test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian - What are the thoughts on the ship?

2»

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah. The Eclipse looks even more Stargazer / Constellation-ish if you put the Phantom nacelles on it.

I have one character using the Guardian at the moment, but not sure if I will stick with it after mastery. It's an Engineer character I brought over from an Excelsior Retrofit, and I have tried to turn the Guardian into a BFAW +Threat damage sponge. Which isn't exactly what you'd probably do with it as a Tac.

I'm running it with a Fleet Embassy +Threat +Plasma console, three Fleet Neutronium Armor consoles, and 8x retro phaser arrays.... using boffs and my captain's engineer skills to attract and sponge enemy damage, so my teammates can do interacts (Borg Disconnected, Azure Nebula Rescue being two of my favorite PVEs.)

I've put my Fed Eng into the Guardian now too....it definitely equips out well as a damage sponge..... running mostly fleet armor eng consoles on it, but have some which are +turn plus a fleet RCS with +HP so mine is actually pretty maneuverable.... can dish out some damage and just does not die.... last borg disconnected got caught between two cubes right on my slying between them when I popped both while BFAW and barely was scratched... I'm actually starting to like it.

Though I did come from a Gal-X on this toon and it's layout is VERY similar.
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love that both ships, the Eclipse and the Guardian, are looked on favourably. I've been flying the Eclipse for a little while and quite like it. I'll try out the Guardian soon, as it looks recognisably more Starfleet. Nice to hear it can act the part, too.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I finally got around to taking my hideously ugly Phantom out and leveling it up for the Trait..

After adding the Reciprocity Trait to my Guardian it's now a total beast. All the versatility of a non Aux2Bat build but with the global cooldowns I was used to from my A2B days.:D

Honestly, you can't go wrong with the Guardian or the Eclipse.. they're the best 2 Fed Cruisers by a wide margin. Which one you go with is personal preference, I like the more traditional look of the Guardian. I also really like the Guardian Console and the versatility of the Lt. Science Station. With Intel abilities, you can still deal high damage even with only 3 tac consoles and you can also blast Gravity Wells.

I have been very happy with the Guardian to this point. It's a great ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.