test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just how much more

2»

Comments

• lacustrislacustris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This was good, if only it had ended with the old Batman type closing..Will Lacustris get his ice cream? Will a ice cream headache end it all. Tune in next week to find out same Lacustris time same Lacustris channel

Lacustris: lol...A two-parter?

Lacustris: Oh! Reality TV show! "Me, myself and me" Starring Lacustris arguing with himself and then eating ice cream...

Lacustris: Hell yeah!

Lacustris: I mean, is there a "bad" idea for a reality TV show?

Lacustris: Not from what I've seen! LOL. Chest bump!

Lacustris: ...

Lacustris: C'mon dont leave me hangin'...

Lacustris: ... How?

Lacustris: LOL... What? Chest bump? You just... you know...

Lacustris: We cant chest bump... I think... I think I'm... you.

*bum bum buuuuum*

Lacustris: What? That's crazy!

Lacustris: No. Seriously. I'm you!

Lacustris: How? That's not possible!

Lacustris: Look at all the signs! [SHATNER] We.. Cant.. Chestbump! [/SHATNER]

Lacustris: We need to get to the lab!

Lacustris: To the Dorkmobile!

Lacustris: I'll drive!

Lacustris: Shotgun!

Lacustris: ...

Disembodied announcer voice: "Has Lacustris actually been Lacustris this whole time?! Has Lacustris just been playing with himself? Why do dudes like to chest-bump now-a-days?... Like seriously what's the deal with that? Tune in next week!"

You're right! That's better. :)
  • lacustrislacustris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains,

Many forum rules are being broken in this thread.

To avoid further moderation, please make sure your posts do not violate forum rules (no more flaming or vulgarity) or quote posts that do.

Thank you!

~ Bluegeek

Lacustris: Sorry Bluegeek...

Lacustris: Me too... :o
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As some know i recently quit STO that isnt in doubt nor is it the discussion of this thread.

I have made freinds ingame which some i still speak to and those also quit due to the BS that craptic keeps doing to the players 2 of my buds just stopped due to the ReReRerelease of the intrepid as a t-6 variant.

Now some of my freinds who i dont speak to now do read this forum and to you guys am i trying to reach .....just how much more are you guys going to stomach before youve had enough.

seriously guys this is never gonna get better cryptic has shown their hand and where this game is headed.

But in all honesty people LoR is where this game peaked it wont get as good as it was then STO is in decline and its obvious they relise this by the fleecing thats going on.

So not only do you guys my friends ingame that i cant contact now but the playerbase as a whole must ask themselves just how much more of this till youve had enough.

and if you can stomach this?! then ask yourself if this is still star trek and why your still playing a game that uis clearly not star trek and if your reason is because its trek....then you need to think it over.

anyways i do take friendship seriously and thats why i felt compelled to say something to try and reach those friends i no longer chat with.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

I cannot recall seeing so many insulting concepts and outright lies in a single post before.

Well done.

To summarize:

1) you believe your 'friends' are incompetent idiots, unable to make even basic decisions without you graciously telling them what to think.

Translation: You are yet another person who conflates your own opinion with fact. You know who else does that? Westboro Baptist Church.

2) you believe that you are 'friends' with people who you have no way to speak to except through this game.

Translation: Either these people are not your friends at all (every person I call friend in this game I communicate with OUTSIDE of STO) or you are simply using them as an excuse to troll.

3) You 'recently quit' STO yet you are still here making posts, on a forum that you have no clue if your 'friends' will read or not'

Translation : *sustained, hollow laughter*

GTFO. While I'm pretty sure very few here would disagree Cryptic / PWE is demonstrating leadership practices that can be called anything but acephalous, that doesn't mean we should be forced to read your badly written (and punctuated, and capitalized, and spelled) childish diatribes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll keep plugging away since I have a lifetime membership. Yeah, the game sucks, maybe it will be fixed in the next expansion. I only log in once a day to "grind" rep and crafting. The game is a complete Grindfest...
  • vehaveha Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you have played all missions in the foundry, leveled all 3 factions and arch-types to end game, and flown every ship in the game. Then you have played the game for well over 1 thousand hours. That is not bad for a MMO. They got your money and you got your game. Move on or wait for new content.

Don't complain on the forums how bored you and your *air quote* friends are. I really don't care.
  • vehaveha Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    @valoreah I stand corrected...I personally apologize to you for feeding the trolls.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Idk if you take frinedship seriously but some of us do and i wouldnt be a good friend if i didnt atleast try to point out to a friend that they are getting screwed over.

true friends tend to let their friends make their own mistakes but support them regardless of the decisions their friends make. If you had not spoken to them before you left and are not speaking now it doesnt seem that they were really friends but more acquaintances which we all make but only really last during gameplay for doing stuff in a game. I have a lot of such friends but I rarely make any real friends.. the kind that speak regardless of whether or not we play the same game we met in. It does happen but this is more rare those are the true friends though the others are just like minded people who you met did a few things with for a short time :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's important to understand that in an MMO, you do not buy stuff that lasts for a life time.

Buying a starship in STO is not like buying a house that, if all goes well, will last you your lifetime and maybe even be used by your kids.

That is because STO is also a game that needs to constantly maintained. A bunch of developers, QA testers and what-you-have needs to be paid on a monthly basis. Servers must be paid for. And the game also needs to make a profit, so that shareholders are happy with your company.

In the end, STO is for your entertainment. You usually have to regularly spend money on entertainment - cable fees, alcoholic beverages, books - even if the last beer you drank was perfect, you probably still need to pay for your next beer.

The thing to decide is:
    - What is your budget?
    - Do you actually get entertainment out of this budget, or are there better uses for your budget?

Knowing your budget for this can be quite important - people that spend 500 $ on master keys for example may realize that in the end, they could have gotten better entainment for that money. May - some may find it was still the better use.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains,

Many forum rules are being broken in this thread.

To avoid further moderation, please make sure your posts do not violate forum rules (no more flaming or vulgarity) or quote posts that do.

Thank you!

~ Bluegeek

Oh hush you.....just mentioning a certain Asian country is against the rules these days,and saying anything even remotely negative about that country or the people living there is considered 'racism'...talk about blowing things out of proportion,or reality for that matter.

To all the other people in this thread: I get what the OP is trying to say.His group of online friends is slowly falling apart because the thing that brought them together is falling apart,and he's trying to prevent that from happening in the only way he knows.

Whether you agree or not with the OP,the fact remains that DR has been detrimental to the social life in STO.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's important to understand that in an MMO, you do not buy stuff that lasts for a life time.

Buying a starship in STO is not like buying a house that, if all goes well, will last you your lifetime and maybe even be used by your kids.

That is because STO is also a game that needs to constantly maintained. A bunch of developers, QA testers and what-you-have needs to be paid on a monthly basis. Servers must be paid for. And the game also needs to make a profit, so that shareholders are happy with your company.

In the end, STO is for your entertainment. You usually have to regularly spend money on entertainment - cable fees, alcoholic beverages, books - even if the last beer you drank was perfect, you probably still need to pay for your next beer.

The thing to decide is:
    - What is your budget?
    - Do you actually get entertainment out of this budget, or are there better uses for your budget?

Knowing your budget for this can be quite important - people that spend 500 $ on master keys for example may realize that in the end, they could have gotten better entainment for that money. May - some may find it was still the better use.

LOL, you said QA Tester...:D If they used the money that they got for QA Testers and not Jar Jar Neelix we wouldn't be where we are today...dead queues, people on Macs not able to play, the game client not having an aneurysm every other day, DoFF missions taking an eternity to complete, and the list goes on.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As some know i recently quit STO that isnt in doubt nor is it the discussion of this thread.

I have made freinds ingame which some i still speak to and those also quit due to the BS that craptic keeps doing to the players 2 of my buds just stopped due to the ReReRerelease of the intrepid as a t-6 variant.

Now some of my freinds who i dont speak to now do read this forum and to you guys am i trying to reach .....just how much more are you guys going to stomach before youve had enough.

seriously guys this is never gonna get better cryptic has shown their hand and where this game is headed.

But in all honesty people LoR is where this game peaked it wont get as good as it was then STO is in decline and its obvious they relise this by the fleecing thats going on.

So not only do you guys my friends ingame that i cant contact now but the playerbase as a whole must ask themselves just how much more of this till youve had enough.

and if you can stomach this?! then ask yourself if this is still star trek and why your still playing a game that uis clearly not star trek and if your reason is because its trek....then you need to think it over.

anyways i do take friendship seriously and thats why i felt compelled to say something to try and reach those friends i no longer chat with.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

love the game before, love it now. have more DC then i ever had, have more dilitium then i ever have, how us much fun whit my FRIENDS as i did before DC. bugs are still here but if nothing ells we have a chance to squish them now. for all intent and purposes the game is on the right track (well, maybe expect xp. but i don+t care about it).
    i'm sry to here you don't like the game any more.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    there is apparently a chat engine out there that lets you chat in game without being in game. I do not know its name but our fleet leader uses it some when out of game. This may be of use to talk to your friends. You could also use any number of social media outlets for the purpose --- I can stay in touch with my LOTRO group on facebook if I wanted, for example -- someone made a group for it. These forums are probably not the place for an on-going friends group. I would log in, contact your friends with in-game mail about how to stay in touch or use the chat engine tool.

trek game? I could care less. I get to fly a ship and shoot at things -- which is what I wanted, and I get it for free.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    That is not a fact, never will be, it is only an opinion, and not even remotely a commonly held opinion. I would also advise not telling forum mods to hush up, thats just friggin stupid.

"I would also advise not telling forum mods to hush up, thats just friggin stupid."

Good thing it's just an opinion. ;)
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You left the game for your own reasons I respect that. You wanted to reach out to your friends who still play ? Like many have said if they were true ffriends why did'nt you get their phone numbers or send them a friend's request on face book??

I have met many friends the past four years yes some have left but I have the means to contact them and when I do I never try to get them to come back and they never try and talk me into leaving.

Again like others have said I play this game becouse its star trek not 100% true trek but it is star trek.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    That is not a fact, never will be, it is only an opinion, and not even remotely a commonly held opinion.

First of all...how would you know it isn't a fact? It's just your opinion, and not even remotely a commonly held opinion...
    I would also advise not telling forum mods to hush up, thats just friggin stupid

Oh hush up,I'm not going to cower in fear of the moderators like you.Might doesn't make right,and if you think it does...that's just friggin stupid.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
This discussion has been closed.