishments of the Romulan people.

We have KDF, Starfleet, Romulan starship captains flying Non-Faction ships.

We have the Federation, Klingon Empire, Federation v2.0, *I mean* "Romulan Republic" in a Three Way Happy Alliance. Makes it easier to ignore Non-Fed POV mission writing that involves more than changing "Admiral" to "General" and make a mission suddenly "Klingon" in theme.

We have playable Species 8472 Bioships.

Considering the jackassery going on in STO... why not have playable Borg and Borg ships?

Because just the thought of it will bring out the end-game Connie folks like locusts.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Because just the thought of it will bring out the end-game Connie folks like locusts.

;)

So what's new?

It is the carrier, I'm pretty convinced at this point. Which is good, I have no interest in carriers so I don't need to grind for it.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Since the first winter event with the first Breen ship we had a discussion in our fleet. Because alien ships in starfleet is some players not Star Trek enough. In this discussion i said, that the moment where players can fly borg ships/cubes i would left the game, because then this game hasn't enough Star Trek for me anymore.

A lot of fleet members have left the game since the first winter event. Not because the Breen ships, there were other reasons. ;) But the moment where earth orbit is full with cubes, i go into retirement... a nice house on Bajor i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    So what's new?

It is the carrier, I'm pretty convinced at this point. Which is good, I have no interest in carriers so I don't need to grind for it.

Maybe. Depends on the Starship Trait once that is revealed. After all, it's just one PvE race a day on your main to collect the 1000 Q-Pics for the discount and one race for each alt. Thank Q the discount setup was implemented before the recent alt "unfriendly" changes. :P

So... Starship Trait. Free. Just for shooting stuff in a Breen Carrier for a bit. Might not help if you're dealing with a Fed captain and bought the Ops Pack, but given the dearth of options for KDF/Rom captains this thing is a godsend. Erm, Qsend. Whatever.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In Priority One Podcast Ep 197, they interview lead writer Christine Kestrel Thompson. She comments about how, when choosing which DQ species to cover, they had to leave out some favorites because they didn't have time to do them right, so they got shelved for future episodes. I suspect that's what happened to the Krenim.

That or Kurtwood "Dumbass" Smith wasn't available for VO work...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock