test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please buff the Neutronic Torp

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
In order for the Neutronic torp to compete with other newly released items from Delta Rising I feel it needs a decent-sized buff. Compared to a single cannon volley (not even the full cycle) with Surgical Strike for 50k, a Plasma Lance for 100k, or some epic beam overload with +100 CrtD with an Acc and Dmg mod as well, I feel the Neutronic torpedo is under-performing in its current environment.

We need more shield penetration for it, which could easily be done by just breaking one or two more Rep Traits to give them the Projectile one as well.

Also, when upgraded to epic it should be given a [wide/pen] modifier so that cruisers and carriers can vape too (I do own 2 Bulwarks/Bastions with battlecloak afterall).

Lastly, you should be able to equip more than 1 of them on a ship since it's not fair for torp boats since they won't be able to use the new DBB's, Surgical Strike and Plasma Lance effectively.

Once this is done, I feel it may be on par with the other vaperific items that have come with the release of Delta Rising.

Thanks for your consideration.
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    In order for the Neutronic torp to compete with other newly released items from Delta Rising I feel it needs a decent-sized buff. Compared to a single cannon volley (not even the full cycle) with Surgical Strike for 50k, a Plasma Lance for 100k, or some epic beam overload with +100 CrtD with an Acc and Dmg mod as well, I feel the Neutronic torpedo is under-performing in its current environment.

We need more shield penetration for it, which could easily be done by just breaking one or two more Rep Traits to give them the Projectile one as well.

Also, when upgraded to epic it should be given a [wide/pen] modifier so that cruisers and carriers can vape too (I do own 2 Bulwarks/Bastions with battlecloak afterall).

Lastly, you should be able to equip more than 1 of them on a ship since it's not fair for torp boats since they won't be able to use the new DBB's, Surgical Strike and Plasma Lance effectively.

Once this is done, I feel it may be on par with the other vaperific items that have come with the release of Delta Rising.

Thanks for your consideration.

If anyone has some parses to share of these events, I'd love to see them. I don't have any of this good stuff yet and DDIS won't share with me no mo'.

Sadface.

TY in advance!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thissler wrote: »
    If anyone has some parses to share of these events, I'd love to see them. I don't have any of this good stuff yet and DDIS won't share with me no mo'.

Sadface.

TY in advance!

everything but a mark grind and cochran's shotgun grind is on pause for me right now. i will say that a decent spread 3 to the hull will pretty much 1 shot any npc on normal, especially on mirror event.

torp is a trip, the rest of the game will have to catch up to it. it was designed with elite game play in mind, all the wimpy torps need not apply.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    everything but a mark grind and cochran's shotgun grind is on pause for me right now. i will say that a decent spread 3 to the hull will pretty much 1 shot any npc on normal, especially on mirror event.

That's hardly unique to this torpedo. My photons do that too.
    I AM WAR.
  • jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    beameddown still hasnt learned to summarise I see.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The answer is no, everyone seems to want something for nothing nowadays, if you want to appeal do more damage oh I don't know here's an idea add torpedo consoles oh wait that would take away from your other stuff right? Well you can't get something for nothing, and as for surgical strikes you do know it's bugged to all hell right? I said it once I'll say it again the one way to fix all of this is PVP modifiers and it's not like it hasn't been done before look at Flanking, so it can be done so what would I do is me supple neutron torpedo -30% damage against players photonic barrage -35 to 40% damage against players and then I would add little sockets to our ships that you can add that you had little tiny things to in one of those things you could add would be crit resistance for PVP you know I don't really see in npcs doing a whole bunch crits on your pve hero toon but photonic barrage in the neutron torpedo Nerf ? put that PVP modifier and tweak it most of the pvp TRIBBLE would be solved over night ....ok them nerf them both 50% vs player that will do it .....lol i can see the tacs getting but hurt already
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    I want more hull/shield healing cryptic

I need some traits that auto kick-in placate+ heal whenever I am shot at-

so cryptic, please add more healing now, the game is way out of balance, to many weapons and boff abilities are making pvp matches end way to fast, it seems now that emergency power to shields 1 and hazard emitters 1 are no longer enough to keep a ship alive against the best damage combos in the game AND THATS NOT RIGHT!!!

FIX THIS CRYPTIC or I walk with my $50.00 investment!

If you are being sarcastic you are completely misrepresenting things that are in STO pvp now. Nobody is too survivable now, it does not take teamwork to kill people, any noob can get kills now with surgical strikes or neutronic torp. Its almost impossible to play persistent ships now because you are constantly disabled and fodder for people with the new OP stuff.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im agree with the OP, sometimes you throw the TS3 of neutrons and you don't get a triple kill, thats not right, the triple kill should be guarantee.

