test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect example of Cryptic's lack of communication

mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
I am more of a fanboy than a whiner but I think Cryptic lives in their own little galaxy.

No explanation whatsoever? C'mon.
Post edited by mirrorterran on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it was explained in the launcher.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014

No, it says to come to the forums for more information (the explanation) and there is nothing here at all from them EXPLAINING what's up like they promised in that same brief message that you mention.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    No, it says to come to the forums for more information (the explanation) and there is nothing here at all from them EXPLAINING what's up like they promised in that same brief message that you mention.

perhaps they were hoping that one of us would start a rumour that it's an account rollback?

more likely someone finally explained math to gecko and they went "oh ****." and went back to fix it.

or most likely, it's related to ARC's wallet thing which was emailed to us.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dead horse.
    Trollrage.
    /thread over
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014

While the launcher mentioned the maintenance, the same message also said we should check the forum for more information. No further information given on the forum = another example of Cryptic's lack of communication with their customers.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Have to admit when they say, See the Forums, people come and there's no mention of anything regardless of what it is....that's a failure to communicate AND follow through.

maybe trendy's too busy?
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maybe trendy's too busy?

She and smirk are community managers. How are the managing the community if they don't communicate with us?:confused:
  • Options
    maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, it could be more nicer of them, if they would keep on the top of the forum page - thread about server maintenace. Otherwise I am browsing in forum to search up a correct thread indeed. :)
    When You observe, learn from it.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maybe trendy's too busy?

yeah maybe but if shes so busy it must sure not be doing her job which is telling us.

We will be performing Account Server maintenance on 11/21/2014 from 7-9 AM PST (1500-1700 UTC). Please check the forums for more information
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited November 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    yeah maybe but if shes so busy it must sure not be doing her job which is telling us.

We will be performing Account Server maintenance on 11/21/2014 from 7-9 AM PST (1500-1700 UTC). Please check the forums for more information

Maybe she told us, while we sat with a confessional priest?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is no doubt that Smirk and Trendy, combined, do not equal a BranFlakes.

Smirk and Trendy seem to be 9-to-5, Monday thru Friday types. If something needs to be done outside of that time frame it just does not get done.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Smirk and Trendy seem to be 9-to-5, Monday thru Friday types. If something needs to be done outside of that time frame it just does not get done.
    Well.... the real diff is that they're shared with other games.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well.... the real diff is that they're shared with other games.
    Being shared does not change the fact that they do not tend to do things in their off hours.

Brandon could be at home at 11 PM but he would pop into the forum and give it a once-over before going to bed. Brandon would pop in on Saturday or Sunday to make sure things were going OK on the forum. He was not counting on the Mods to do all the heavy lifting.

Plus if STO is really that valuable to PW then it should have a dedicated CM. Let one or the other split their time between 2 games and let the other be the full-time CM for STO.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Yup, I remember meeting Branflakes in-game and getting a huge kick out of it.

That sort of thing would go a long way towards keeping people happy. However, I don't know what they are being told about what they are supposed to do or allowed to do so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe she needs to have 129,000 clicks before she can load the post button?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only lack of communication I see here is the OP failing to communicate what he's complaining about. :confused:
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only ever see Tacofangs ingame now. The rest are noticeably absent.

Smirk and Trendy are probably sharing makeup for their livestream anyway at the moment...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014
    you know we gave branflakes a hard time myself included

Frack we didn't know how good we had it did we :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    The only lack of communication I see here is the OP failing to communicate what he's complaining about. :confused:

actually right now it's obvious, as the game is down.
  • Options
    xanchaxancha Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    LMAO.........

ppl will rage on anything these days.

It is really funny to see all the rage. this action they are doing is not a reason to be mad about. if you cant live with out STO for a couple hours then there is a problem. It is just a game. lol
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    actually right now it's obvious, as the game is down.
    Well, now, seeing as I haven't tried to log in today I wouldn't know that.

Maybe somebody left a tribble unattended in the server farm.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Well, now, seeing as I haven't tried to log in today I wouldn't know that.

Maybe somebody left a tribble unattended in the server farm.

no, it's an account maintenance. They have done that in the past, but usually give an in-forum announcement.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    LoL I came into this board to post a topic about this too. It's ****ing idiotic posting this in the the launcher

And then you come to the forums, and there's nothing about it... Good work, good work!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    LoL I came into this board to post a topic about this too. It's ****ing idiotic posting this in the the launcher
    The Launcher is the only place where it is guaranteed to be seen by people going into the game. Only a very small percentage of players visit the forum - and even less visit the website.

The Launcher is the most logical place to put these announcements. And yes, it should have been on the forum too; but definitely the Launcher.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This 100% Boy oh boy I sure miss Branflakes he would have sent word right away. Sure wish PWI could convince him to come back :)
  • Options
    cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah well they should have said something besides Emergency Maintence.. Nothing on the Forums, nothing on Facebook and the in game announcement said the shard will be coming down. Since it said 7 am PST the shard came down ten min early and I was in the middle of a PvE:mad: Honestly they need to communicate better
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Notably, the guild portal servers are down as well without a comment from them either.

Maybe it's an industry-wide policy to not broadcast their own shortcomings.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xancha wrote: »
    LMAO.........

ppl will rage on anything these days.

It is really funny to see all the rage. this action they are doing is not a reason to be mad about. if you cant live with out STO for a couple hours then there is a problem. It is just a game. lol

it is really funnyl to see all this TRIBBLE from ppl like you... when someone doesnt think like you is in rage or something? why? cuz he/she asked a legit question?
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps