test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just how much more

jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
As some know i recently quit STO that isnt in doubt nor is it the discussion of this thread.

I have made freinds ingame which some i still speak to and those also quit due to the BS that craptic keeps doing to the players 2 of my buds just stopped due to the ReReRerelease of the intrepid as a t-6 variant.

Now some of my freinds who i dont speak to now do read this forum and to you guys am i trying to reach .....just how much more are you guys going to stomach before youve had enough.

seriously guys this is never gonna get better cryptic has shown their hand and where this game is headed.

But in all honesty people LoR is where this game peaked it wont get as good as it was then STO is in decline and its obvious they relise this by the fleecing thats going on.

So not only do you guys my friends ingame that i cant contact now but the playerbase as a whole must ask themselves just how much more of this till youve had enough.

and if you can stomach this?! then ask yourself if this is still star trek and why your still playing a game that uis clearly not star trek and if your reason is because its trek....then you need to think it over.

anyways i do take friendship seriously and thats why i felt compelled to say something to try and reach those friends i no longer chat with.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Post edited by jorantomalak on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ultimately all the people who agree with you will come into the thread and say "Yeah, brother! Shout it!" and all the people who do not agree with you will say "Then leave and find a game you like better!"

If getting those responses is the only purposes of a thread then that is the basic definition of intentionally trolling the community.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    agreed to many fees, and sandpaper uh, ewww, your LoR point was well put, like Wizard101's golden age of Celestia, everything went down hill from there, and all the gear stats just got, "weirder" ...

But hopeing it curves back to the "good days" like before DR, we will have to see it to believe it.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Ultimately all the people who agree with you will come into the thread and say "Yeah, brother! Shout it!" and all the people who do not agree with you will say "Then leave and find a game you like better!"

If getting those responses is the only purposes of a thread then that is the basic definition of intentionally trolling the community.

My intent is as mentioned NOT to illicent a respnose or opinions its meant to try and reach friends i no longer chat with who read the forums.

its not a matter of whether someone agrees or disagrees thats not the point my point is the hope some of my buds and maybe pothers see and understand whats going on.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So you left a while ago and now you're not satisfied till all of your "friends" which you cannot contact through other means quit the game too? :rolleyes:
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    whelp, we wish you luck, apparently they are still playing, try Zone chat or fleet/mail.
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    So you left a while ago and now you're not satisfied till all of your "friends" which you cannot contact through other means quit the game too? :rolleyes:

Idk if you take frinedship seriously but some of us do and i wouldnt be a good friend if i didnt atleast try to point out to a friend that they are getting screwed over.
    edited November 2014
    Idk if you take frinedship seriously but some of us do and i wouldnt be a good friend if i didnt atleast try to point out to a friend that they are getting screwed over.
    If they are really your friends then they probably have free will and the ability to make up their own mind as to how they want to spend their free time. If you are there friend, let them.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014

And obviously you don't think that your "friends" are intelligent enough to play the game and make the decision for themselves. Some friend :rolleyes:
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If they are really your friends then they probably have free will and the ability to make up their own mind as to how they want to spend their free time. If you are there friend, let them.

well it is their choice im just trying to point out the obvious and if they still like getting screwed over then thats their choice i just felt compelled as a friend to point this out to them food for thought.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I smell the demise of this thread coming shortly, even if I myself have severely cut back on playing the game after the DR debacle.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Until a new Star Trek MMO comes out or something else is able to pique my interest.

However, there is no sign a new Star Trek MMO is on the horizon, nor is there anything else out right now or projected to be out in the future that tells me I would get more entertainment value out of devoting all of my playtime I would have devoted to STO in that direction.

Does Cryptic make 100% awesome decisions 100% of the time? No. In fact, lately I'm more than a little disappointed with their decision making.

But I still love STO despite its flaws, because no game will ever be perfect. Not now. Not ever. And STO is the only Star Trek MMO, and I can paraphrase another poster by saying it's a Star Trek game they've gotten mostly right.

And if they've gotten Star Trek mostly right, then hey, I don't see myself going anywhere.

Besides, there is no other 'perfect storm' of fanboy rage than the Star Trek fandom. Mixed in with the typical rage you get in an MMO... this is most certainly a time in my gaming hobby to remember fondly -- even if it's at the expense of others.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited November 2014
    well it is their choice im just trying to point out the obvious and if they still like getting screwed over then thats their choice i just felt compelled as a friend to point this out to them food for thought.
    I am still not seeing your point. If they are playing the game then they know what they are up against. They know how much time it takes to grind, etc. It is not like the game just became grindy last month. It has been grindy for years. If they are still here they want to be here. You did not need others to tell you when it was time to leave. I am certain they do not either. Free will.
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    --holds arms as wide as possible preparing to give big hug.

"This much more!"

p.s. to the god zeus. I hope you have a permit for that free speech. we don't cotton to them demonstrations of more than 1 person here in new york city. get's out pepper spray and taser for old ladies.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »

The fact you conjured up that post without the slightest hint of irony is really amusing.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited November 2014
    While some of you might not live in a country where you have the right to speak freely, the OP appears to and so do I. He has the right to speak his mind and he did just that! The Chinese overlords at PWE have no clue what freedom is and it seems some of you do not either!
    If you had any idea what you are talking about then you would know that Freedom of Speech does not apply to private property. Your nationality has nothing to do with it.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry but this thread just sounds like someone shouting

FOLLOW ME BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND I'LL SHOW YOU THE WAY

Don't drink the cool aid ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Idk if you take friendship seriously but some of us do and i wouldn't be a good friend if i didn't at least try to point out to a friend that they are getting screwed over.

Um...if these people were really friends of yours then why didn't any of you figure out a way to keep in touch outside a video game?

Besides, I'm sure these people are fully able to make up their own minds. And if they are still playing (since no-one can know) we can assume they already have.
  • lacustrislacustris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

and if you can stomach this?! then ask yourself if this is still star trek and why your still playing a game that uis clearly not star trek and if your reason is because its trek....then you need to think it over.

Lacustris: I can stomach this.

Lacustris: Hey Lacustris... is this still Star Trek?

Lacustris: Yes Lacustris, at least in as much as it was before.

Lacustris: Lacustris?

Lacustris: Yeah?

Lacustris: Why are you still playing a game that uis clearly not Star Trek?

Lacustris: I just said it is Star Trek... Just implying that it wasn't always explicitly "Star Trek" in that it portrayed an economy with more free market exchanges of goods and services rather than a post scarcity society where resources were distributed in a more centralized manner. Imo that doesn't sound like a very fun game which is probably why they designed the game the way they did. Honestly though this is still a pretty fun game.

Lacustris: You need to think this over...

Lacustris: I'll do that. Thanks for your concern. Clearly we have accomplished something great here today.

Lacustris: Word.

Lacustris: Word indeed. Goodbye my friend...

Lacustris: Hey Lacustris?

Lacustris: OMG WHAT DO YOU WANT??? I'm playing STO man!

Lacustris: Sheesh... Never mind if you're going to get an attitude.

Lacustris: Well I'm trying to play a game here.

Lacustris: I was just...

Lacustris: No man! I'm having fun. I don't need you pestering me every two seconds about menial TRIBBLE.

Lacustris: Sorry...

Lacustris: No *sigh* I'M sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you.

Lacustris: You've never yelled at me before...

Lacustris: You're right. I'm sorry.

Lacustris: Can we get ice cream?

Lacustris: Ice cream sounds great... Pal.

Lacustris: :)

Is that what was supposed to happen? :confused:
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As some know i recently quit STO that isnt in doubt nor is it the discussion of this thread.

I have made freinds ingame which some i still speak to and those also quit due to the BS that craptic keeps doing to the players 2 of my buds just stopped due to the ReReRerelease of the intrepid as a t-6 variant.

Now some of my freinds who i dont speak to now do read this forum and to you guys am i trying to reach .....just how much more are you guys going to stomach before youve had enough.

seriously guys this is never gonna get better cryptic has shown their hand and where this game is headed.

But in all honesty people LoR is where this game peaked it wont get as good as it was then STO is in decline and its obvious they relise this by the fleecing thats going on.

So not only do you guys my friends ingame that i cant contact now but the playerbase as a whole must ask themselves just how much more of this till youve had enough.

anyways i do take friendship seriously and thats why i felt compelled to say something to try and reach those friends i no longer chat with.

I don't normally say things like this but really just shut the hell up and go away. This thread is nothing but troll fail. If you quit then wash your hands of STO and stay away.somebody please shut this TRIBBLE thread down. End of negative rant.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
    edited November 2014
    lacustris wrote: »

Lacustris: I just said it is Star Trek... Just implying that it wasn't always explicitly "Star Trek" in that it portrayed an economy with more free market exchanges of goods and services rather than a post scarcity society where resources were distributed in a more centralized manner. Imo that doesn't sound like a very fun game which is probably why they designed the game the way they did. Honestly though this is still a pretty fun game.

Lacustris: I'll do that. Thanks for your concern. Clearly we have accomplished something great here today.

Lacustris: No man! I'm having fun. I don't need you pestering me every two seconds about menial TRIBBLE.

Ok, that made me laugh out loud! Good thing I am the only one home. :)

Well done, Lacustris!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote:

hahahahahahahaha. The armchair attorney preacheth. Hmmm let's see if I can explain this easy. They mean that free speech on the internets is the same as other places in the big ugly world. For example, you can speak on a sidewalk about politics (unless you look dirty). But you can't walk into your neighbors house or the neighborhood cafe and do the same. There they can throw your TRIBBLE out. Just as Cryptic can on their private forums.

Guys, please do not quote posts that violate forum rules. Thanks! ~Bluegeek
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited November 2014
    hahahahahahahaha. The armchair attorney preacheth. Hmmm let's see if I can explain this easy. They mean that free speech on the internets is the same as other places in the big ugly world. For example, you can speak on a sidewalk about politics (unless you look dirty). But you can't walk into your neighbors house or the neighborhood cafe and do the same. There they can throw your TRIBBLE out. Just as Cryptic can on their private forums.
    It is really not worth the effort. Some people are clueless how their laws really work. It is better to simply ignore them and move on.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Freedom of speech in this country is a right and our people have EARNED IT!

That only applies to the Government. Not private businesses and certainly not the internet.

It makes me wonder why my cousin went to war to fight for these rights when people have no frakking clue how the rights work in the first place.

Please stop wasting my cousin's service with your ignorance.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Even tough I respect your thread...at times there are "good" things to fight for while at another ones not so good.

IMO this one will fall off. Having "reReRerelease of the intrepid as a t-6 variant" is not a biggie...nor an excuse to fume much about. Some like tomatoes others potatoes so what? This is not a logical reason reason to quit STO. If people actually want to quit...do so but dont come back and complaint about something so petty....sorry not throlling just stating my opinion as you were
    DUwNP.gif

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do not go gentle into that good night....
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lacustris wrote: »

This was good, if only it had ended with the old Batman type closing..Will Lacustris get his ice cream? Will a ice cream headache end it all. Tune in next week to find out same Lacustris time same Lacustris channel
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Captains,

Many forum rules are being broken in this thread.

To avoid further moderation, please make sure your posts do not violate forum rules (no more flaming or vulgarity) or quote posts that do.

Thank you!

~ Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    LOL, sandpaper.

Who woulda known that was a forum violation. Made my day anyway.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every person has to make that decision for themselves...whether to continue playing or quit. No one else can make that decision for them.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
This discussion has been closed.