Get over with this game, with DR this went from barely playable to completely idiotic.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, the real problem is that there's not enough enemies on the field. I've got 7 vape abilities on my ship but by the time I get to number 3 everyone's dead and I have to wait for them all to respawn. Why are they penalizing me for killing people?!? It's just not fair!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The tears... they are delicious! :cool:

And seasoned well, too!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    beameddown still hasnt learned to summarise I see.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He02Z5YdZbg
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it just me, or did I miss the part where the op post was not sarcastic? Because some poster that enjoys run on sentences obviously missed that point.....
    cI5XEZr.jpg
    edited November 2014
    beammedown, there's a few things I can safely take away from your horribly misplaced sarcastic posts:

1. You haven't played much, if any, PvP since Delta Rising.

2. You still think healing is relevant.

3. You are the most long-winded, grammatically incompetent, nobody-ever-bothers-to-read poster in the forums.
    edited November 2014
    3. You are the most long-winded, grammatically incompetent, nobody-ever-bothers-to-read poster in the forums.

you made me spit my coke on the monitor. Neutronic spread for you!
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited November 2014

playhard88 wrote: »
    you made me spit my coke on the monitor. Neutronic spread for you!

:D

.. not just you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
    edited November 2014
    didn't I just get done reading another one of your "im done with this game posts" this week? so what do you even matter anymore for pvp?

honest question

That wasn't me. I'm highly discouraged in the way things are heading though. PvP population is at all-time low and for good reason. I'm just finishing off a new build on my sci toon (my one and only toon that is PvP-capable due to the leveling and XP grind). I'll be hitting up the queues and Kerrat when I'm done, although the last time I tried to queue I waited for 45 minutes with no pop and the last time I was in Kerrat there was 1 enemy there that was a cloaker and refused to decloak or even blip once I arrived (not that I blame him).
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Jack is right, beam half words from your posts up :)
    Or we're gonna start calling you TL;DR.

On topic, PvP T5/U vs T6 is impossible. So we can't even think in those terms.
    Maybe some surprise vape, rest of the time you are dead in water.

Also Intel Team; if enemy is targeted and enemy activates Intel Team, it won't break target lock.
    If enemy is not targeted and activates IT it can't be targeted even though you see him clearly.

So, if they do not plan to give T5 ships chance to clear Intel holds/stuns/debuffs (and they don't) we might as well stop talking about t5 vs t6.
    edited November 2014
    didn't I just get done reading another one of your "im done with this game posts" this week too? so what do you even matter anymore for pvp?

i said im done with this game pvp, i never said that i'm done with post where people mock of you, that never gets old
    heres the trick with pvpers, I have fought john Shery off and on over the years, but what his big ego doesn't understand is that, hitting the cues 5 hours a day, every day, for years strait now. I have seen way more new names, way more new faces- think a few mouthy posters on the forums constitutes the bulk of the pvp population? it doesn't- new content means folks are going through it at different speeds, couple weeks from now- cues will fill back up with or without you LOL

Reward available to anyone who can translate that. I really put some effort on trying to get the idea behind that, but no luck, i got lost when he was trying to explain what my ego don't understand, but suddenly the phrase was over and a new (non-related) phrase started.
    edited November 2014

1:you are irrelevant even though you think you are VERY relevant to pvp in sto,
    No veteran PvP'er that actually knows how to play the game is irrelevant.
    2:new folks hit the pvp cues daily as it has always been over the years
    And then they get stomped in the ground by veterans when all we're doing is playing the game, which btw involves shooting and destroying other players' ships! Then they come to the forums and start whining about getting picked on and teamed up on and how they hate PvP and will never play again. I'm not quite certain what these people thought was going to happen when entering a PvP match.

To top it off, they think think we get some kind of perverse pleasure out of roflstomping them 15-0 in 4 minutes, when in reality it's a complete waste of time and we'd much rather be fighting veterans like playhard88 that can at least fight back and don't go crying war crimes when you target them IN A PVP MATCH. One veteran is worth a hundred crying noobs that are unwilling to accept reality and refuse to actually learn how to play.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm all for new players that actually want to learn how to play. Unfortunately, they seem to be few and far between. The last 5 or so people I've tried to help have either argued with me that their way is better or just literally did not want any advice or tips what-so-ever and were offended when I tried to help. These are not the type of people that are going to replace the veterans that are leaving. These are the type of people that you see in General Chat denouncing PvP at every turn for the last 4 years.
    edited November 2014
    1:you are irrelevant even though you think you are VERY relevant to pvp in sto,

2:new folks hit the pvp cues daily as it has always been over the years

3:pvp in the cues is slow due to folks doing the new junk pve grind, couple weeks it will pick up

now gimmi your stupid, snarky answer back you forgetable team dependant pvper- have fun in your next mmo-

I don't think im relevant, im just 1 player more, one thats has been into the PvP of this game since i got my fist level50 char a couple of weeks after the game went to f2p. But yes i belive you post are long and stupid
    About 2 and 3, i have no idea what that have to do with me lol, but queques population is low, and DR has been here for a while....

Since you like long post, i have something for you:
    you know what I really remember of all those division hispana matches? you guys spiraling up to the top of the map as fast as possible, and /loging out if someone was about to die- claiming being stuck up there, and not just 1 random fight, I mean there was a time when division hispana was hitting the cues hard few years back and ya, STRAIT to the top of the map, we would try and spiral down but group of you would just wait up there LOL

could have swore that was you guys- remember after one long (to long really) match, we caught DH wells captain pulling that stunt twice in the match, he wasnt stuck and he had a great connection while he was debuffing the TRIBBLE out of us, he wasnt stuck and his connection was great while he got chain healed and backstepped, but ya, funny how right after he got another nuke and ran out of option - riiiigggghhtt when we were about to kill him, .../log-- ya, 2 seconds later coming back in say, "got stuck, had to log" ya,

funny how we had that happen twice in that match i remember distinctly (besides a couple other matches that b.s. happened), after all the debuffing, the healing and the backstep, oh ya LOL only then does he get stuck!, couple other matches I remember us talking about that inregards to division hispana, made the matches just drag on forever

dont get me wrong, their team was awsome, insane damage, insane cross healing, solid tactics, just never got that why the statis quo for 5v5s was run to the top and when in doubt /log, LOL, rememeber a couple of the boys at vipers really getting into some heated arguments after the matches with the division

Im telling you guys, back in the day, division had some sick, sick healing and damage, good lord, if you made one mistake in that match, you didnt get away with it, you died, they were a awsome team, and you jonny were on it often I recall, but like I said, division also did some b.s. tactics too- so desperate to win at any cost,

aways, ancient history now, both fleets pretty shattered after DR (even before really)- at least you will be qq moving onto some other game to TRIBBLE and moan in and I wont have to hear it anymore LOL!!

Im not going to talk shi* about your fleet because i don't have any reason to do it, i have no problem with any 32vipers player, but i will take the time to send to the trash some of the TRIBBLE you just said. We didn't have any "stuck for logout" tactic, is not even reasonable, if one healer logout, the team was really ****ed. Get stuck in the top of the map is very common, even more in the times when premade matches were long.

You are right in one thing, is the past, those kind of really good matches and that level of teamplay and coordination is not longer posible or even needed in STO. We had to define our builds, or strategies, or callouts and practice them a lot in order to get a perfect combination and perfect timming and even so there we fleets that were doing it better than us, so that pushed us to try to improve us even futher. THAT is the spirit and the driving force of all the good pvp/competive games. We have lost that in STO, and thats why me and many other veteran pvpers are against all the TRIBBLE that come with DR (and previous seasons), and that is why many people is leaving (or already left) the game. As you well said, pvp fleets are in extinction, trying to get a tournaments like No BS tournaments is not longer posible, no enought fleets, no enought players, and the game balance is so broken that get a healthy metagame is not posible even with tournament rules.

Knowing that, i really don't know how you can still defend every ****ing TRIBBLE that we complain about, time has proven that we were right more times than we were wrong, 90% of the nerf of the last couple of years has come from this forum, from many idiots like me that loved this game and tried to save it. Is hard to admit it, we have spent so much time in here that it hurts just thinking about it, but this game is dead, has been killed by a company with a lack of vision, that has always been driven by the desire of take every last dolar of their playerbase, and you know what annoys me most? guys like you defending it. Guys with even more lack of vision that the guys that ****ed up this game, guys that think they know what is best for the game but they don't, they only care about having an easy way of win agaisnt those players that they were never able to beat, the skillbar in this game is so low now that every mediocre player can be "good" in this game, and by coincidence those are the players that are defending this TRIBBLE, mediocre players. I haven't seen yet a good player defending this madness, just mediocre players that have some degree of success now that the skill factor has been removed from the game

Want to say that is my ego talking? say it, i don't care, i proven many times with my posts that my only interest is have a good, balanced and healthy pvp, i've been complaining about this kind of ****s since i remember, as you said in other post, my posts about New Romulus powercreep can be still found, and guess what? half of the stuff that i (and many others) complained about is nerfed, and the other half is still overpowered. So think twice before try to discredit me with random nonsense
    edited November 2014
    And this is the reason why all my post for you are single-lined.
    I wrote a wall of text, and you quoted probably the most irrelevant line of the entire post, and you don't even understood what that line was trying to tell you. Sorry bro, i can't waste more time, this is like try to teach a monkey how to solve integrals
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited November 2014
    playhard88 wrote: »
    And this is the reason why all my post for you are single-lined.
    I wrote a wall of text, and you quoted probably the most irrelevant line of the entire post, and you don't even understood what that line was trying to tell you. Sorry bro, i can't waste more time, this is like try to teach a monkey how to solve integrals

Yeah he is just rationalizing cheese use end of story :)