test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server 100% unplayable

frlancrfrlancr Member Posts: 25 Arc User
The server is 100% unplayable in any way, shape, or form. Just moving across a room in DS9 takes 10 tries and you find yourself disconnecting left and right. Several chat channels reporting many others with the same problem. Can't even move items from one spot in my inventory to the spot right next to it. It takes multiple MINUTES on end just to do that. Forget using the exchange. Forget actually playing.

With such a large download and patch before it let me log into the launcher, I can only assume this is due to today's update.
Post edited by frlancr on

Comments

• Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't had a single problem since I started playing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Logical falacy: I have a sandwich, so you can't be hungry.

Look at how long it took them to acknowledge the last server problem (via twitter, no less). This is 2x worse.
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll be honest here: When I switch characters it says that the gameserver could not be connected or something like that.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Have you tried to run a trace route?

I just love how when ever there is someone with connection issues, it's automatically the server's fault.

There was a short while I think last year, where my connection was horrible, and you know what, it was my ISP's fault because they were throttling the connection with the ISP of the server farm because the two companies were having a disagreement.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    frlancr wrote: »
    The server is 100% unplayable in any way, shape, or form. Just moving across a room in DS9 takes 10 tries and you find yourself disconnecting left and right. Several chat channels reporting many others with the same problem. Can't even move items from one spot in my inventory to the spot right next to it. It takes multiple MINUTES on end just to do that. Forget using the exchange. Forget actually playing.

With such a large download and patch before it let me log into the launcher, I can only assume this is due to today's update.
    In my experience server difficulty is often not a result of the game's fault, but of someone's computer, or internet quality. Not saying that you have bad either, but sometimes it's not the game's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    In my experience server difficulty is often not a result of the game's fault, but of someone's computer, or internet quality. Not saying that you have bad either, but sometimes it's not the game's fault.

I think it would be fair to say it’s a combination of both.

I never had any issues with my setup running STO pre Delta Rising. Now, every login is an opportunity for frustration. My connection is fine. My hardware is fine. My location hasn’t changed. The only thing that’s changed is STO. Ergo, logic states the issue is primarily from that source.

Because some people are having the issues and some are not, however, leads me back to the hardware/connectivity you suggest. It is possible that DR is putting a much larger strain on some systems that aren’t as up to date as others, hence the issue not being wholly universal. Your setup, for example, my be advanced enough to compensate for the server issues affecting others. One should always maintain at least the minimum requirements to play decently but should never be forced to upgrade beyond the recommended requirements to play at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I think it would be fair to say it’s a combination of both.

I never had any issues with my setup running STO pre Delta Rising. Now, every login is an opportunity for frustration. My connection is fine. My hardware is fine. My location hasn’t changed. The only thing that’s changed is STO. Ergo, logic states the issue is primarily from that source.

Because some people are having the issues and some are not, however, leads me back to the hardware/connectivity you suggest. It is possible that DR is putting a much larger strain on some systems that aren’t as up to date as others, hence the issue not being wholly universal. Your setup, for example, my be advanced enough to compensate for the server issues affecting others. One should always maintain at least the minimum requirements to play decently but should never be forced to upgrade beyond the recommended requirements to play at all.
    Agreed, the higher gfx and higher server traffic as a result of DR could put a strain on older systems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Doncha love the white knights around here?

Let's see... a game dev with a history demonstrably laced with poor server performance.... perfectly fine before a big patch.... after the patch can't even sit still without moving.

Yeah.. blame the players. I'm no idiot when it comes to net troubles. I know a few things, and I'm not so naive as to blame the devs on every game out there. Because, frankly... of ALL the games out there this is the only one exhibiting server issues right now.

So yes, continue to blame the players, oh whitest of knights. You have a sandwich, so WE can't be starving.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sudo replicate me a sandwich.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sudo replicate me a sandwich.
    Where is the Thumbs Up button when you need it? :D
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh, and now random disconnects intermixed with rampant mega warps (talking light years of rubberbanding here).

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 19 seconds.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rampant mega warps (talking light years of rubberbanding here).
    We used to call that Teneebia Drift.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Logical falacy: I have a sandwich, so you can't be hungry.

Look at how long it took them to acknowledge the last server problem (via twitter, no less). This is 2x worse.

This is the most epic post ever! Cause uh, it's what you did.

"I'm having problems with the game, so you can't be playing without problems."

So...epic! ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This is the most epic post ever! Cause uh, it's what you did.

