test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow Delta Rising pack to be claimed by all levels, not just 50 and over

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Hello all.

The Delta Rising pack can only be claimed by toons of level 50 or over. Can this be changed so that lower level toons can get access to the cool new uniforms?

Anyone else agree?
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nOPE. tHIS GAME REVOLVES AROUND THE POST-50 GRIND. there's NO FINANCIAL REASON TO OPEN It to other ranks. Think of the company's bottom line and you'll understand.

And I apologize for the caps above. Happens to me sometimes. No emphasis or obnoxiousness intended.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shouldn't the outfits already be unlocked for all your characters? Mine were anyway. Only had to claim it once and then the outfits were already in the tailor for all my characters to use.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the outfits already be unlocked for all your characters? Mine were anyway. Only had to claim it once and then the outfits were already in the tailor for all my characters to use.

They are an account unlock so you should have them.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The doffs and Boffs would be very useful for a low level character.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with the OP. Not everyone who pre-purchased a Delta Pack was level 50, and not everyone is in a mad-rush to get to level 50. They should not be denied the Uniforms, Doffs, and Boffs because of that.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The doffs and Boffs would be very useful for a low level character.
    Can both be claimed separately and are thus already available for lowlevels.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can both be claimed separately and are thus already available for lowlevels.

I'm guessing if you have NO 50 characters, you can't claim it.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm guessing if you have NO 50 characters, you can't claim it.
    Well, can't comment on new accounts without lvl 50+ chars, was thinking about alts when responding. And as far as alts go, the first thing after skipping the tutorial on my talaxian was actually claiming account unlocks from the cstore, including the intel boffs and the doffs.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello all.

The Delta Rising pack can only be claimed by toons of level 50 or over. Can this be changed so that lower level toons can get access to the cool new uniforms?

Anyone else agree?

You're advocating for a common sense solution? No freaking way, just no way!!!! I can't believe it! Something that makes perfect sense but wasn't implemented in this way....

In all seriousness, great idea and make it so Cryptic.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Hello all.

Anyone else agree?

No - because even then you would not get access to the uniforms. I bought the pack 6 weeks ago and they still have not given me access to them.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Doffs and Boffs are all claimable below 50. I've claimed the Boffs on brand new characters right out of the character creator.

I don't know why they put a level limit on the intel boffs you can buy with dilithium though. I'll have to wait until 50 to get a full Caitian crew.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I cant see why the pack itself cant be claimed as the packages within (ships ect) should all be locked where need be to level 50 anyway.

I have always had a problem with the intel uniform unlock, I have found the top half of the uniform in the tailor interface but cant see the bottom (trousers) listed there.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thats typycal crypptic logick - they relased dr in hope of atarcting new player (with no toon), and what they do ?
    until you reach lvl 50+ you cant claim it, lol - so it works only for "veterans".
    same with other "unthinkable" toon progres - one example i did have lvl 50 toon - leveled from lvl cca 15 only by doffing and completed only first set of fe - i have t4 in marauder skill - and im unable do directly transwarp to ds9. no idea which fe ulock it. How i know it ? since i was normaly unable to travel beween map sectors (traveling so far was only using transwarp), but now i can travel between sectors, only because i completed certain fe.
    I dont get which these locks are not lvl bound, but fe bound (which are lvl bound lol).
    i think inside head of chief designer it must be VERY interesing.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I cant see why the pack itself cant be claimed as the packages within (ships ect) should all be locked where need be to level 50 anyway.

I have always had a problem with the intel uniform unlock, I have found the top half of the uniform in the tailor interface but cant see the bottom (trousers) listed there.
    Try changing the pants category. The intel pants are only in one category.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spartin1773spartin1773 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I have to grind out to level 50 to get this I got it for the ships I can care less about everything else that really blows looks like I'm going to solo this game just to get my $129.99 Pack of TRIBBLE thanks arc
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    What a fantastic way to start your posting career here. Epic first post.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Really taking Agents of Yesterday to a whole new level with thread necromancy.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    If you claim the pack once you already have it unlocked at lower levels, you simply have to grab the parts individually. Boffs and Doffs are found under personnel, ready to he reclaimed at will.

Uniforms will automatically be unlocked. However if you're playing a TOS toon, can't use them till you get to the 25th century.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Necromancer!!! Return from wherest thou came!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I'll give the guy a break. I remember when I first joined the forum I could not create my own topic for about 30 days at which point I had about 75 posts.

If you are below level 50, then you cannot claim any of the ships. That should not be big deal since you cannot fly a Tier 6 ship until you are level anyway. However, you should be able to claim the other things that comes with the Delta Ops ship pack.

I claimed the Duty Officers (Doff) on my AoY Captain as soon as the Doff system unlocked which is I think level 11. The Bridge Offers (Boffs) should be claimable as well before level 50, but I have not actually claimed any of the Delta OPs Boffs yet on my max level AoY captain yet. The Intel costume should be claimable as well below level 50, but I have not bothered to switch to that costume yet.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Lol i know (i can only assume you are) ham, i just enjoy commenting on wizardry. I probably did this myself at some point..in the before time, the long long 2 or 3 forum platforms ago
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    OMG! Zombie post running round the forums.

Back! Back into the grave with you!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Hello all.

Anyone else agree?

I would say NO to "let every level have it," because DR and AOY rewards are good enough to lead to things like a new Dilithium exploit. With the Contra nerf, it's clear they want to raise the value of Dilithium, not introduce a new way to flood the market.

Now I'd be all right with lowering the cap to receive at least part of the rewards, but it can't be fully removed.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This thread exemplifies "first world problems".