• Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BOOM head shot!!
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    totaly agree with the author on the whole T5U and T6 mess...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly, it's an accurate description.
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There should have been a free T6 ship, that way you could play it and decide for yourself if you wanted a fancier $30 ship.

There should also have been an in-game way to upgrade a ship, say a side mission chain. There's no way I'll ever feel good about paying twice for an endgame ship, or anything really.

The rest can be fixed over time but I doubt they'll change this stuff.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I agree with the article, but the author has barely scratched the surface with the issues currently facing the game.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with some points, but remember this:

1.- There where no upgrade in 4 years, so we are in a transition mode.

2.- Balancing and adjusting requires time, with a game of this size, its a lot of time.

3.- The prices of R&D will be lowered next week, so one part of the R&D and upgrade is covered and adjusted.

I think that upgrade will be revised next, to lewer the costs a little, asi it is now, is kind of expensive, but only requires adjustments.

The level cap requires some adjustment also, as is slower to get to the 60's, but they are fixing that also.

The problem with the optional in the queues??, god, thats a real problem... hope they fix that soon..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, the game's pretty much a mess right now. They tried to do too many things all at once and ended up doing none of them very well. I felt that the author went a bit easy on them, but I do appreciate that it wasn't rage-y.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's one of the funniest articles I've read...I definitely got a good laugh out of it.

I mean, honestly, the author both states that the game was balanced and not balanced prior to Delta Rising...so which was it? Well, each was brought up, regardless of how he contradicted himself, as needed as a basis to support something else he was saying. So as long as you didn't read the entire article, only snippets - he fully supported what he was saying - otherwise he disproved what he was suggesting.

Comparing the glacial pace of something that's not been out two months to the four years getting - just contradictory nonsense out the wahzoo.

Complaining about the gain of a T6 boat to a T5-U boat...a 10 console T5-U boat will cost somewhere between 2500-3200 Zen compared to the 3000 Zen for a T6 boat. 2500 to 3000 Zen if you buy a 4 pack of upgrades or 2700 to 3200 if you buy a single upgrade.

If the article hadn't been such a major laughgasm, I'd probably be complaining that I wish I had the time back from reading it...

...it's the kind of incoherent garbage one would expect from General Discussion.

I would have loved to have read a good article ripping into Cryptic for some of the TRIBBLE with Delta Rising...but hey, this article was entertaining in its own right.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    gaevsman wrote: »
    , but they are fixing that also.

Sorry but there wouldn't be any need to fix anything, if cryptic had left well enough alone. They could have simply scaled the requirement for gaining spec points after 60 to match with what people we earning before DR. But oh no some douche decided that people were pushing the level caps to quickly for their liking and look at what's hit the fan as a result!
    I would have loved to have read a good article ripping into Cryptic for some of the TRIBBLE with Delta Rising..

Well we have P1's 200th episode to look froward since Geko's going to be in it. Just hope that P1 have the back bone to ask some serious questions and make Geko sweat a little.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good article, and featured on the front page as well. Can't really argue with the points being bought up. I suppose that is the result of pushing through such changes too quickly.

Stuff is being tweaked, but a good revision of everything would be a good thing to do at this point. The issue is it's probably beyond the scope of the team responsible to do it all in one season.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's one of the funniest articles I've read...I definitely got a good laugh out of it.

I mean, honestly, the author both states that the game was balanced and not balanced prior to Delta Rising...so which was it? Well, each was brought up, regardless of how he contradicted himself, as needed as a basis to support something else he was saying. So as long as you didn't read the entire article, only snippets - he fully supported what he was saying - otherwise he disproved what he was suggesting.

Comparing the glacial pace of something that's not been out two months to the four years getting - just contradictory nonsense out the wahzoo.

Complaining about the gain of a T6 boat to a T5-U boat...a 10 console T5-U boat will cost somewhere between 2500-3200 Zen compared to the 3000 Zen for a T6 boat. 2500 to 3000 Zen if you buy a 4 pack of upgrades or 2700 to 3200 if you buy a single upgrade.

If the article hadn't been such a major laughgasm, I'd probably be complaining that I wish I had the time back from reading it...

...it's the kind of incoherent garbage one would expect from General Discussion.

I would have loved to have read a good article ripping into Cryptic for some of the TRIBBLE with Delta Rising...but hey, this article was entertaining in its own right.

What would you write, complaining is easy, problem solving is the real challenge.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well you can only fit so many problems on to 1 page...

But yeah kind of surprising since I actually believe the game is doing great.
    At least doing great in terms of dil scammed away from the whales by selling the emperor's clothes.

I am still pretty sure the whales are out there upgrading for 5 million dil per ship and playing them 800 story missions.

Hard to disagree with anything from the article but I will add that the conflict having to balance t5 with t6 doesn't do anything to account for them nerfing the leveling experience and nerfing dil and nerfing EC.

That's just straight up trying to rob your players with no reasoning or balancing, just pure thievery
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    Sorry but there wouldn't be any need to fix anything, if cryptic had left well enough alone. They could have simply scaled the requirement for gaining spec points after 60 to match with what people we earning before DR. But oh no some douche decided that people were pushing the level caps to quickly for their liking and look at what's hit the fan as a result!

Yeah, but we did level fast, we still level fast to level 50!... less than a day you can level your char to 50... and thats the problem, it always where fast, too fast :(

Anyway, they are fixing it :)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I thought the author was pretty restrained tbh, could have been a whole lot worse for Cryptic, nonetheless I am sure they won't like reading this and perhaps it will be the kick up the jacksey they need to sort stuff out.

I agree with this assessment of the article. Massively had a good chance to poke fun at the stupid mistakes PWE has made and didn't take it when they should have. A company being embarrassed by the media is a good way to get the much needed attention to stuff that needs the attention. Queues for example.

Optionals that are objectives. This is really confusing for players who are either new or have been away for a long time. If it says optional, then a team should not fail the mission if they don't complete that portion of the mission. Is it really hard to correct some text in the mission for Advanced and Elite? :mad:

T6 being so poorly thought out really needed to go into more specifics. I did however like the job at how they have had four years to figure this stuff out. FOUR YEARS and yet, we got something that seems like it was whipped up by a bunch of drunkin' monkeys the night before it went live. :P

Don't even get me started on the tons of new bugs introduced and the countless nerfs to just about everything to drive players away from any sort of enjoyment from playing this game.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am sure they won't like reading this and perhaps it will be the kick up the jacksey they need to sort stuff out.

Sadly, I doubt it.

Looking at the number of T6 ships I see flying around (mine included) I think they're going to look at the money they made and just continue to call it 'a success.'

I expect them to fix very little, while continuously releasing more and more T6 ships over the next year. They will grab all the cash they can and then probably shut it down.

It just feels like the direction is focused more on getting people to purchase something then quit then it about actually fixing the game.

We'll see what they do, but right now their total silence on every major issue doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly, it's an accurate description.

Starfish i gladly enjoy your videos keep the work good.:o
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    What would you write, complaining is easy, problem solving is the real challenge.

That's kind of the issue - complaining should be easy, but so many people TRIBBLE it up. The solution for that is an investment in the education system that actually tries to educate people rather than just function as day care through part of their lives.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2014

https://hippiereviewsstuff.wordpress.com/

Challenge accepted.
    Figured I'd review it, rather than just complaining.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Uhh ohh. See? Well cryptic you better do something fast... Word is getting out. Once IGN and Gamespot start talking, it could be over. No more "Greatest expansion ever" lies. Gaming sites are on you ;).

STO is one big cluster #%#@... I'm trying to enjoy what's still fun. This can be fixed, but I don't know where to start :(. May the force be with the Devs. If you're going to fire someone PWE-- Start at the top. Don't let the little guys go... Who ever is leading need to go. Do it like the Japanese.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They cant fix it. The core problems of the game are part of the DNA. Leveling is unecessary and a design crutch, trying to manage it led to all of the problems in DR, but they wont get rid of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They cant fix it. The core problems of the game are part of the DNA. Leveling is unecessary and a design crutch, trying to manage it led to all of the problems in DR, but they wont get rid of it.

A design crutch? It's a core feature of the genre. If people do not want to play a certain type of game, then they should not play that type of game.
    hippiejon wrote: »
    https://hippiereviewsstuff.wordpress.com/

Challenge accepted.
    Figured I'd review it, rather than just complaining.

And while I didn't necessarily agree with everything you said there, you definitely get all sorts of mad props for actually writing out a well thought out review - it's a stellar example of how the flow and coherence of a review piece should go...while the massively article was just lolwut.
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ouch.... can't really argue that article..

I've been playing STO off and on since you had to buy it off the shelves, when PvP wasn't just relevant, but the Klingon faction’s primary level-gaining model. I came back shortly after the release of Legend of Romulus, in my mind the best expansion to date, and have played through the new Delta Rising and have capped at 60 on two characters, Fed and Rom. The game isn't just a mess right now. It's a hot, steaming pile of mess that's SO fubar I don't see it getting fixed any time soon.

PvP is dead. Pointless, messed up and dead. For all sense and purpose STO is pretty much purely a PvE game. This I do not mind as I often play solo and don’t care for PvP. However, this also creates an issue when Cryptic’s nerfhammer comes down and heavily neuters players’ abilities, damage and level gain. In a PvP game this would make some sense but in a PvE game it makes absolutely none. What would it matter to me if someone else has far superior DPS than myself? It doesn’t affect my game in the least so… why tweak it at all? And this issue is merely the tip of a massive iceberg of complaints since the new expansion. There are the mem leaks, significant lag spikes, random disconnects and many issues that were fixed in previous patches that suddenly have reared their ugly heads again and for whatever reason, Cryptic seems incapable of fixing them. Unless you are running a system well above the recommended for the game you most likely will experience one or more of these issues during gameplay.

STO is broken. Plain and simple. Worse, Cryptic continues to break it, almost as if they no longer wish to manage the game but contractually can’t just walk away from it, so they are going out of their way to force an exodus of players via broken content and rampant bugs. This is a shame because STO is the only franchise-based game for the Star Trek universe. It is sad to see it so mishandled and trashed. I fear it will struggle to compete with the other similar games coming out in early 2015 such as Firefly Online, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A design crutch? It's a core feature of the genre. If people do not want to play a certain type of game, then they should not play that type of game.
    You get to 14k posts just by slapping reply without reading? Let me post again:

Core problems are part of the DNA
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You get to 14k posts just by slapping reply without reading? Let me post again:

Nah, got there mainly by posting things to help folks out. Though unfortunately, a sizable chunk of late has been from replying to idiots.
    Core problems are part of the DNA

So which part of if you don't like a core feature of a genre then perhaps you shouldn't play games in that genre went over your head?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So which part of if you don't like a core feature of a genre then perhaps you shouldn't play games in that genre went over your head?

Was the review about problems with me playing or with schizophrenia induced by added levels?
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any one else wont to bet that massively never ever get a interview with a dev ever again.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As Smirk pointed out in another thread, they never had so much press coverage.
    He never mentioned if it was good or bad press coverage :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]