test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More changes to space critter difficulty

1235»

Comments

• spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One kind of wonder why you at Cryptic seams surprised that things got easier when there is a 25% damage difference between MK XII and MK XIV, and on top of that we have the Specializations and Ship Traits to boost things even more.

Personally I think it looks like you tried to get maximum power creep and make sure there can be no valid PvP in game. :rolleyes:

Have to admit that I do not care about that PvP part though since I do not do PvP, but still... :P

Did you ever consider that you should have had more difficulty levels in game instead of trying to make game less causal friendly? Then we could have done things at whatever difficulty fit us best.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • niteshadenycniteshadenyc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015

week old news... several threads have sprung up and been closed about this topic.

And why would you use this thread to ask??

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    Shortly after launch of Delta Rising, I made a post asking for your input on balance for levels 51-60 balance. I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their input. Raising the level cap with 3 difficulty settings is a big task. The difference in skill and gear from one player to another can be very large, so getting the balance right can be a challenge.

A little over a week or so ago, we made some changes to difficulty. Based on additional feedback, as well as continuing data mining, we are in the process of making another pass. We will be noticeably reducing the HP and shields of all space critters from levels 51-60. This change will have more of an effect at level 60 than 51. This change will affect Basic and Advanced difficulty, but not affect Elite Difficulty.

Be sure to watch for additional posts from the devs on related changes. In relation to game difficulty, keep an eye out for posts on PvE queue difficulty as well as a post on changes to changes to rewards. Please focus your responses on the appropriate thread.

LLAP

Al “Captain Geko” Rivera

Fail conditions do not slow down or even add difficulty to a STF like infected to a veteran group/ Privite match group

however they destroy pugs and make most people not even Q up for them

therefor the Fail conditions are a failure and the biggest problem in the Qs

Reducing shields on NPCs only makes fire at will and scatter volley more and more powerful

players start too close together in most Qs allowing them to destroy the NPCs far too quickly
    players for instance in infected should start much farther away from the current start point and much farther apart

and should have to battle there way to the current start point

NPCs should do more power drains especially to players weapons power...more player powers should be assigned to the NPCs making them more interesting to fight

Most important

NPCs need more defense to make ACC weapons much more desirable and causeing weapons with no ACC mods less desirable , They way you have it set up now is just telling players to max DPS to the MAX

smaller NPCs should have a lot of defense skill
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its good they are fixing this, before it was said Tier 6 isnt required for content, but experience in game has been completely different. For people without Fleet/STF Elite gear at least, just regular C-store sets and Featured Episode gear, Tier 5 ships have a extremely annoying time at 51-60, meanwhile in Tier 6 ships, with the same exact gear/BOs, the fights are much more enjoyable. Not easy but not crazy hard either.

People don't like to be made to do anything..

Forcing people to upgrade to get 25% more damage at a high cost has ran hundreds off.

They would have made some people happy by putting MK 14 weapons in the Fleet Store.

This way there is a choice and better that lots of people not upgrading at all and failing the STFs.
    download.jpg
  • syracusemansyracuseman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't play with a fleet, I don't have massive amounts of time to dedicate to playing, but I do like to play. The solo adventures so far and their additions have been entertaining, but I do want to get some gear and complete at least a few Rep challenges. So far the fail conditions on the Omega Borg missions have turned me off to the point that I went from wanting a lifetime membership so I could play as long as this lasts, to not wanting to bother paying for anything because I can't seem to get anywhere without doing so.

PUGs are now pointless and unfortunately that's the only way I end up playing other than solo missions because of my schedule and my free time. Now that most if not all of them are broken for casual gamers I may let this game drift off into fond memories of the past.

Please for the love of God get away from the five year old mentality of DEV vs. Gamer and stop trying to destroy us so thoroughly we can't make any headway without ganging up. Yes your Torpedo does more damage than ours.....so what that's not the point... your supposed to be here to make this FUN for US not yourselves.

No fun equals No $$$$ to put in terms maybe your bosses will understand if you don't.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't play with a fleet, I don't have massive amounts of time to dedicate to playing, but I do like to play. The solo adventures so far and their additions have been entertaining, but I do want to get some gear and complete at least a few Rep challenges. So far the fail conditions on the Omega Borg missions have turned me off to the point that I went from wanting a lifetime membership so I could play as long as this lasts, to not wanting to bother paying for anything because I can't seem to get anywhere without doing so.

PUGs are now pointless and unfortunately that's the only way I end up playing other than solo missions because of my schedule and my free time. Now that most if not all of them are broken for casual gamers I may let this game drift off into fond memories of the past.

Please for the love of God get away from the five year old mentality of DEV vs. Gamer and stop trying to destroy us so thoroughly we can't make any headway without ganging up. Yes your Torpedo does more damage than ours.....so what that's not the point... your supposed to be here to make this FUN for US not yourselves.

No fun equals No $$$$ to put in terms maybe your bosses will understand if you don't.

I think that they have realized how much trying to push DPS sales have hurt them. They do have a few changes coming. You can read about it in the link located in this thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1408731

As of yet, they have not addressed the problem of the Advance queues that were adapted to keep elite players from steamrolling like the STFs which don't have an Elite option. However, it is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully after this change, they will see the need to give the elite players Elite options for all queues, instead of trying to make Advance carry both types of players (Advance and Elite).
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • eigthballereigthballer Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I just came from the new iconian q's. Iconian Sphere to be precise. In "normal" it took 30 min to kill the final Boss, BTW it's shield were still 90% up. The thing regenerates faster than anything we have ever seen before. In advanced the weakest iconian goons are 1.5 Million HP, hardened shields, and have a "solar gate attack" that drained my 36K shields and 40K hull in 5 seconds flat.

By comparison on the same day I pugged an ISA, which succeeded with 4 min. on the clock. I parsed it: Myself at 12.5 KDPS (sci, Vesta) and the other guys at 13, 11, 7 and 5 KDPS. so, a very average team (as per my past experience parsing PUGs). I did not die even once, even fighting 2-3 spheres at time. Spheres are ~300K HP, cubes ~ 1M if I remember correctly.

So, I would like to ask the Devs, aren't both missions supposed to be "advanced" yielding similar game experinces? How do you justify such differences in critter HP and damage dealt? How do you expect the average PUG to ever pull the new queues? Do you realistically expect anyone to play these Q's since we can get all the marks we need by running BHE (which is a joke, BTW)?

Don't you think you might have overnerfed?

Food for tought