test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What comes after new ESD (including Club 47)?

Comments

• Options
    zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they'd create "Personal Holdings" in all these areas i.e. Bajor, Vulcan, Andor, New Romulus, Defera, etc. then they'd have an excuse to update them and we'd have a reason to go back to them.

Let us purchase/earn and housing units in those areas and have doing so reward us (maybe like a rep system) with traits, special devices, consoles, clothing, or weapons you can't get anywhere else.

We've already got Andorian phasers in the game, why not access to Bajoran phasers if you buy/earn a holding there? Ferengi phasers if you get a holding on Ferenginar (assuming they eventually add it to the game)? Each holding could offer something unique.

In addition, you could decorate it as you wish and maybe there would even be a mission or three for each holding that featured more personal, local stories? See what the rest of the STO universe is doing amidst all the invasions and wars breaking out left and right, yeah? I imagine Vulcans, safe in the heart of the Federation, would have a very different perspective vs Deferans (who got Breened and Borged already).

I don't know all the answers but I bet the devs could figure it out something doable and the players can add to the discussion with constructive feedback.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My top two are DS9 and the New Romulus City.

DS9 I could see getting revamped if/when we start moving into the Gamma Quadrant. Having that be the staging point for operations there would probably be a good enough reason to justify a revamp.

The NR City because I've always wanted to go there. That includes the Reman section as well. I could see some kind of mini-arc there involving rooting out and cleaning up some Tal Shiar remnants or something like that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    What I forgot to add was mini-games: Club 47 would be even more fun with Poker and 3D Chess minigames! :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gorn capital!

KDF needs some more maps. Also, the only way I'd agree with the Winter event on Andoria would be to also have it on Rura Penthe. It's enough the KDF has to go to FED territory for the Summer Event. Q and his creations are at least neutral.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm a bit divided. Yes, the new club looks great but I feel resources could have been used elsewhere on more vital places. As said, DS9, as one example. The club will surely be a one visit affair for many players and that'll be it?

Anyway, looks nice.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Winter Event on Andoria and Rurapenthe is a great idea, Toiva! You get a Vorta hug for that. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All the space stations could use a bit of a redecorating (Fed and KDF)
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agree, i forwarded that to Taco on Twitter a few days ago... T'Nae needs a new office, and i love Starbase 39, i'm camping in her office waiting for her Pon'Far... you never know! :P
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm...

Temer City
    Temerium
    Temer'sihaer

Some interesting possibilities
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Either that or New Virinat.

Although I guess that could cause confusion since the ruined original Virinat is still there.

Last i remember there was still a town called York in GB and yet navigation systems around the world are still coping. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    My personal list of desired builds/rebuilds, in no particular order:

New Romulus City
    Founding Worlds (Andoria, Vulcan, Tellar Prime)
    DS9
    Captain's Table

Note that none of those are on the schedule at the moment. All have been brought up in conversations at one point or another. I'm still kind of amazed we got to rebuild ESD. I didn't expect that to happen. So, there's hope, but not promises.

DS9 for the most part looks like the show, but there are some things that could be rearranged, better textures and geometry or what nots... make it next-gen (no pun intended)

I used to hang out there way way more than ESD a couple years ago, cuz that's my show.

Perhaps make that impressive Bajoran Wormhole LEAD TO SOMEWHERE INTERESTING (aka the Celestial Temple, or even the GAMMA QUADRANT that was not that one mission)
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Winter Event on Andoria and Rurapenthe is a great idea, Toiva! You get a Vorta hug for that. :)

Don't give me credit for that. It's been suggested at the very least before the last Winter event.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is there any reason to go to the sierra station? Also DS9 is already quite good and it feels like DS9. I don't want them turning it into something else.

I would rather they work on some new exploration maps.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Defera was rumored to be getting a facelift; however, Cryptic has not said much of anything else.
    My personal list of desired builds/rebuilds, in no particular order:

New Romulus City
    Founding Worlds (Andoria, Vulcan, Tellar Prime)
    DS9
    Captain's Table

Note that none of those are on the schedule at the moment. All have been brought up in conversations at one point or another. I'm still kind of amazed we got to rebuild ESD. I didn't expect that to happen. So, there's hope, but not promises.
    DS9 just needs small adjustments.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is there any reason to go to the sierra station? Also DS9 is already quite good and it feels like DS9. I don't want them turning it into something else.

SB 39 is convenient to go there if you are in the area to do Romulan missions.

DS9 may look visually reminiscient of and close to DS9, but it is not very accurate.

The whole point of revamping it would be to make it look exactly like it was in the show.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    SB 39 is convenient to go there if you are in the area to do Romulan missions.

DS9 may look visually reminiscient of and close to DS9, but it is not very accurate.

The whole point of revamping it would be to make it look exactly like it was in the show.

Revamping DS9 doesn't seem worth it to me. After you level the sierra starbase is useless, no reason to touch it.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Yes, Rihansu City makes no sense, but neither does ANY city ever shown in Star Trek. Other than Earth, no planet has more than a single location.

"Beam down to [Insert Planet Name Here]"
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Hmm...

Temer City
    Temerium
    Temer'sihaer

Some interesting possibilities

Temerity?

reyan01 wrote: »
    Either that or New Virinat.

Although I guess that could cause confusion since the ruined original Virinat is still there.

Old York, Old Mexico, Old Hampshire, etc. are all still there.

DS9 for the most part looks like the show, but there are some things that could be rearranged, better textures and geometry or what nots... make it next-gen (no pun intended)

I used to hang out there way way more than ESD a couple years ago, cuz that's my show.

DS9 is like an impressionist painting. If you stand there, and squint, everything looks dandy. But if you get up close, or start really paying attention, it all falls apart. In addition, people want to add the Security Office, the Infirmary, etc. And I have no desire to try and bodge those into the old map. I'd rather rebuild from scratch, so I know it's right.

I don't want to turn it into something else, I want to make it correct for the show (and update the things that make sense to update)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    DS9 is like an impressionist painting. If you stand there, and squint, everything looks dandy. But if you get up close, or start really paying attention, it all falls apart. In addition, people want to add the Security Office, the Infirmary, etc. And I have no desire to try and bodge those into the old map. I'd rather rebuild from scratch, so I know it's right.

I don't want to turn it into something else, I want to make it correct for the show (and update the things that make sense to update)

I seriously want this to happen. :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    DS9 isn't the worst map in the game. It deserves a reworking, but it doesn't absolutely need one right away.

All Qo'nos First City really needs IMO is bank terminals scattered around the map like the mail terminals already are. A melee-only open pvp circle in the fighting field would also be hilarious.

New Romulus, I'd love to see parts of that city opened up. It's been under construction long enough.

Andor deserves better, but there's no point until there's some kind of content set there.

I hope they expand the map to include more of the Federation and its neighbors. A Ferenginar map would be absolutely awesome but probably not rated PG.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

DS9 is kinda oldish. It is, however, very true to what it looks/feel in the show, though. Not sure it can be redone without losing the original feel. If so, I'm all for it. :) I just don't want it looking like, say, the Flotilla, one day.

Captain's Table could use a major overhaul, while we're at it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Old York, Old Mexico, Old Hampshire, etc. are all still there.

Yeah, and we don't call them Old either. :P

I just take my glasses off when I'm on DS9. You'd never notice the flaws... though I also can't tell which direction I'm facing so it's not really a win I guess haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    Gamma rising, with playable cardassians for new faction, and founders for life time subs :D
    cardassian and gamma quadrant in one expansion would be huge. maybe 2 expansions in next 3 years...
    its also a problem giving cardassians i wonder how many people would make new characters since we have lots of grinding from level 50-60 and specialization, R&D, and all other stuff. there is no way i would creatne new toon even if they give us full faction.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    binebane wrote: »
    cardassian and gamma quadrant in one expansion would be huge. maybe 2 expansions in next 3 years...
    its also a problem giving cardassians i wonder how many people would make new characters since we have lots of grinding from level 50-60 and specialization, R&D, and all other stuff. there is no way i would creatne new toon even if they give us full faction.

I would level through the story and shelve the Cardassian thereafter.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    DS9 is kinda oldish. It is, however, very true to what it looks/feel in the show, though. Not sure it can be redone without losing the original feel. If so, I'm all for it. :) I just don't want it looking like, say, the Flotilla, one day.

I think it actually needs a lot of work to look like the series. Besides the missing areas (most notably the Infirmary and Security Office), the textures should be completely redone. All of the textures look very...dirty, for lack of a better word, and the colours are all just a little bit off. The "black" Cardassian console glass looks pretty rough, too.

Basically, it's an extremely important canon location, and it deserves to get as much TLC as the interiors of the "hero ships" are (gradually) receiving.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well the bottom line is that there are a number of places that could use a revamp, but unless you add new content or reasons to bring people there it seems rather pointless, i.e., sure, go and redo DS9 to make it show-accurate. But if I never have a reason to go there other than for the 4 or 5 story missions that take place there what's the point?
  • Options
    cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be able to click or type in my destination and travel directly there instead of through map after map, after map would really go a long way for my enjoyment of this game.

This, DEFINITELY needs to happen.

Also, why hasn't DS9 been polished up and subsequently turned into both a space and ground STF against the Jem'Hadar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The art team is roughly the only thing decent in this piece of * game, however there is only so much lipstick you can put on a pig.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, Rihansu City makes no sense, but neither does ANY city ever shown in Star Trek. Other than Earth, no planet has more than a single location.

"Beam down to [Insert Planet Name Here]"

I think Bajor may be our one exception to the rule, in all the Trek series, which is why I was glad the Hathon map got in game. We know and have seen other cities onscreen though.

The fact that you recognize the issues like this with that map makes me think you'll be able to do a good job fixing it. :)

Thank you for NOT making the mistake the Star Trek novels did...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    DS9 is kinda oldish. It is, however, very true to what it looks/feel in the show, though.

No, it really isn't. Take it from someone who just spent 3 months building the Intrepid interior from about 1000 screencaps personally taken from the show. DS9 could be much closer to the show than what we have now.

Well the bottom line is that there are a number of places that could use a revamp, but unless you add new content or reasons to bring people there it seems rather pointless, i.e., sure, go and redo DS9 to make it show-accurate. But if I never have a reason to go there other than for the 4 or 5 story missions that take place there what's the point?

Well, this is essentially the point I was making in my first post here. As much as I'd love to rebuild DS9, there is no way we'd do it unless there was some big release centered around it. Say, like we just did with the Intrepid Interior, or with ESD before that. There are a lot of places in the game that would be fun to work on, but we're not going to just build them for building them's sake. We're going to build them if/when a major piece of content is planned around them.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg