Plz bring fun back, thx

hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
All I ask.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hatchetl4d on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We don't need fun... We need to be engaged and entertained...

Fun is when you sit around and laugh.

Engaged is when you sit, biting your nails, worring if what you do is the right thing, and just waiting for the outcome of your decision.
    Or when you don't know what to expect around the corner.

Cryptic was doing very well on this, right up to the last episode of the Solonae dysonssphere, but went back to the "kill 5 enemies" model with DR.
    The STF's and the Queued missions were engaging until you've played through them and found the one right strat.

I don't need fun... I just want excitement...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rogerthelegendrogerthelegend Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Patch, November 28th, 2014

Re-Added:
    -Fun

A better thing to ask, what IS fun in this game? Tell everyone THAT instea dof just "Fun"
    What if I said, I actually liked Delta Rising
    These are the voyages of The U.S.S. Shadow Serpent, its ongoing mission, to enlist more misfits to its crazy crew, and to boldly destroy what has never been destroyed before
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I find this very engaging/exciting/entertaining/funny: r&d, upgrades, empty queues, rep, T6 lockbox ships, prices, optional fail timers, pug fail, hp monsters, 27 intrepid versions... Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Why do you think there are horror movies? Or Romantic movies for that matter?
    Those aren't fun... They do however (on occasion) entertain and engage people.

You can only eat cake for so long, before you want some meat... Laughing for a day or two will just become to uniform in the long run.

Not everything has to offer instant rewards, as long as the process to the reward is just as interesting as the results.

I DO agree that we aren't there ATM, but that dosen't mean that the current systems can't be adjusted.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    YES! Please Please PLEASE BRING BACK THE FUN!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    MMO's aren't like cakes. They are more like pies. And pies can be savory or sweet, deep dish or neapolitan, vegetarian or meat, main course or dessert, breakfast, lunch or dinner, with an infinite number of fillings and/or toppings. You can eat pie for every meal, every day and never tire because of the variety. :)

Now I'm just hungry. Thanks a lot :(
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coming soon in next lockbox
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Patch, November 28th, 2014

Re-Added:
    -Fun

A better thing to ask, what IS fun in this game? Tell everyone THAT instea dof just "Fun"

More like nerf
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fun is OP, plz nerf.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    We don't need fun... We need to be engaged and entertained...

Engaged is when you sit, biting your nails, worring if what you do is the right thing, and just waiting for the outcome of your decision.
    Or when you don't know what to expect around the corner.

That is pretty much every player's position when they log into STO, these days.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited November 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    That is pretty much every player's position when they log into STO, these days.. ;)

What? ... ...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    What? ... ...

He means that each day we sit biting our nails waiting the next nerf that gets decided upon @ Cryptic's meetings .

^^^ that is out new "daily excitement..." :o

... and many of the things that prevent 'fun' from happening were listed in the 4th post ...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Our metrics have shown that the amount of 'fun' emitting from STO was putting a severe strain on our servers and low spec user systems. We have also received complaints from new players that they regularly get lost in all the 'fun' and forget to do their housework, mow the lawn, etc. In addition, we have come to the conclusion that 'fun' in STO was taking an additional 47 MB of download space - which must be the main reason new people are not downloading the game, since DR is the best expansion in the history of the universe, evar!

Therefore, in order to improve the overall quality of the game and for better customer experience, we have removed all 'fun' from the game permanently. We hope you enjoy the changes.

Warmest regards,

=Cryptic Ministry of Truth=
    HQroeLu.jpg