test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intel/Trait disables have no counter.

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Did some testing earlier today and saturday night, Intelligence Team, Sci Team, Eng Team- none of these powers counteract the disable from the Benthan starship trait or any of the disables from the intel ships. Additionally, those disables bypass all resistances and immunities to disables- it doesn't matter how many points in inertial dampers a target has, the disables will affect them purely based on the attacker's points in decompilers and whatever the native length of the effect is.

Similarly, Auxillary to Inertial Dampers and similar powers which read "Immune to disable" grant no immunity to these powers.

I know that the intel stuff is supposed to encourage players to change up their game, but this is pretty ridiculous. There are no working counters to these skills and abilities, and they've basically killed PVP at the high level.

You guys really need to go in and look at these powers and their effects and revamp them so they aren't totally unresistable like they currently are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    surgical strike as a legit cheat what killed pvp imo

i hope it will be nerfed or much better, wiped completely out of the game after ~everyone~ bought it //and thinks now they are good//

or we are facing a rather boring but first of all dead pvp era
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree OP

Nothing sucks the FUN out of PVP more then being a sitting duck for 10 secs, while the jerk (who disabled you from cloak) has all the time in the world to lineup and blow you to smitherines at his leisure.

The other day I was disabled in Ker'rat, from a cloaked Feaht (spelling?) he had time for a torp skill... AND THEN HE HAD TIME TO REVERSE and lined up a CRF ! WTF !!! D:

And I had to painfully watch (for 10 seconds) as this dork reversed back into position, and opened up a full volley of CRF on me.

I died needless to say.

Sounds like fun right ? Helplessly watching as a poor pilot takes his sweet time finishing you off.
    Yeah.

I'll give it another month or so until a nerf comes. But if not, Im done with PvP, and possibly with STO altogether.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    LOL... So that's the "AFK bomb"... I was wondering about that. It's funny...

Trait/power should read: This forces a player to AFK for 10+ seconds... It's like someone takes my controller/Keyboard/mouse and runs outside... I just sit there and look... Nothing I can do. :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    surgical strike as a legit cheat what killed pvp imo

i hope it will be nerfed or much better, wiped completely out of the game after ~everyone~ bought it //and thinks now they are good//

or we are facing a rather boring but first of all dead pvp era

I made a post about this.. from what im seeing testing surgical strike, is that it buffs your basedamage by appr. 2.7times... allthough i cant see in its tooltip that it should do anything with your base damage at all.. as i understand the tooltip, it should only add a buff to accuracy and critical chance.

And to the OP. The disables are just silly, no games should have anything within its mechanics that cannot be countered.. or removed..

Being chained disabled with ionic and viral torp is just annoying...also whats the point of creating stuff like that.. makes viral matrix and all other types of disable skills obsolete to a point of waste of slots... silly silly silly...
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    pewpewphazorspewpewphazors Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree OP

Nothing sucks the FUN out of PVP more then being a sitting duck for 10 secs, while the jerk (who disabled you from cloak) has all the time in the world to lineup and blow you to smitherines at his leisure.

The other day I was disabled in Ker'rat, from a cloaked Feaht (spelling?) he had time for a torp skill... AND THEN HE HAD TIME TO REVERSE and lined up a CRF ! WTF !!! D:

And I had to painfully watch (for 10 seconds) as this dork reversed back into position, and opened up a full volley of CRF on me.

I died needless to say.

Sounds like fun right ? Helplessly watching as a poor pilot takes his sweet time finishing you off.
    Yeah.

I'll give it another month or so until a nerf comes. But if not, Im done with PvP, and possibly with STO altogether.

If you had it bad, I had it worse. The same guy defeated me continuously for over an hour when I was stuck in kerrat and trying to make the most out of being stuck there. I thought he would get bored of using stuff that has no counter eventually and really challege himself but nope, blue cloud of death everytime. After the 4th or 5th time it just turned into comedy
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The thing is, Ionic isn't even supposed to disable. It's supposed to 'disable movement', which should be a movement debuff. Instead it's a disable because whoever coded it either made a mistake or wasn't paying attention. It's not supposed to lock you out of everything at all.

Unfortunately, for all the devs 'we care, we care' statements, they haven't done much of 'caring' about these issues that are seriously impacting gameplay.

This is a problem even if you yourself are flying an intel/t6 ship because none of the intel skills work to counter these disables, because Cryptic so lovingly made them bypass all the counters.

Apparently for some of them (vadwaur gravitic anchor) this is intentional, but I'm wondering if it was accidental/lazy coding (not lazy as in the devs are lazy, lazy as in time saving not properly checked out coding).

IMO the best thing they could do for pvp balance- and would make them lots of money- would be to make all T5U ships have an LT hybrid slot. That would at least mean that older ships are somewhat viable, and can have access to Intel team to counter some of this nonsense. But obviously that doesn't fix the underlying bugs.
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...from a cloaked Feaht (spelling?)

It's actually "Faehht" with two H's.
    Yeah, Cryptic mispelled the Romulan word for "Secret".

(It actually matters in this situation as it affects the pronunciation.)
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    >ionic
    illcadia wrote: »
    but I'm wondering if it was accidental/lazy coding

i kinda believe it was very much intentional as lots of "exploiters" are biting (pay gladly) for such legit option alongside with surgical strike

even if its "just" temporary, until (if at all) criptic announce these were "not intended" (ofc it was) and fix it

i believe the only question is if its going to be addressed after that slight group of interest (exploiters) are done purchasing (paying)
  • Options
    hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are counters to the Ionic Turbulence disable, but you need to take action VERY FAST. If you hit Evasive Maneuvers, 5km trajector core jump, or rock & roll as soon as the cloud forms (you have maybe 1 second at most), you can get clear of the hazard area and avoid the disable, or at the very least you'll be clear of it after only a couple of seconds of being disabled... not ideal, but it works. It does surprise me that neither Engineering Team nor Intelligence Team is able to clear those disables though.

There are probably other counters, like Impulse Capacitance Burst or anything that gets you moving quickly or teleports you clear, but I haven't tested any others.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    The thing is, Ionic isn't even supposed to disable. It's supposed to 'disable movement', which should be a movement debuff. Instead it's a disable because whoever coded it either made a mistake or wasn't paying attention. It's not supposed to lock you out of everything at all.

Unfortunately, for all the devs 'we care, we care' statements, they haven't done much of 'caring' about these issues that are seriously impacting gameplay.

This is a problem even if you yourself are flying an intel/t6 ship because none of the intel skills work to counter these disables, because Cryptic so lovingly made them bypass all the counters.

Apparently for some of them (vadwaur gravitic anchor) this is intentional, but I'm wondering if it was accidental/lazy coding (not lazy as in the devs are lazy, lazy as in time saving not properly checked out coding).

IMO the best thing they could do for pvp balance- and would make them lots of money- would be to make all T5U ships have an LT hybrid slot. That would at least mean that older ships are somewhat viable, and can have access to Intel team to counter some of this nonsense. But obviously that doesn't fix the underlying bugs.

don't drive me nuts lol... ur sure about the disable part on ionic? then it pretty much sounds like a bad done copy/paste job based on the first version of the subspace integration circuit console (aka "black poo") :mad:...

we already started to make suggestions on how to alter it in the pvp-forum, but in the case it's just bugged i'd really just liked to see it gettin fixed!

link to the op of that thread with a scary assumption and everything ontopic out of that thread
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    hawkrunner wrote: »
    There are counters to the Ionic Turbulence disable, but you need to take action VERY FAST. If you hit Evasive Maneuvers, 5km trajector core jump, or rock & roll as soon as the cloud forms (you have maybe 1 second at most), you can get clear of the hazard area and avoid the disable, or at the very least you'll be clear of it after only a couple of seconds of being disabled... not ideal, but it works. It does surprise me that neither Engineering Team nor Intelligence Team is able to clear those disables though.

There are probably other counters, like Impulse Capacitance Burst or anything that gets you moving quickly or teleports you clear, but I haven't tested any others.

by the time i see any graphical sign of ionic usage im already disabled. heck i do get disabled first and only afterwards i see the clouds and all forming

i rather hear something unusual beforhand, or mostly that hes buffing up all-in style which marks theres sumthing funky stuff going on

nontheless it aint helps when to hit the "escape button" because if u hit it to early he just gonna wait a bit more than puts u in afk mode
    -or-
    its already late because you cant activate anything under the "afk-bomb"
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ionic Turbulence
    - Flies toward target Foe's current location (they can get away before it detonates)
    - The "Out Of Control" effect is an unresistable Hold/Repel. It cannot be cleansed or removed while in effect, and resistances will not reduce its duration. The true counter to this, is to navigate out of the hazard cloud.

So anyway. I think that if they removed the bit where it follows you around till it detonates it would be 'working as intended'. Sort of like the spatial charge launcher does.

So it's bugged or they changed its functionality.
  • Options
    seanhazz1seanhazz1 Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2014
    Just wondering, I haven't encountered this issue yet, as work has taken my in-game time, but does running a copy of APO counter this? The tooltip for the APO ability directly counters this effect. There is also a specialization ability under pilot tab (Reckless Abandon) that counters it according to tooltip.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thissler wrote: »

So it's bugged or they changed its functionality.

somehow i have a feeling both is true lol... they may just forgot to tell us about :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    as i see several dev-posts "investigating this or that", i'd really liked to see one on this matter and what is now actually about the probably (to me obviously) bugged ionic turbulence...

in short:

- what about the chasing effect?

- what about the disabling effect?

as said, it seems (at least to me, can't speak for others) like a copy/paste job of the first release version of the subspace integration circuit, which already almost killed pvp off once before. regarding the dev post that explained it (i guess pre-delta-rising) both effects are unintended!

however, if intended or not, may visit the op/thread linked in the first post (#11) of this page. thx.