What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

random free reman purchase

bradhadbradhad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
tl;dr version:
-C-store randomly 'giving' me reman species
-specified reason is 'You have a gold account' despite it always having been silver
-game does indeed allow me to create reman character for free

I had a quick look at the C-store after completing my daily MI's and was surprised to see 'purchased' next to the reman species in personnel. I've seen odd bugs pop up in the C-store before, so i logged out to check if i could indeed create a reman character, and sure enough, the option wasn't greyed out and had the little green tick on the c-store icon. the reason the C-store gave me fore allowing this was that I had a gold account despite never having subscribed nor having bought an LTS; I can only imagine it's a coding error on your end.
Post edited by bradhad on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OTOH you can also unlock playable Remans by completing T5 in the Romulan reputation. It could be that the message in the store says 'You can do it because you're gold' regardless of which method was used to unlock them.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There was Tribble testing that unlocked it, there's the T5 Rep that unlocks it, they're available from the C-Store as an unlock, the LoR Legacy Pack includes the unlock...

A Gold account should have nothing to do it with it...hrmmm.
  • Options
    bradhadbradhad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There was Tribble testing that unlocked it, there's the T5 Rep that unlocks it, they're available from the C-Store as an unlock, the LoR Legacy Pack includes the unlock...

A Gold account should have nothing to do it with it...hrmmm.

entirely my mistake then, as i completed T5 this morning (had no idea it unlocked a C-store item). the wording is a little confusing however, though I doubt anyone would consider fixing something that isn't broken.

cheers for clearing up my confusion.