"I'm having problems with the game, so you can't be playing without problems."

So...epic! ;)
    Lmao virus you win the forums for today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Another logical fallacy people have is when they twist words to say things that were never said. Don't put words in my mouth then call me a liar, virusdancer.

There is a massive problem with the server right now for a large number of players. Denying that doesn't solve the problem. If it doesn't affect you, enjoy the game. Many of us cannot.

Or do you also deny that mac players can't even launch the game lately? Surely they're all liars too, because YOU can play the game?

If you don't have a leg to stand on, don't shove your foot in your mouth. Stay out of the topic.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    Agreed, the higher gfx and higher server traffic as a result of DR could put a strain on older systems.

Ya, I’m in the process of upgrading my entire system, starting with the video card. But can’t stop there! Hello new motherboard and processor! And hey, why not throw in 16GB of memory to boot!

I figure, after getting the Radeon R9 270x, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, the Intel I7 and 2 sets of 8GB DDR3 if I’m STILL having issues then I’ll feel confident it’s the game.

Although, I wonder if anyone at Cryptic has looked to see if the new Delta Quad (which is BURSTING with gfx, as you said) meets the ‘minimum requirements’ posted… if not, they’d better change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There is a massive problem with the server right now for a large number of players.
    Then why are you the only one posting about it?
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup, been dropping client every time I am half way through Mirror Event. Luckily I have been able to get back in before I lose the reward screen.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

Trust me, he's not.

The rest of us have gotten tired of throwing our voices at the wall... massive rubber-banding, random dcs, lag spikes... whne I log in I usually open my phone and play some bubble bobble or something while I wait for the 2 fps issue to clear itself out, usually around the 5 min mark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Because of the oppressive atmosphere on these forums, where devs censor you for saying anything other than gushing praise, and where the white knights jump on you and insult you and blame you for everything and praise how Cryptic can do no wrong and never have done any wrong ever, in all of history.

White Knights kill off these forums more than anything else. And you wonder why I'm the only one posting about it? It doesn't mean I'm the only one affected, and implying so is simply insulting and trolling on your part.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Because of the oppressive atmosphere on these forums, where devs censor you for saying anything other than gushing praise, and where the white knights jump on you and insult you and blame you for everything and praise how Cryptic can do no wrong and never have done any wrong ever, in all of history.

White Knights kill off these forums more than anything else. And you wonder why I'm the only one posting about it? It doesn't mean I'm the only one affected, and implying so is simply insulting and trolling on your part.

The mods don’t censor genuine feedback, negative or positive. If it becomes an apparent rant, that’s another issue. Feedback and be discussed, debated and resolved. A rant can just be ignored.

As for the white knights… there are some out there, for certain. I tend to ignore them just as I ignore those who demand that everything is Cryptic’s fault no matter what. They represent the fringe, not the center. It is at the center issues can actually get resolved, so why pay attention to the fringe at all, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There is a massive problem with the server right now for a large number of players. Denying that doesn't solve the problem. If it doesn't affect you, enjoy the game. Many of us cannot.

If there is a problem for a large number of players, know what they do? They post about it. We end up with so many duplicate threads that askray and bluegeek start getting feisty as they have to keep merging them all...

So then, we take a look around the forums...

Oopsie!

So you know, maybe if you're in contact with that "many of us" and they're not just inside your head - you could get them to post too, eh?

Cause otherwise, attacking folks that have tried to help just makes you look like you need a diaper change...

I was wrong...this is so much more epic than the other post.

Working in some paranoid delusions there while you're at it...woot, woot, woot...

EPIC!

I mean seriously, Cryptic has problems all the time - folks would have to be in heavy denial to deny that...but without the forums lit up with complaints as what usually happens during a meltdown, why the animosity toward perhaps checking things on your end, eh?

Maybe speaking with those other folks having problems and seeing if there's any sort of commonality taking place there?

You know...stuff that could actually help Cryptic address your issues if it is a Cryptic matter...or something that somebody might be able to help you with if it is not a Cryptic matter.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    Playing just fine right now and no one in fleet is having issues.

5m ec's says he left his downloads on in the background.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Because of the oppressive atmosphere on these forums, where devs censor you for saying anything other than gushing praise...
    Dude, what forum are YOU reading? All I see here is almost all negative, negative, negative.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    The mods don’t censor genuine feedback, negative or positive. If it becomes an apparent rant, that’s another issue. Feedback and be discussed, debated and resolved. A rant can just be ignored.

As for the white knights… there are some out there, for certain. I tend to ignore them just as I ignore those who demand that everything is Cryptic’s fault no matter what. They represent the fringe, not the center. It is at the center issues can actually get resolved, so why pay attention to the fringe at all, eh?

Yes, they do. I've seen it. You've seen the effect of it. After DR they silenced a number of people simply by removing their ability to see the "post reply" screen. Didn't moderate them, didn't issue a warning, didn't do anything to draw attention to the fact. Definitely didn't ban them, beause then everybody would start to notice the "banned" statuses left and right. But they definitely did moderate people that simply were less than gushing. Somebody gave a review of DR overall and gave it a poor final grade, and that person lost all rights to post on the forum. But, you didn't notice it, so it didn't happen. This isn't the only forum out there. When the mods do something in here they only hide it from those clustered in this forum. The people they abuse can still voice their dissent on outside venues. And they do.

Most of what's left lately is white knights. They make up about 60% of any response to any thread now. No matter how serious a matter. They insult you for pointing out broken parts of the game. They belittle and berate you as if you're in the wrong. Meanwhile no mods take actions against them, beause they are in defense of the Just and Righteous Crpyitic Studios (hallowed be thy name?).

EDIT: None of that matters, though, since the yes-men in this thread have taken to simply personal attacks (against the rules, mind you -- note there's no mods editing their posts?). The server is still 100% unplayable right now. Tried (in vain) to run a MIN. Lost myself and 2 others several times.

Ignoring the problem doesn't resolve it. If you're just going to attack me, STFU and stay out of the thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dude, what forum are YOU reading? All I see here is almost all negative, negative, negative.

It's a trip...cause you hit up Today's Post and what I see right now is...

Dental Troll Thread.
    This thread.
    Bug.
    Humble complaint.
    Complaint.
    Question going negative.
    Ten Forward Nonsense.
    Question/complaint.
    Complaint.
    Major Bug.
    Complaint.
    Bug.
    Bug.
    Bug.
    Request.
    Rage.
    Complaint.
    Charity.
    Question.
    Complaint.
    Bug.
    Complaint.
    Question.
  • Options
    cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    who killed bambi's mother? the white knights.

Jokes aside the White Knights are a fleet of low profile folks, they are not here in the forums causing troubles defending or acusing anyone so pls let them alone ok?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I didn't have a problem on my end earlier today...

It could be a regional thing, or you just had a bad day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If you're just going to attack me, STFU and stay out of the thread.
    Dude who is "attacking" you? Or is any reply not in full agreement with you considered to be an attack? Just curious.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yes, they do. I've seen it. You've seen the effect of it. After DR they silenced a number of people simply by removing their ability to see the "post reply" screen. Didn't moderate them, didn't issue a warning, didn't do anything to draw attention to the fact. Definitely didn't ban them, beause then everybody would start to notice the "banned" statuses left and right. But they definitely did moderate people that simply were less than gushing. Somebody gave a review of DR overall and gave it a poor final grade, and that person lost all rights to post on the forum. But, you didn't notice it, so it didn't happen. This isn't the only forum out there. When the mods do something in here they only hide it from those clustered in this forum. The people they abuse can still voice their dissent on outside venues. And they do.

Most of what's left lately is white knights. They make up about 60% of any response to any thread now. No matter how serious a matter. They insult you for pointing out broken parts of the game. They belittle and berate you as if you're in the wrong. Meanwhile no mods take actions against them, beause they are in defense of the Just and Righteous Crpyitic Studios (hallowed be thy name?).

EDIT: None of that matters, though, since the yes-men in this thread have taken to simply personal attacks (against the rules, mind you -- note there's no mods editing their posts?). The server is still 100% unplayable right now. Tried (in vain) to run a MIN. Lost myself and 2 others several times.

Ignoring the problem doesn't resolve it. If you're just going to attack me, STFU and stay out of the thread.

If the mods took such a heavy handed approach it was definitely bad on them. Having been a forms mod for a F2P MMORPG in the past I can sympathise with then when flamethreads start… they can escalate quickly and the thread should be closed asap.

And, admittedly, I’ve had to ban a few forum posters in the past. The issue is, the mods can’t discuss such an action with the rest of the public, so the WHY behind their ban may or may not be what you think. It simply can’t be confirmed…

But no, I didn’t see the mass banning of users. I am not saying it didn’t happen, mind you. Just that I wasn’t witness to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]