test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Levelling Sucks.

13»

Comments

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not about rushing to 60, it's about what is unlocked for the player at 60 is really just nothing. The next 50 levels after 60 for the spec points which people may think are minor, well they aren't. In a competitive situation like PvP (if it ever works properly again) every little percentage point matters. It's not as simple as PvE where everything is about DPS, in PvP there maximising your build is the first part to getting ahead of the the competition. If you have all the spec points levelled out, all the Space Rep's and all the gear, you have a large advantage over others.

If all you are doing is playing story missions and other more mundane aspects of the game, then Mk 12 Blue's are max for anything at normal difficulty for lvl 60.

The people who are complaining tend to be those who do work to max out their builds for their chosen elements they play, hence when you have an enforced delay in that via level gates that are imbalanced, costs that are excessively high (check the prices of a Mk 14 VR beam array with preferable stats like [CrtD]x3 [Pen] or [CrtD]x4) for upgrading along with nearly everything being a lottery. It's enough to get people wondering why they bother with the game at all.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2014
    Taw Dawa - Japori Patrol:
    Will net you a cool 1200XP or so, for less then 5mins, and 3 anaomolies to scan.
    That's what I've been doing when "Stuck" between levels...

Or a couple hours in The Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone.

do 1 argula level 52 and you wont do another Japori............Ever
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    It's not about rushing to 60, it's about what is unlocked for the player at 60 is really just nothing. The next 50 levels after 60 for the spec points which people may think are minor, well they aren't. In a competitive situation like PvP (if it ever works properly again) every little percentage point matters. It's not as simple as PvE where everything is about DPS, in PvP there maximising your build is the first part to getting ahead of the the competition. If you have all the spec points levelled out, all the Space Rep's and all the gear, you have a large advantage over others.

If all you are doing is playing story missions and other more mundane aspects of the game, then Mk 12 Blue's are max for anything at normal difficulty for lvl 60.

The people who are complaining tend to be those who do work to max out their builds for their chosen elements they play, hence when you have an enforced delay in that via level gates that are imbalanced, costs that are excessively high (check the prices of a Mk 14 VR beam array with preferable stats like [CrtD]x3 [Pen] or [CrtD]x4) for upgrading along with nearly everything being a lottery. It's enough to get people wondering why they bother with the game at all.

actually that is unlocked at lv50 as that's when you start earning points towards your specialization tree it just continues past lv60.
    you get your first 10 specialization points between lv50 and lv60 and that continues on for the next 50 levels.
    but I thought the OP question was not about specialization but about levelling up to lv60, if his question was regarding a rush towards maxing his specialization tree that would have been a different matter.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »

I tend to agree that the new reputation system is bad for PvP. It's not really talked about much, strangely enough.

Unfortunately, if you'd want to make the system more PvP friendly... well, you'd have to remove most of the abilities, or make the number of abilities you can have active at the same time much smaller.

For PVE however, I think it's really just something neat that happens instead of nothing. Because that is exactly what would have happened if this was just an increase of the level cap. You make 10 levels, and then your skill points are useless again. And in that regard, it seems odd that people won't realize that a progress bar that doesn't move at all is worse than a slow moving progress bar.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I suggest having a wife, girlfriend, family member or other trusted person on standby with a frying pan, baseball bat or some such blunt instrument to club you around the head hard enough to make you forget the last 50 runs.
    This process only has a limited scope, but you may well make 60 :p
    I'm sorry I jest, but yes it is VERY tedious levelling past 50/60 now, especially after the story, unless you hammer the patrols and doffing and I feel your pain.

BEST technique ever!!!
    DUwNP.gif

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tend to agree that the new reputation system is bad for PvP. It's not really talked about much, strangely enough..

It has done wonderful things for PvPs...there was a very small number of PvPers in the past...now they have become an EXTINCT species...they should just put them to their misery and close down the PvP forums. Those were hit the hardest by DR leveling TRIBBLE.
    DUwNP.gif

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is there any easy way to level without running 50+ Argala runs to get even half way up the bar?

It's infuriating! Any tips please?

Make sure your doff assignments are always filled.
    Play any content you like and switch content to prevent a sense of grind.

As long as you play and have fun the levels will come. On Kobali there are rewarding dailies and the first missions on kobali are short so they give relatively high rewards.

Otherwise do some foundry, do some voth BZ, rampage on nukara and/or New Romulus but whatever you do have fun.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    do 1 argula level 52 and you wont do another Japori............Ever

Ill try that thank you.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg