test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Assistance Assignment Bugged?

cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Ok, I've ran the "Request R&D Assistance" assignment from the Personnel Officer at the

Academy 4 or 5 times now. I was told it was the only way to get more R&D doffs and have a

chance to get better ones than the ones given. The rewards listed show a few components and 1

doff--it lists one doff as a reward. I have not received any doffs common or other wise and at

1000 dil a pop and a 3 day wait to re-run it, it's kind of ticking me off. Can anyone tell me if it's

me or is it bugged.

Thank you in advance :)
Post edited by cokeymon on

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've ran this mission probably 10-12 times and last night received my first DOff from it, a common Shield R&D, so it is apparently working. Like many things like this in STO, the reward table for doffs is on the rare side.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    The rewards from R&D assistance is not pre-set; you have the possibility of getting a duty officer.

I run it every 3 days like clockwork. Some days the RND generator gods are very kind, sometimes not. But for 1000 dil, it's almost always worth getting.

And if you can't play advance it's the ONLY place to get.. albeit randomly.. what you need.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    cokeymon wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Ok, I've ran the "Request R&D Assistance" assignment from the Personnel Officer at the

Academy 4 or 5 times now. I was told it was the only way to get more R&D doffs and have a

chance to get better ones than the ones given. The rewards listed show a few components and 1

doff--it lists one doff as a reward. I have not received any doffs common or other wise and at

1000 dil a pop and a 3 day wait to re-run it, it's kind of ticking me off. Can anyone tell me if it's

me or is it bugged.

Thank you in advance :)

The RNG is cruel. I ran it on 4 toons during the event. 3 only got mats and components, but then the 4th one got extremely lucky and got 2 white R&D doffs. Made 10 mil EC out of just that one. I might hate that the devs haven't created non-P2W R&D doffs, but on the other hand, it's easy EC if you get lucky.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've gotten a fair number of R&D doffs so far. Depending on what you want, there are a fair number who sell on the exchange for less than 100,000 ec these days. (Sigh.)